Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    Where does everyone typically ride? I'm looking to expand out of the Merrimack Valley area here in MA. Only interested in single track. My rides in southern NH have been a bit of a dissapointment and KT is a bit far for a day trip.
    Willowdale in Ipswich, MA.

Where does everyone typically ride? I'm looking to expand out of the Merrimack Valley area here in MA. Only interested in single track. My rides in southern NH have been a bit of a dissapointment and KT is a bit far for a day trip.
    Waterbury, Stowe, Morrisville and greater northern Vermont. Not a day trip for you but I show ya around if you make it up here.

Bear brook is about an hour drive from you, and highland has about 6 miles of fun XC. Pearl Hill isn't too far away and it was really fun the few times I've been so far.

Fort rock is really good too, but I had a tour guide, seemed like an easy place to get turned around in.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Willowdale in Ipswich, MA.
    I second that!
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Nice to see Highland has been adding and doing some machine benching on their XC trails. I was riding Highland the other day the section where the XC trails and the DH trails are almost side by side. Got me thinking, there I was bombing down a trail full of baby-heads and roots on a hard tail and next to me were DH'ers riding their breaks on perfectly manicured, flowy trails on big full suspension bikes. Kind of weird anyway super fun XC trails.

Anyone at Hampshire 100 this weekend?
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Vacation day ride, packed 4282' of climbing into a 36.47 miler. Rode three laps around and up Mt Wachusett. That third ascent required some zig-zags at the steepest bits.

Mountain House trailhead*:
    S. on Mtn Road, Right onto Westminster Rd continue along W. Princeton Rd and right on Bolton Rd. Right again onto Mtn Road and up to State Park entrance and to summit. Down to Mtn Road and right turn to finish lap +/- a mile South. There is about a mile of dirt road on the backstretch, my 28c tires did fine, 25c would be okay too. Watch it descending Bolton Road, winding road with center drivers coming up. Delayed by cars 2 out of three times descending the mountain.

Passing my parked car to start the third lap was an agreement-with-self type moment.

* I drove the lap first, noting sand on one corner and a little water grooving on the dirt section. Otherwise good surfaces for shady country roads.
    Last edited by robrox; 08-14-2015 at 07:51 AM.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Bear brook is about an hour drive from you, and highland has about 6 miles of fun XC. Pearl Hill isn't too far away and it was really fun the few times I've been so far.

Fort rock is really good too, but I had a tour guide, seemed like an easy place to get turned around in.
    Hit Pearl Hill today. Fun place and the natural features were great. Fort Rock and Willowdale are on the short list too.

Just over the border. This place is fun!

Anyone here doing the VT50 this year? The wife and I are doing it. Both placed well in our respective Novice categories last year, so moving up to sport this year. I'm hoping to go sub 5:30, but realize that it is super weather dependent.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Anyone here doing the VT50 this year? The wife and I are doing it. Both placed well in our respective Novice categories last year, so moving up to sport this year. I'm hoping to go sub 5:30, but realize that it is super weather dependent.
    It's on my list, maybe next year.
    Good luck
    Yesterday up in North Conway was awesome! Sixteen miles of pure pleasure. NEMBA did a good job over there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1440955408.487266.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	169181

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1440955421.244161.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	275.8 KB 
ID:	169182

Buttah

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1440955494.779280.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	169183
    crab in my shoe mouth

Last Tuesday I went to NJ to pick up a rack for a great deal (4 bike T2 for $100) and went for a ride at Ringwood while I was there. That's the third good length trail ride I've done in Jersey and can't help but think - WTF is with that place? Fkn rocks, more rocks and then a few more thrown in just in case you forgot about the ones before.

You know what sux about working in the bike industry? When the weather is FKNA perfect like the last three days we work so the rest of you can go out and enjoy it. Then on our days off it's hot and humid or raining. Good thing I have good lights...

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It's on my list, maybe next year.
    Good luck
    Yesterday up in North Conway was awesome! Sixteen miles of pure pleasure. NEMBA did a good job over there.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1440955408.487266.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	169181

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1440955421.244161.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	275.8 KB 
ID:	169182

Buttah

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1440955494.779280.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	169183
    Where you be riding in north cornflake...Congrats btw.

Finally managed to get up to Thunder Mtn. last Sunday. Sweet place!
    Small, but growing.

Was a very happy camper with Back of the Shack/Billy Badger combo runs and Schist runs!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Where you be riding in north cornflake...Congrats btw.
    Over by the moats, NEMBA system. Goes up on the ledge, white horse is it? Seriously fun stuff
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Over by the moats, NEMBA system. Goes up on the ledge, white horse is it? Seriously fun stuff
    True! Got a great tour of that stuff a couple years ago.

Really, really want to get back up there and check out more stuff, and ride that again!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

I've been getting to as many new spots as possible this summer around New England. The latest is Burlingame Park down in RI. Great spot with decent climbs and tons of rock and bridge features. You can put together a great 14 mile loop and then go cool off in the the lake next to the parking lot. If you're looking for a beach/bike weekend, its a great option.

Hmm I need to check out the other side of N Conway. I have been riding Pudding pond and Cobble mtn area a lot this summer.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Willowdale!! What a great pedal. I heart S NE riding. What a fun day.

OK mags, I am finally done with the move from hell and relocated in Hopkinton..

Vietnam is 3 miles from my front door!!!

I'm more xc than big hit, but I assume there's plenty of everything in there?

I tried a ride the other day but promptly got lost and didn't find what I was looking for.

Using the nemba map, can anyone point me in the right direction for a good xc ride? I don't mind some techy stuff coming from being a regular at Lynn, but would like to stay in the saddle and pedal for a while without needing to hike a bike around the big drops...

Where should I look??

Check out Strava. I was there today for my annual Nam ride. We tend to head straight to the plaque so can't really comment on the rest.

15 solid miles in Carrabassett today. That place gets better every week. If you haven't made it up yet, you need to make the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    OK mags, I am finally done with the move from hell and relocated in Hopkinton..

Vietnam is 3 miles from my front door!!!

I'm more xc than big hit, but I assume there's plenty of everything in there?

I tried a ride the other day but promptly got lost and didn't find what I was looking for.

Using the nemba map, can anyone point me in the right direction for a good xc ride? I don't mind some techy stuff coming from being a regular at Lynn, but would like to stay in the saddle and pedal for a while without needing to hike a bike around the big drops...

Where should I look??
    I only ride Nam a handful of times a year, but there is quite a bit of fast XC riding. There's another parking area (not the Wendy's lot) that gives you access to more trails that aren't like the usual Nam freeride stuff. I'll ask one of my riding buddies who knows the area how to access it and update you. I wish I could offer more info but I don't ride nam too often.

There a huge variety of trails there but lack of maps and signage means you just gotta get out there and explore.

Finally went to Thunder Mtn this past weekend with some friends. They've done really well with those trails! The schist is a blast and the jump trail doesn't need brakes, those corners are laid out perfectly!!

Small problems with logistics like food and bike loading and unloading. The lifties were smashing some of the bikes into the railing when they stood them up at the top, they are planning to put a rack system in place for next season. A buddy forgot lunch, so had to get food, but they have it set up as a sit down style cafeteria where there's a waitress and everything.

I think it'll only get better and better, the trails alone made it worth the trip!!

Will my fat bike fit on the lift? It won't at Windham They said the trays and wheel hoops are too narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    I only ride Nam a handful of times a year, but there is quite a bit of fast XC riding. There's another parking area (not the Wendy's lot) that gives you access to more trails that aren't like the usual Nam freeride stuff.
    I think its the lot on Adams St in Holliston?