Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Funeral?

Put me in a pine box. Everyone who shows up for the funeral can take turns hammering a nail into the lid. Then bury me out back where all the old dogs are buried. Then cocktails.
    Last edited by I've seen black diamonds!; 03-09-2015 at 10:58 AM.

I think there's something to be said for a resting place that one's loved ones can visit for periods of reflection -- it's not really our own wishes that matter, but the wishes of those who wish to say goodbye and-- from time time- remember us.
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

I would rather my loved one's went skiing climbing paddling than visit me in someplace that looks like a glorifyed golf course besides ... I always hated cutting the lawn

I thot about giving 4 lifties from the ski hill a couple of K to have a LOT of fun while they take the urn on that last ski road trip to Kicking Horse and get pitched off the top of the stairway to heaven chair, of course they must take the urn everywhere ... skiing, out to diner and the bar
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I told my wife she can do what ever she damn wells pleases. I'll be dead, so I won't care.

Funerals are for the living.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

let an expert weigh in

upon death, you will be given a series of tests to determine if you are worthy enough to transcend to the next plane. If you fail the tests then nothing, for eternity. If you pass, your wildest dreams will become your new reality.

just be sure to pick a really kick-ass song for your loved ones to hear in your memory.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Cremation and put on local hill back bowls looking out over valley
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by robgoose View Post
    I think there's something to be said for a resting place that one's loved ones can visit for periods of reflection -- it's not really our own wishes that matter, but the wishes of those who wish to say goodbye and-- from time time- remember us.

Yea, I kind of agree with the resting place thing.

Most of my family are farmer/ranchers, I'd like to dig up everybody and move them to the old family homestead.

Suppose the family members thought their family plot was a good idea, but just such a crappy cemetery.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Hpw about lunch?

Yes, well, that's about the final word, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by robgoose View Post
    I think that's the point. Don't go to some manicured cemetery, come visit on the mountain top, beach, etc.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    I think that's the point. Don't go to some manicured cemetery, come visit on the mountain top, beach, etc.
    That reminds me that I need to go do some canoeing this summer in a certain spot. And there's an ocean beach I need to visit.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Doesn't Crestone have a community pyre?

Tie me at the crossroads when I die. Hang me in the wind til I get good and dry.-- B. Cockburn
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJF1W-cElUs

The grandkids chucked my mom's ashes into the Merced River in Yosemite Valley. It was windy. Owen threw Nana's ashes into everyone's faces. Good times...
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

mike, that reminds me of another ashes story. My brother in law helped spread ashes for a close family friend. And then wiped his hands on his black jeans. So all day he was wandering around with two big hand prints of her ashes on the backs of his legs where he couldn't see.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Cremate me and then fire my ashes out of the recoilless rifle at Snowbird. Then go have a party.

If you cut the seal on the bag you will make a fucking mess so what you wana do when you pitch ashes is cut a hole in the corner of the bag about the size of a silver dollar so you get the good pour action and you want to stand up wind
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My wife and I talk about this fairly frequently, mostly about what tunes we want at the wake. I want a good times Irish wake, with my friends laughing about stupid shit that should've killed me earlier.
    I want my ashes spread in some of my preferred weird spots on Alta and on Amasa Back near Pothole Arch in Moab.

My wife says she wants Zep's Kashmir played for WTF laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    My wife and I talk about this fairly frequently, mostly about what tunes we want at the wake. I want a good times Irish wake, with my friends laughing about stupid shit that should've killed me earlier.
    Clancy Brothers, "The Parting Glass" is the only song I insist be played at my "he-died" party.

If someone could get me propped up on my skis and line me up for an 800 foot drop, I'd appreciate it.
    And get pics.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    If someone could get me propped up on my skis and line me up for an 800 foot drop, I'd appreciate it.
    And get pics.
    Pm Blurred
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=52058
    Kong rock at the mini- It's been claimed!

Like I said, funerals, and funeral rights are for the living. The dead don't give a fuck where their ashes or remains end up, at least I have yet to hear a complaint from them. We bury bodies or spread ashes in places so the living can remember the dead. Like I said, I don't give where I end up, but if it is important to somebody living, knock yourself out.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

You're right that's the exact same thing you posted before.

When my dad died, my brother & I spread his ashes around the McKenzie river where he lived. I spread a bunch along the McKenzie River Trail while my brother spread a bunch on the golf course - mostly traps and rough.

The bit we had left over we dumped into the river where it turned a large area milky green, settled into a hole and failed to dissipate despite a stiff current. We pondered the water quality regulations we may have violated, noted we were also on the wrong side of a no trespassing sign, fired a joint, then went for beers.