http://www.en.tout-terrain.de/trailers/singletrailer/

Just got one of these for the wee one. It seems that this is the only child trailer out there with decent suspension and single track capabilities. The valley trails should dry up soon and I can really put this thing through its paces on the single track. It is designed to be pulled behind a full suspension bike and fits well behind my blur LT (XL frame).

We have a Chariot Cheetah but only use that for a stroller and xc ski sled (well I took it downhill skiing too but its capabilities are limited). Perhaps I will buy the bike hitch for that unit in the future when we are going on family biking/camping trips and need to pack along more gear and the kid.

So far riding out in front of the house I can say this tout thing is dope. It tracks behind the bike well, banks in the corners (read can't flip) and has 8 inches of travel. It's almost as if it's not even back there. Turning radius is as tight as you can turn on your bike.

The only downfall I see of this product is that it only has one use, biking. However, I'm looking into modifying it by adding a single ski (like a sit ski) and modifying the harness/yolk from the Chariot to make it feasible for downhill skiing on some mellow backcountry terrain.

As for the price, yup it ain't cheap, neither is a BMW. Not that we need to justify our purchase, our thought process concluded that my wife and I could continue to go out and ride (single track) 3-5 rides/wk together with the wee one. Our alternatives would be to pay for child care or ride separately. Seems worth it to us.