Page 8 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2015/16

Demanding an apology when one of the great sports heroes of this generation is loudly, repeatedly and incorrectly denounced as a liar is perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Demanding an apology when one of the great sports heroes of this generation is loudly, repeatedly and incorrectly denounced as a liar is perfectly reasonable.
    should "The Media" or "The Court of Public Opinion" be served with papers first?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

NFL 2015/16

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Hoodys son Tom took a pretty big leap off a Costa Rica waterfall.
    Proof once again he plays with fully inflated balls

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    nothing says "classy" like demanding public apologies AFTER a big Super Bowl win, and AFTER your star QB is seen cliff jumping and playing 1on1 with Jordan. It seems like TFB is doing just fine without the apology!?!

Also, remember when the Pats beat the Chargers in SD and danced on the 50yd line after the game? Then 10 years later when they barely won their 4th superbowl their fans bitched about the Seahawks being classless, then demanded a public apology for something that may or may not have been something (wink wink)???

Man, I'm getting nostalgic for Raplisberger and the Stealers faithful... we 12s didn't know how good we had it back then!

/meltdown
    should "The Media" or "The Court of Public Opinion" be served with papers first?
    Do you honestly think that you made any valid points there? Or is that just emotional verbal diarrhea? TB cliff diving has what to do with deflategate? Patriots dancing on the Chargers logo after beating them in a game where they publicly talked truck loads of shit pre-game has what to do with their most recent SB victory?

The NFL and many many reporters owe apologies if the Pats are exonerated in this investigation. The NFL allowed leak after leak to come out which painted the Patriots in a negative light and took no action to clarify wrong information for days after the leaks. Meanwhile, the rest of the country got whipped up into a witch hunt by the overzealous Patriots / Bellichick hating media. Therefore an apology is warranted.

Browns GM to be suspended over texts during games and Falcons to lose a pick for piping in crowd noise.

Given recent personnel decisions, this may help the Browns. As for Atlanta, well, at least the Hawks are good and interesting...

Nothing short of a ring kiss ceremony live on ESPN produced and promoted with the same vigor as "The Decision" will do.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Here is ESPN's list of teams that forfeited draft picks since 1980.

2016 Falcons 5th round pick for piping crowd noise into the Georgia Dome
    2012, 2013 Saints 2nd-round picks in 2012 and 2013 for bounty matter
    2011 Lions 7th-round pick for tampering with Chiefs players
    2008 49ers 5th-round pick for tampering with Bears LB Lance Briggs
    2008 Patriots 1st-round pick for "Spygate" scandal
    2002, 2005 Broncos 3rd-round picks in 2002 and 2005 for circumventing salary cap between 1996-98
    2001, 2002 49ers 2001 5th-round pick, 2002 3rd-round pick for salary cap violations
    2001 Steelers 3rd-round pick for exceeding 1998 salary cap
    1986 Patriots 3rd-round pick for illegal use of injured reserve list
    1981 Broncos 3rd-round pick for contract violations involving Bill Thompson
    1981 Raiders 5th-round pick for illegally sequestering two players in 1978
    1980 Eagles 3rd-round pick for holding illegal tryout
    1980 Raiders 4th-round pick for evasion of player limit

In the "got screwed by the league" department, I think Saints fans are underrated. I mean, we overlook it now, but Sean Payton had to miss an ENTIRE season and it screwed up the continuity of his team not long after winning a Super Bowl. Can you imagine the reaction if the same punishment had been doled out to Belichick for SpyGate? (granted, spygate was way overblown and most people don't understand that prior to that season it was standard operating procedure for every team in the league for many years, but still....)

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    In the "got screwed by the league" department, I think Saints fans are underrated. I mean, we overlook it now, but Sean Payton had to miss an ENTIRE season and it screwed up the continuity of his team not long after winning a Super Bowl. Can you imagine the reaction if the same punishment had been doled out to Belichick for SpyGate? (granted, spygate was way overblown and most people don't understand that prior to that season it was standard operating procedure for every team in the league for many years, but still....)
    I think we can file the Payton suspension under "posturing that the nfl cares about players' health." There's a limit to how pissed you can get about it, because the league probably should care. But Saints fans have the right to feel annoyed about it, for sure.

I love the Raiders being penalized for "sequestering players" like it was back in the NFL vs. AFL days....

Guess Aaron Hernandez will be added to the ever growing list of people who owe Kraft an apology: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/aa...150707783.html

"An apology, Senator!"

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Guess Aaron Hernandez will be added to the ever growing list of people who owe Kraft an apology: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/aa...150707783.html

"An apology, Senator!"

Bill is also on the witness list, that should be fun to watch.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Bill is also on the witness list, that should be fun to watch.
    "We're on to the murder weapon."

nice shoes, Robert.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Do you honestly think that you made any valid points there? Or is that just emotional verbal diarrhea? TB cliff diving has what to do with deflategate? Patriots dancing on the Chargers logo after beating them in a game where they publicly talked truck loads of shit pre-game has what to do with their most recent SB victory?

The NFL and many many reporters owe apologies if the Pats are exonerated in this investigation. The NFL allowed leak after leak to come out which painted the Patriots in a negative light and took no action to clarify wrong information for days after the leaks. Meanwhile, the rest of the country got whipped up into a witch hunt by the overzealous Patriots / Bellichick hating media. Therefore an apology is warranted.
    oh.my.god.

you and yours whined all day about "being classy" so my verbal diarrhea has EVERYTHING to do with the Pats. You do seem super classy though, so there is that...

also, I ended with "/meltdown" to let normal people know that I know that I'm still, as a SEA fan, grasping at straws over a lost Superbowl.

anyway, stay classy chowds.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

What was that?

I might just post this on every page in this thread.

Hadn't seen that in a while. Man, that was an amazing play.

Doh! That's like Spock's mind meld for Hawks fans - pain!

At :51...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=65dzjOIkwwI

Hah! Burn notice received...

Man, Kearse got straight up jammed by Browner on that one. They totally knew it was coming and outworked the pedestrians who demonstrated why people call them pedestrian. Browner being bigger and stronger fucked that play up.

Stay Classy Yankees of the NFL.

p.s. would've been sick if Lockette jabbed in and broke back to the flat, but then the hawks would've had to know that the Pats knew what was coming. Chess match!

Hah! Burn notice received...

Man, Kearse got straight up jammed by Browner on that one. They totally knew it was coming and outworked the pedestrians who demonstrated why people call them pedestrian. Browner being bigger and stronger fucked that play up.

p.s. would've been sick if Lockette jabbed in and broke back to the flat, but then the hawks would've had to know that the Pats knew what was coming. Chess match!
    Some play chess, some play checkers.

Denzel knows: "This shit's chess, it ain't checkers!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW4zXiZh6p8

Chess vs. checkers - do you want your team to trade up or trade back In the draft?

I wouldn't mind seeing Niners forego at WR at 15 to trade back and maybe get ILB Kendricks and either WR D. Smith or an OL pick. late in Rd 1 and/or early in Rd 2.

According to the Baltimore Sun’s Aaron Wilson, the NFL has hired the league’s first-ever female official.
    Bye bye cheerleaders

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

you took too long gettin it on page 10

uh that MIGHT be true, if the Patriots had spent their way to multiple titles, doubling the payrolls of most other teams in the league. . but, uh.. they didnt

Not to mention the Yankees don't really win championships anymore. Since 2000 they've only got one. Not exactly dominant.

What was that?

That Vegas fix though....