Page 5 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2015/16

I am glad that Lynch has turned his career around at Seattle, but he was an injury prone ass at the end of his tenure with the Bills. Fred Jackson was the better back at the time. Lynch's antics are less Skittle-rific when a team is 7-9.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Fred Jackson was the better back at the time.
    "at the time" = 2009-10 only, i.e., Lynch has been the more successful back before 09-10 and after 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    So I guess the niner nation doesn't care about Bush.
    We're all kind of indifferent at this point. Maybe it all works out somehow, but it probably doesn't. I think it's a good signing as he is a different kind of runner than Carlos Hyde and Kendall Hunter, so depending on the defense you're playing it's good to have that variety. I could see the read option between Bush / Kap being deadly if used correctly. Big if, though. It is a nice platoon of RB's, I will say.

Prediction: Kap is a top 5 QB this year and will be under center for SF for a long time, or he's about the same as last year and isn't on SF the following season.

Yeah, I worry about that every time he takes off galloping with Blaine Fucking Gabbert waiting in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    On top of that, Jeff Laurie... ...didn't become a billionaire by being an idiot.
    He's a billionaire and he skis Killington...

Everyone knows, the really smart money is at Magic.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    He's a billionaire and he skis Killington...

Everyone knows, the really smart money is at Magic.
    Everybody has their faults I guess, "skiing" sounds like one of his

go hawks!
    hell yeah!

I'm not that worried about it to be honest - he's a big strong guy himself - he's not going to just get crushed, especially in the open field where a tackler could have momentum. I honestly can't remember Kap being hit that hard, other than Clay Matthews clothes-lining him 7 yards out of bounds.

We'll see. Should be a very interesting year for him. At least makes SF worth watching at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if him and RW end up being two of the top QB's in the NFC, and I wouldn't be surprised if we start reading a bunch of columns about them not living up to the hype. Both are right on that career cusp IMO and could go either way.

(and yes, RW is ahead of Kap currently)
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 03-16-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Why exactly are they mortgaging the future? They still have quite a bit of space under the cap and Chip said in his presser that he plans to build from within via the draft going forward...lip service, maybe but he certainly isn't scared to pull the trigger to make moves he thinks are in the team's best interest.

On top of that, Jeff Laurie isn't going to let him make these moves if he isn't convinced there is a solid master plan. The guy didn't become a billionaire by being an idiot.

Hmmm.....Bradford, AKA the NFL's most overpaid gimp, another $16 mil for Sancheezey-butt-fumble and maybe Jeebus-is-my-copilot at 3rd string...this is some master plan...I think its called desperately throwing wads of cash at cast-offs nobody else wants...two rejects from the Jets backing up the cripple, good luck with that. There's cheaper routes to the 1st draft pick in 2016.http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...delphia-eagles
    Last edited by neckdeep; 03-16-2015 at 01:58 PM.

and today tebow practiced with the iggles? man, chip likes to shake the pot.

Well damn, the 9ers D will suffer since Willis is retiring, but hey, they have Borland waiting in the wings to step up after his breakout rookie season, right?

Uhhh...right?

Um, guys...?

1. Good for him.
    2. I wonder if this is the beginning of a trend of sorts...? (Trend being retirements early due to concerns about chronic hits/TBIs, not a trend of Niners retirements. That's already been established.)
    3. Fuck. Another huge loss.
    Last edited by LightRanger; 03-16-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

That sucks, but good for him. Play one year, make over $400,000 - walk away. The Niner's also had a running back who did the same several years ago.

At least he did this before the draft, not after.

Shorter careers for "healthy" players will likely become a trend as the players get educated. May help Willis' HOF chances down the line.

Wilfork to the Texans, damn

He's had two diagnosed concussions. The last one his sophomore year in HS. He said he made his decision after consulting his family and 'concussion researchers'. After reading the piece on sfgate, he makes a pretty solid case for his decision.

There's way too much emphasis on concussions as opposed to just the repeated blows to the head that don't cause concussions. IMO that's what really sets football apart. I had three or four concussions playing high school soccer (in the 90's so of course there wasn't any official diagnosis back then) - it's not even close to the same thing. Sports radio this morning has a bunch of d-bags calling him a pussy. Football fans are kind of the worst.

Can't help but wonder about a psychological head trauma caused by the dumbass behavior of managment, especially showing Fangio the door.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Can't help but wonder about a psychological head trauma caused by the dumbass behavior of managment, especially showing Fangio the door.
    Nah, that's a clear cut case of RKS...

(Rich Kid Syndrome)

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There's way too much emphasis on concussions as opposed to just the repeated blows to the head that don't cause concussions. IMO that's what really sets football apart.
    Yep. Concussions are common in tons of sports. There is no equivalent I can think of to the sub-concussive impacts that occur in football on every. single. play.

Guy has a history degree from a top tier public university and is thinking of going into sports management. Lifetime he'll probably make more money doing that than if he had a full football career and then tried to get involved in a lucrative second career with a less than top tier brain. Not all NFL players have the luxury.

Not to mention, having played one season to establish cred (he did very, very well), then walking away... I guarantee you this guy could line up speaking engagements for a pretty good price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yep. Concussions are common in tons of sports. There is no equivalent I can think of to the sub-concussive impacts that occur in football on every. single. play.
    Boxing. But those guys seem fine later in life, right?

Yeah, he'll influence tons of kids in towns like Marin and Belmont.
    That's a good point. Easy to do with a good family background and options. A poor kid with no degree may have a harder time making that call.

I heard some clips of Borland's comments this morning. Extremely well spoken kid. He could make a lot of money as an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I heard some clips of Borland's comments this morning. Extremely well spoken kid. He could make a lot of money as an agent.
    True. I'm surprised there aren't more ex-players as agents - you would think up-and-coming players would trust them more. Most of them are still lawyerly douches (i.e. Drew Rosenhaus).

I'm betting every team in the league re-reviewed their draft boards this week taking "does he need the money?" into consideration a bit more than before.