Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2015/16

Andre Johnson to the Colts. I was hoping to see him in a Pats uniform. Talent seems to be fleeing from the NFC to the AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Andre Johnson to the Colts. I was hoping to see him in a Pats uniform. Talent seems to be fleeing from the NFC to the AFC.
    Texans and Colts are in the same division. What other talent do you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Jets did get a new young Ryan though.
    And well educated. He can help Geno with the following math problem:

A receiver leaves the line of scrimmage running at 15 miles an hr. After 10 yards the receiver turns right at a 90 degree angle to the sideline at 10 mph.
    Assuming the QB is standing in the middle of the field, calculate the angle at which the ball should be thrown to meet the receiver just before he runs out of bounds:
    a. 0 degrees
    b. 12.5 degrees
    c. 22 degrees
    d. none of the above, the ball was fumbled on the snap
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    Texans and Colts are in the same division. What other talent do you speak of?
    Suh, Marshal, McCoy, Maclin. Most of the big name signings seem to either have went from AFC to AFC or NFC to AFC.

Edit to add - I hope the Jets get nailed for tampering with Revis. Nothing less than a first round pick to the Pats should be the penalty.
    Last edited by neufox47; 03-11-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Who will replace Revis, and what do I do with my Revis and Wilfork jerseys.
    dont sell your Wilfork jersey QUITE yet... the fat (man?) lady isnt siging on that one yet

why would you buy Revis??? clearly not in it for the long haul, from the signing... at least you dont have an Aaron Hernandez jersey. wtf do I do with THAT?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Good argument for Willis being HOF worthy...
    I could get with that - he was great.

Eagles keep loading up, hope Mariota is up to the task!

Who's gonna come out on top?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

niners got the rugby star for 3 years, special teams player, maybe kick-off returns......
    I think you're missing it on Haynes versatility and heart. He's going to be the Rudy of the 49ers but with more skills then QB pumpernickel

does anyone believe that Drew Brees was "shocked" to learn of the Jimmy Graham trade? They HAD to have talked to him no? Maybe he was shocked when they first floated the idea?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    does anyone believe that Drew Brees was "shocked" to learn of the Jimmy Graham trade? They HAD to have talked to him no? Maybe he was shocked when they first floated the idea?
    I would guess that they would have went to him first, probably saying that he needed to restructure or they were going to have to dump payroll. He said no and they got rid of Graham. Brees says he shocked because he doesn't want to say he wouldn't give up cash to keep him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    And well educated. He can help Geno with the following math problem:

A receiver leaves the line of scrimmage running at 15 miles an hr. After 10 yards the receiver turns right at a 90 degree angle to the sideline at 10 mph.
    Assuming the QB is standing in the middle of the field, calculate the angle at which the ball should be thrown to meet the receiver just before he runs out of bounds:
    a. 0 degrees
    b. 12.5 degrees
    c. 22 degrees
    d. none of the above, the ball was fumbled on the snap
    That's a trick question. Fitzy can't imagine a pass being more than 7.5 yards.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Edit to add - I hope the Jets get nailed for tampering with Revis.
    Is that a thing? Haven't heard of that possibility.

I'd wear it...

Only in the bad parts of my town, tho.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Is that a thing? Haven't heard of that possibility.
    the owner made some public statement that the Jets would love to have Revis back when he was still under contract with the Pats. While that is against the rules (the Pats filed a complaint) and they will surely get fined, I don't think it's super egregious, unless there's more to the story.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    the owner made some public statement that the Jets would love to have Revis back when he was still under contract with the Pats. While that is against the rules (the Pats filed a complaint) and they will surely get fined, I don't think it's super egregious, unless there's more to the story.
    Kind of lame, but on the other hand if the Patriots had done that it would be a big deal and everyone would call them cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Kind of lame, but on the other hand if the Patriots had done that it would be a big deal and everyone would call them cheaters.
    They're held to a higher standard?

The tampering thing was waay more than just public statements made by the owner. (Which, by themselves, constitute tampering in the NFL)

Revis and the Jets worked out an entire five-year, $70 million deal, including guaranteed money, roster bonuses and the like, in less than four hours. The ONLY ways that is possible are: Both sides of the talks were the most efficient negotiators in the history of the legal profession, they instantly agreed on every provision in the first draft of the contract and/or they have the power to manipulate space/time..

OR, there was something else going on- the Jets tampered the hell out of Revis while he was still under contract with the Patriots, actually talking money and terms WHILE he was still under contract with the Pats.

Chip's latest: DeMarco Murray to Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    The tampering thing was waay more than just public statements made by the owner. (Which, by themselves, constitute tampering in the NFL)

Revis and the Jets worked out an entire five-year, $70 million deal, including guaranteed money, roster bonuses and the like, in less than four hours. The ONLY ways that is possible are: Both sides of the talks were the most efficient negotiators in the history of the legal profession, they instantly agreed on every provision in the first draft of the contract and/or they have the power to manipulate space/time..

OR, there was something else going on- the Jets tampered the hell out of Revis while he was still under contract with the Patriots, actually talking money and terms WHILE he was still under contract with the Pats.
    You act like Revis's was the only contract announced on the first day. That shit happens all the time. So if that is evidence of tampering, we have tampering going on many times every single year.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You act like Revis's was the only contract announced on the first day. That shit happens all the time. So if that is evidence of tampering, we have tampering going on many times every single year.
    But of course, the league is looking into all of these deals that were consummated the first day. I'm sure they'll do just as fine of a job investigating tampering as they did investigating DeflateGate.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Chip's latest: DeMarco Murray to Eagles
    Mortgaging the future for a run this year? Seems like they are throwing around a ton of cash

Why exactly are they mortgaging the future? They still have quite a bit of space under the cap and Chip said in his presser that he plans to build from within via the draft going forward...lip service, maybe but he certainly isn't scared to pull the trigger to make moves he thinks are in the team's best interest.

On top of that, Jeff Laurie isn't going to let him make these moves if he isn't convinced there is a solid master plan. The guy didn't become a billionaire by being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post

Was about to say this. Also add that the Jets leaked to the Daily News "The Daily News has learned that Johnson has been involved in serious internal discussions with Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan to make a push for perennial All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis if/when he becomes a free agent next week."

And the NFL has asked specific teams to retain phone records - can't imagine how the Jets wouldn't be on that list.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...phone-records/

Also, the photo of Revis that was tweeted out on Tuesday shows that he was in Florida to meet with Jets management and had finished the deal during daylight hours.

If the NFL decides to throw an investigation at this, I think it will certainly conclude that the Jets had been hammering out contract details well before Revis became a Free Agent at 4PM on Tuesday.

In 08 it was determined that the 49ers tampered with Lance Briggs, The Bears were awarded a 5th and a better 7th for 12th. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-for-tampering

However, the Jets conduct may be significantly worse than the 49ers. The Pats filed tampering charges in December, I would expect that the NFL would have warned the Jets at that point. Then the Jets leaked that they were trying to bring Revis back. If it is now discovered that the Jets contacted Revis's agent, or worse were hammering out contract details, or had made pre-arrangements for Revis to be meet with them on Tuesday, then they continued to tamper after getting a warning. One of the main reasons the Pats Spygate penalty was so big was that they continued to film the sideline from unapproved spots after they were warned not to. The NFL knew that many other teams did the same thing, but gave the other teams no punishment and fined the Pats $1mil and took away a first round pick.

However, this is the Jets and a complaint by the Pats, so the NFL will probably just give a warning, or give the Jets pick to the Giants or something.

Bills fan checking in, it feels like my team is all growed up these days. Acting like it knows how to do business in the NFL.

All I know is I want to take the crown from the Pats while Brady is still good, if we can get adequate play from the qb position we got the horses on D to give them trouble.

You're welcome for the beast mode, great example of what a challenged organization the bills have been. He was and is a stud

There's a long shot but hey, thanks for beast mode.
    You can pick up CJ too now ya know...just in case Lynch decides he wants to stick it to the man.