Page 39 of 145 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2015/16

Russell Wilson does what he needs to win games. The Brady comparison is apt, as he made his name on short passes and "unimpressive" stuff, but he has more rings than Peyton.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Russell Wilson does what he needs to win games. The Brady comparison is apt, as he made his name on short passes and "unimpressive" stuff, but he has more rings than Peyton.
    I think Wilson is damn good but he's not a good short passer:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ort-passing-2/

He can sling it deep though:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...eep-passing-2/

I don't get into stats outside of fantasy, so my thoughts are just that, but I kept thinking to myself that Wilson was making more bad decisions last year than he was previously. too many times he was making dumbass throws rather than putting it up in the 5th row. still, Eli makes more dumbass throws. I only pick on Eli cause he looks stupid while looking stupid. I still might take Eli's favorite target early in my PPR league this year, but I hate betting on Eli.

Eli is pretty hateable.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    I don't get into stats outside of fantasy, so my thoughts are just that, but I kept thinking to myself that Wilson was making more bad decisions last year than he was previously. too many times he was making dumbass throws rather than putting it up in the 5th row. still, Eli makes more dumbass throws. I only pick on Eli cause he looks stupid while looking stupid. I still might take Eli's favorite target early in my PPR league this year, but I hate betting on Eli.

Eli Manning is the Slingblade of quarterbacks.

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by EZB View Post
    That's the TFB Truther logic we've come to love
    You can draw your own conclusions, just be sure to do so in the context of this debacle. Why would anyone give Goodell the benefit of the doubt at this point? Between this, Ray Rice, and Bountygate (which was just as badly handled), this league only cares about how they look, with no regard for substantive or procedural due process. Fine two teams (the Panthers and the Vikings) $25K apiece for getting caught on camera tampering with balls, but for some reason in this case strip the Patriots of draft picks, fine them $1 million, and suspend their star QB for four games despite having no hard evidence of tampering and despite the team's cooperation in the investigation? Explain that, please. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Fine two teams (the Panthers and the Vikings) $25K apiece for getting caught on camera tampering with balls, but for some reason in this case strip the Patriots of draft picks, fine them $1 million, and suspend their star QB for four games despite having no hard evidence of tampering and despite the team's cooperation in the investigation? Explain that, please. Please.
    Just goes to show that you see what you want to see. You don't see any evidence of tampering when a guy nicknamed the Deflator, who had documented texts with another discussion how Brady wanted softer balls, against the rules take the balls into a bathroom, then the balls end up below pressure, and then later Brady's phone is destroyed coincidentally with all this? None, zilch, nothing to see here? Just a series of odd coincidences? No cover-up? No pattern of cheating at NE? Nothing to do with it?

Those other incidents were one-offs where both teams were doing it and stopped once they were told to. No cover-up.

this is a good article: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/pa...hat-never-was/

Basic gist is that Brady is "guilty" such as it is defined, but the NFL is run by buffoons. Can't argue either point.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    this is a good article: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/pa...hat-never-was/

Basic gist is that Brady is "guilty" such as it is defined, but the NFL is run by buffoons. Can't argue either point.
    IMO the Pats should've been fined $25K like the league did in other similar instances, even though this occurrence was not as blatant, and arguably was an accident.

NFL league office = buffoons...can't argue with that.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    You don't see any evidence of tampering when a guy nicknamed the Deflator, who had documented texts with another discussion how Brady wanted softer balls, against the rules take the balls into a bathroom, then the balls end up below pressure, and then later Brady's phone is destroyed coincidentally with all this? None, zilch, nothing to see here? Just a series of odd coincidences? No cover-up? No pattern of cheating at NE? Nothing to do with it?
    I don't think you understand what hard- that is, direct- evidence is. Those examples are circumstantial evidence, and taken together and assumed as true, they look bad. But the question at this point isn't even whether air was let out of the balls- even though it's been well demonstrated that the balls of both the Colts and the Pats had pressure irregularities and that those could have happened without the intercession of a third party- it's whether Brady wanted the air let out of the balls, and- for the hundredth time- there's no evidence of that, at all, direct or circumstantial.

The fact that Brady likes a softer ball, the fact that he got a new phone after being told by the league that they didn't need his old phone, all that shit means very little unless you begin from the assumption that they must have done something because they're the Patriots and the Patriots cheat. If an unpaid equipment guy decides on his own that he has to do something illegal or risk Brady's wrath, that's a rule violation, but not one that should result in the loss of picks, a million-dollar fine, and suspending Brady for four games.

As for the allegation of a cover-up, there's only a cover-up if Brady's not telling the truth when he says he didn't order anyone to let air out of the ball illegally which, for the hundred and first time, there's nothing to say he did.
    Last edited by Steven S. Dallas; 08-04-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    The fact that Brady likes a softer ball, the fact that he got a new phone after being told by the league that they didn't need his old phone, all that shit means nothing unless you begin from the assumption that they must have done something because they're the Patriots and the Patriots cheat.
    I know you won't see this, that's already been made clear, but most Pats fans I see are beginning from the assumption that Brady and the Pats did nothing wrong, and every bit of evidence -- viewed through that lens -- is immediately debunked because of that. The blind spot that y'all exhibit -- viewable it seems only by others -- is laughably huge.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The blind spot that y'all exhibit -- viewable it seems only by others -- is laughably huge.
    I guess you missed the part where I said it looks bad, and also the multiple posts where I said the equipment guy probably did take the air out of the ball because Brady'd killed him for not making sure the balls were soft enough in the Jets game. That doesn't make for a conspiracy worthy of this punishment.

Here's the Appeal Hearing transcript...
    https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wor...pt-t-brady.pdf

Remember Brady's Facebook post, "I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances."

He forgot to say anything about the Samsung being broken in any of his Appeal Hearing answers, even though they asked him about that phone dozens and dozens of times.

Also, re "subjected to investigation", well, the transcript makes clear that it was his team that hired the phone forensics guy to investigate, oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    IMO the Pats should've been fined $25K like the league did in other similar instances, even though this occurrence was not as blatant, and arguably was an accident.

NFL league office = buffoons...can't argue with that.
    Pats homers are bad enough, but a Pats homer that lives in Portland???

THE WORST.

Who gives a shit at this point? Drop the suspension and lets play the new season.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Pats homers are bad enough, but a Pats homer that lives in Portland???

THE WORST.

Who gives a shit at this point? Drop the suspension and lets play the new season.
    I can't stand the Chowds...I'm a Bears fan. That said, the NFL's case is flimsy at best.

Hawks fans in Portland are the worst, btw.

I read that it's really an extension that includes this year, so more like 5 years $89m, or at least that is one way to look at it.
    Another way to look at it is Wilson attempted a meager 454 passes last regular season (completed only 287, tied for 20th in completion %) and handed off the ball a league high 525 plays. Basically, the Hawks are paying through the nose for a below average completion percentage and a shit pile of simple hand-offs; based on his 2014 numbers, paying Wilson appx. $18K per handoff. Elite pay, yes. Elite play, nope, not yet. Unless you want to say Wilson's got an elite, world class hand-off. it's pretty obvious that Wilson just cashed in on the team's success thanks to a rabid fan base of doofuses that would riot and cut off Paul Allen's billionaire balls if Wilson wasn't locked up. That's pretty much how the rest of the country looks at it.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 08-05-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Another way to look at it is Wilson attempted a meager 454 passes last regular season (completed only 287, tied for 20th in completion %) and handed off the ball a league high 525 plays. Basically, the Hawks are paying through the nose for a below average completion percentage and a shit pile of simple hand-offs; based on his 2014 numbers, paying Wilson appx. $18K per handoff. Elite pay, yes. Elite play, nope, not yet. Unless you want to say Wilson's got an elite, world class hand-off. it's pretty obvious that Wilson just cashed in on the team's success thanks to a rabid fan base of doofuses that would riot and cut off Paul Allen's billionaire balls if Wilson wasn't locked up. That's pretty much how the rest of the country looks at it.
    To be fair, his threat as a runner makes those hand-offs more effective than someone like Peyton Manning handing off because they have to respect the other direction if he decides to keep it. Same deal with Kap. So IMO he does contribute somewhat to Lynch's success - not that Lynch isn't a great runner regardless.

But yes, based on what we've seen so far he's overpaid. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Big Steve isn't going to agree with questioning of a fellow attorney's findings...he did find the Wells report compelling after all...I suspect he will have something to say about Steinberg's findings since he's just a reporter and not a JD.

Brady didn't turn over the texts from November to February or March before he had the phone that he did not mention in the appeal hearing was supposedly broken destroyed. Over 9000 of them. Why? He turned over a bunch of other texts, why not these in this time period?

I doesn't matter to NE fans - they'd suck Brady's cock even if it had shit all over it as long as Tom swore that he hadn't just had it in someone's ass.
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 08-05-2015 at 01:02 PM.

National media attention has shifted in favor of the Pats and against the NFL with the release of the appeal transcript.

Also, several attorneys seem to have altered their opinion about Bradys chances. The transcript is pretty damning.

Brady didn't turn over the texts from November to February or March before he had the phone that he did not mention in the appeal hearing was supposedly broken. Over 9000 of them. Why? He turned over a bunch of other texts, why not these?

I doesn't matter to NE fans - they'd suck Brady's cock even if it had shit all over it as long as Tom said he hadn't just had it in someone's ass.
    Why the fuck would he turn over all of his personal texts to an organization that has been leaking shit left and right? Many of them surely between him and his wife. I sure as shit wouldn't. And frankly, all of his texts are none of their fucking business. What don't you understand about that?

Brady didn't turn over the texts from November to February or March before he had the phone that he did not mention in the appeal hearing was supposedly broken. Over 9000 of them. Why? He turned over a bunch of other texts, why not these?

I doesn't matter to NE fans - they'd suck Brady's cock even if it had shit all over it as long as Tom said he hadn't just had it in someone's ass.
    Are you suggesting that his phone had all of the 9000 texts on it still? that he didn't do any deletion since November? If you're not suggesting that, it seems to me the data dig that they did for text messages for Wells probably covered that...plus, if the NFL, as they indicate, were/are only concerned with his conversations with the equipment guys, then what the Pats provided from Brady's phone in addition to the entire contents of the equipment dudes phones seems like enough to full-fill the league's request. It sounds like you disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    National media attention has shifted in favor of the Pats and against the NFL with the release of the appeal transcript.

Also, several attorneys seem to have altered their opinion about Bradys chances. The transcript is pretty damning.
    Don't tell Big Steve that...he'll be torn between finding the Wells report compelling and on the other hand disagreeing with another JD.

I'll say it again, any fan of the NFL should take issue with the way the league handled this because it could have just as easily been the team you root for instead of the Pats. The reason why it has/had such traction in the media is because people irrationally hate the Pats...and this is coming from someone who really dislikes them...and finds their fans to be annoying as fuck...that said, what the league did is BS if you ask me.

You honestly think that any NFL player should have to turn over every text from their personal phone for a six month period? Goodell didn't turn over any of his personal phone records or texts when they investigated if he saw the Ray Rice video. Nor has any other NFL player when being investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You honestly think that any NFL player should have to turn over every text from their personal phone for a six month period? Goodell didn't turn over any of his personal phone records or texts when they investigated if he saw the Ray Rice video. Nor has any other NFL player when being investigated.
    If thats what cooperation in the NFL's investigation requires per the CBA, then yes. He makes fucking millions upon millions of dollars all based on his ability to play in the league and if the league rules and his contract to play in the league requires, then yes he has to perform on the terms of the contract with the league that pays him tens or hundreds of millions of dollars.

Either way I guess that we'll see in relatively short order what an actual judge thinks of all this and not just a bunch of us chumps on TGR and the endless flow of chowderhead opinions on Facebook and the NE based sources that they cite endlessly.