Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2015/16

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    Cobb staying with Packers.
    Good for him and for Green Bay. Cobb can play.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What's your deal?
    What's YOUR deal?

I am looking forward to the draft this year which I usually don't. With the most teams being cap strapped the draft is so much more important than it used to be.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Well supposedly Gore is gone to the eagles and Kaep is on the trading block to the bears or eagles. UNFUCKINGBELIEVEABLE

Chip is making Niners East with a bad defense if true . I don't get it. Lots of cap room though

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Yup, gore to Eagles. A weird Kaep on the trade block rumor. Now a rumor that P Willis is going to retire due to his bad toe. Our coach is Jim Tomsula. My 9er fandom is at an all time low. This is a sad time in 9er land.

Enjoy our pain while you can Seattle fans. You know it will all come around eventually.

Willis to retire tomorrow. 7 pro bowls in 8 years. I think the niners might miss him.

Don't forget that Justin Smith may retire, too. Big leadership void coming up.

You Eagles fans should cross your fingers that the 49ers are bat-shit crazy enough to trade Kap. He would absolutely KILL it under Chip Kelly, not to mention his familiarity with Gore. Niners have gone full retard... oh, and adding to the hot mess: Willis retiring. Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Don't forget that Justin Smith may retire, too. Big leadership void coming up.
    Well, to be fair, they already have a huge leadership void at the very top.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Well, to be fair, they already have a huge leadership void at the very top.
    Yup - Both kinds of leadership, in the locker room and in the front office, are needed. Thought Niners might at least have the latter; at least that was the hope this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianskis View Post
    Willis to retire tomorrow. 7 pro bowls in 8 years. I think the niners might miss him.
    Willis a HOF'er? What does the collective think? Does a guy who was tops at his position for 7-8 years make it? [8 years, 7 Pro Bowls, 5 years 1st Team All-Pro, 1 year 2nd team All-Pro.]

Willis is HOF lock IMO.

Man, Eagles are making bold moves.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Willis is HOF lock IMO.
    It means he played less than any other linebacker in the HOF. Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    It means he played less than any other linebacker in the HOF. Not a chance.
    I get that. Of course for his entire career he was the best or one of the best at his position, league wide. Never missed a pro bowl until he got hurt. Jim Brown had a short career too (9 seasons?) but was so dominant it didn't matter. A bit tougher proposition for a defensive player, though.

Speaking of offensive players. Iupati going to the cardinals... Less pro bowl protection for Kaepernick. Also I personally think rumors of trading "Kap" are ridiculous. What else do they have to replace him with? I think, to the benefit of the Hawks, he will be around San Fran for at least a couple more years.

Top 4 in the NFC next year as of today?

1. Seattle
    2. Green Bay
    3. Philadelphia
    4. Arizona

Iupati is a premier run blocker, but was a turnstile in pass protection last year. IMO, was elected to Pro Bowl on rep. That said, maybe he'll play better for Cards because he'll be one more year removed from the broken ankle he suffered against Seattle in the NFC CG the prior year.

Not a good thing that the Niners are dominating the NFL news today - it's bad news. sigh...

Iupati is a premier run blocker, but was a turnstile in pass protection last year.
    Probably a function of their scheme last year...running QB who isn't much of a pocket passer and a plodding older RB. He was a decent pocket protector for Smith right?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Probably a function of their scheme last year...running QB who isn't much of a pocket passer and a plodding older RB. He was a decent pocket protector for Smith right?
    Actually, Smith got sacked a lot because he held the ball rather than throw INTs. Hard to tell whether/to what extent linemen were also a problem.

I don't think Iupati is nearly as good a pass blocker as he is a run blocker, but IMO he wasn't right last year. Also, the whole line was out of sync because of two new centers (a 1st year starter, D. Kilgore, who then got hurt and was replaced by highly rated rookie from USC M. Martin), RG A. Boone's holdout, and RT A. Davis was hurt most of year (replaced by the R. Incognito bully victim, J. Martin). Bad cohesion.

No, Iupati was *never* a good pass blocker. They have all kinds of fancy stats that prove it. Fantastic run blocker, though. Much of the Niner's O-line is / was that way... similar to Seattle.

About that Cardinals ranking... who the hell is their QB again? I don't think so... they got by the first half of last season with a ton of luck, then reality caught up to them (it wasn't just losing Carson Palmer).

And the hits just keep on coming for the Niners:

FB Bruce Miller arrested for domestic violence - http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/3/9...attery-charges (Good thing they drafted a redshirt FB last year, Trey Millard)

Also, Niners to release WR Stevie Johnson. WR will be: Boldin, T. Smith (hopefully that rumor is true), J. Simpson, Ellington, Patton

Niners should draft D. Smith from OSU in Rd 2 (trade up to get him if necessary in Rd 2). He's supposed to be a great gunner in addition to being a burner.

Gore now "undecided" between Birds and Colts according to multiple reports.

Hard to believe the Niners would trade Kap but if Chip could pull it off I wouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Gore now "undecided" between Birds and Colts according to multiple reports.
    Colts traditional offense with Luck is a better fit for old Gore.

He's supposed to be a great gunner in addition to being a burner.
    You mean he shoots people AND smokes weed? He's perfect for SF! #winningwithclass

... yep, I'm at that point where I'm mocking my favorite team. Going to have to invent drinking games for the upcoming season.

FML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.