help with Solly rental bindings

A family member was just given/loaned a cute little pair of Armada park skis with some rental bindings.

They seem crazy simple, and if they were mounted right, I am doing something wrong.

Seems straight forward: Pick the BSL range at the toe. In this case, in the green range. Then go to green on the heel, and pick the right number.

When I do this, it is way too big.

With the toe set in the green 280-295 range, I snug up the heel so it looks and feels right, and in green in the back, it ends up on 280 or 284.

I did measure the boot, and it is correctly marked at 295.

I found this manual, thanks to search jong. Different but similar binding esssentially says:
    • Line toe up so BC is where you want it.
    • Snug heel.
    • Check forward pressure.

Can't find a a forward pressure indicator. Should it be in this little window?

Any and all help is appreciated. This kid started skiing three months ago. Between loaners and what we had around the house, she has groomer/carvers, 90+ twin tips for powder days, and Dawn Patrol/Naxo's for BC. And, she knows enough to connive my wives Revert/Speed set up when there is any depth in the bc. Now she is eyeing these cute Armada park skis.

funny enough i had this same issue with a pr of skis i picked up just last week. I set the toe to the appropriate BSL, but my numbers on the heel are not 3 digit BSL #'s just like 2 digit #'s. When I picked what might be a corresponding #'s (i.e. 320-335 front and "20" on the back) way too big...I just opted for setting them like i set any salomon binding moving heel forward til it met the boot...all seems well in my world..couldnt find specifics in the manual.

If you can't find the forwards pressure indicator on a solly binding I suggest you stop what you are doing and take them to a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by hhtele View Post
    With the toe set in the green 280-295 range, I snug up the heel so it looks and feels right, and in green in the back, it ends up on 280 or 284.
    It's entirely possible that someone mounted the bindings incorrectly - they're supposed to be mounted for a set BSL - if someone set up the mounting jig incorrectly the BSL adjustment numbers will be meaningless. That doesn't mean that the binding can't be used - it just means you'll have to adjust without the color-coded aides.
    Can't find a a forward pressure indicator. Should it be in this little window?
    You'll never get an accurate RFP indication without the boot clicked in! I think a ski shop can probably help you out with all of this. You should also make sure that the release setting on those 12-DIN bindings goes low enough for your small female ripper.

Toe wings and/or toe height could be too tight, causing false forward pressure readings.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

We are in. Thanks for the help.

First pair of Sollys I have messed with. I am mostly tele/AT. I use Marker tours at the resort, and when I skied in DIN soles, used whatever was cheap, which was mostly Markers.

As far as finding the the window, or trying to adjust forward pressure w/o the boot in the binding:
    The picture I took was to ensure that I was, in fact, looking at the forward pressure window. I wasn't positive, as I couldn't see the indicator despite the boot looking and feeling right.

Better light, reading glasses, toe height adjusted with a business card, wings snugged in to the toe, and I can see the indicator clearly.

All set, and appreciate the help.

If they weren't mounted properly, make sure that they're both boots are the same distance from the tails on the skis.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Line the boot centerline with the ski bcl and move the bindings to accommodate locking the bindings in there.
    And don't ever loan them out or you'll have to do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Line the boot centerline with the ski bcl and move the bindings to accommodate locking the bindings in there.
    And don't ever loan them out or you'll have to do it all over again.

One of the things I like about this binding, is I can mess with boot center for her,
    As far as loaning them out? More of an issue as to whether I return them to the loaner.

One of the things I like about this binding, is I can mess with boot center for her,
    As far as loaning them out? More of an issue as to whether I return them to the loaner.
    and if you have a small BSL you can get more adjustment of the bootcenter in relation to the ski center by putting the heel piece closer than you normally would

I did this with my 4fnt deadbolt demo bindings on 112 wailers and was able to try all the way to +6 but I seemed to like +4/+5 the best
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know