Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Xanadu trail - Transition Patrol vs Evil Following vs Process 111

If you thought that 29ers took an image beating this last few years -- disrespected by both the small-minded 26ers and 650biggots alike, then get ready for full on 29er madness on a mountain trail near you.

It's Lars Sternberg on a 650b Transition Patrol versus Luke Strobel on his 29er Evil Following versus the Unknown Soldier on his 29er Kona Process 111.

The reason you don't see the Unknown Soldier on the Kona Process 111 is because he is waaaay out front

http://www.vitalmtb.com/v/28310

It's a good rip. Too bad the Process 111 was so far out front. Is it me or would it be good to have a drone cam next time?

Right . got it. here then ..

We managed to capture this photo of the Unknown Solider rocking the Kona 29er near the finish line while the Evil folk were still fondling their carbon and the Patrol folk were wondering if 27.5 is/isn't bigger than a size small

That was goddamn awesome. I have to find that trail.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Above Derby Canyon east of Leaveworth

Anybody want to go with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Anybody want to go with me?
    Only if you hold my hand. That ridge looks a bit intimidating. But I suppose it is only the left hand side that is really steep in some places. There are a few more good vids of that trail I just watched on youtube.

Shit ya, I got to get my arse over there some time this next year and check out the trails in this part of the USA.

Another perspective, not quite as fast

If I held your hand we would both fall off the edge! I'm thinking next week.

Great trail, and there is another near by (one ridge over) called Tres Hombres that also rocks...
    Made it over there once this Summer, good times for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    hella

eh?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    eh?
    Canooker for "hell of a"

You just explained that to someone who lives in hella norcal brah.

I was having a dialect-off with a fur trappin, Horton's sucking, healthcare gettin, frenchy descendin, brekkie eatin, deckle applyin freedom haver noner.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I spent much time around there as a kid (summer and x-mas breaks) at the father parental units place in Wenatchee. We did a lot of hiking in the summers and xc skiing in the winters. If I knew then what I know now...but that was before the bike bug hit me anyhow.

I did take along road trip up (from Eugene, OR) late 1998 to visit my grandparents in Omak. Brought the 4" forked Kona hardtail along and rode some cool shit along the way!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

I was having a dialect-off with a fur trappin, Horton's sucking, healthcare gettin, frenchy descendin, brekkie eatin, deckle applyin freedom haver noner.
    I've been working on Brobonics.

Had to go to Google translate as I don't speak brah...

But that's canukian!

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    I spent much time around there as a kid (summer and x-mas breaks) at the father parental units place in Wenatchee. We did a lot of hiking in the summers and xc skiing in the winters. If I knew then what I know now...but that was before the bike bug hit me anyhow.
    Heh. That was before the bug had hit most of the people in Leavenworth too. That place has blown up the last few years.

When the beginning of the video said eastern wa I was hoping it would be closer to me. I guess from Seattle everything on the other side of stevens pass is considered "east?"

But that's canukian!

Ah, learn something new every day.

Heh. That was before the bug had hit most of the people in Leavenworth too. That place has blown up the last few years.
    Funny thing is, a short distance as the crow flies, there is some great single track that people have been hitting for decades.
    The whole Entiat valley, Maverick Saddle, Fish lake area has a lot of great riding.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    When the beginning of the video said eastern wa I was hoping it would be closer to me. I guess from Seattle everything on the other side of stevens pass is considered "east?"
    For the most part, yeah...
    Anything East of the Cascade Crest.

Any idea what the trail conditions are presently? The west side trails are perfect hero dirt. I've never spent any time on the east side though so I don't know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Any idea what the trail conditions are presently? The west side trails are perfect hero dirt. I've never spent any time on the east side though so I don't know what to expect.
    That trail will get blown up and turn to moon dust this summer. That was filmed last week. Should look about the same.

Plan to double tap it. One lap is 7ish miles and maybe 1500 vert. Or go and hit Tres as was previously mentioned.
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 03-05-2015 at 08:00 AM. Reason: mas detail

Damn. Ok. Looks like I'm making a trip soon. Thanks for the beta.

Jed, just watch the weather patterns too.
    I've hit Xanadu in the heart of Summer after a good rain cycle and had a decent ride.
    I fully encourage you to dig deeper into other trails that are within the same region.
    Devils Gulch over by Mission/Cashmere is also an awesome single track.

The more I look around the more awesome trails I discover.

You literally can't swing a dead cat around here...
    Have you discovered Dash Point for close by (to you) single track?

No! Tell me about this dash point. I've seen the signs. I'm about 10 minutes from tapeworm which is pretty fun for a mellow ride. I rode Henry's ridge last night tiger the day before Duthie the day before that and Tokul on Sunday. Funemployment has its benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Funny thing is, a short distance as the crow flies, there is some great single track that people have been hitting for decades.
    The whole Entiat valley, Maverick Saddle, Fish lake area has a lot of great riding.

For the most part, yeah...
    Anything East of the Cascade Crest.
    People that live here usually refer to it as Central WA. There are a lot of great single track trails between Wenatchee and the Crest. I think this area will experience a MTB boom, it's already started and will continue to spread. You could spend a weeks vacation here and take an epic ride every day.