In between sizes

Looking to pick up a pair of '15 Bent Chetlers soon, but I feel like i'm kind of in between sizes and I could use some opinions. I'm a small guy (5'6, 125ish) but am definitely not a passive skier. The past two seasons Ive been on a pair of 176 SFB's, and I love the playfullness of them, but have definitely been finding the speed limit more often these days.
    I know the Bent Chetler is naturally a more stable ski, so should I just stay with the 178 to keep the playfullness, or would it be worth while bumping up to the 185 and maybe losing some of that.

Any suggestions would be cool

Neither. Get ON3P Jeffrey 122s in a 181cm instead.

If you want to get a ski to play to your current strengh/ability, go 178. If you want to learn to ski more better, and try to keep up to the ski (and be tired at noon) get the 185.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Neither. Get ON3P Jeffrey 122s in a 181cm instead.
    That was another option. Haven't really heard enough on the differences between the skis though. You have anything?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    If you want to get a ski to play to your current strengh/ability, go 178. If you want to learn to ski more better, and try to keep up to the ski (and be tired at noon) get the 185.
    Do you think ill get more stability out of the 178 BC than my 176 SFB? 176 is already a good bit overhead for me, so 185 would definitely be a good jump up. Im not worried about my ability to ski it necessarily, but I would be worried about it being too heavy/long to trick.

I haven't skied either ski nearly enough to give much of a comparison. But I can confidently say that a 181cm Jeffrey is going to be a lot more stable than a 176 SFB, but not as much of a tank in tight spaces as a 185 anything at your size. I'm 5'9" 140lbs and ski on bigger skis than most people my size (generally 185-190cm) but a 185 for 5'6" 125lbs might be pushing it.

i understand where youre coming from. Im trying to find some reviews on the 122's but theres not much out there. On top of that I just read the new blister review on the BC, and this writer basically says they suck in anything besides ~20in of fresh (weird because every other review Ive seen before praised them much more)

The 122 is pretty close to the old caylors, check out some reviews to get an idea.

Didn't read the blister review but somehow I doubt that's true about the skis

I'm 5'5" / 150 and really liked the old BC in 183, but would not consider the 178 with all that rocker! I'd go 185!

but like said at this point I'd not consider any size and would get jeffrey 122 181cm in a heartbeat!

There doesn't seem to be much love for the Bent Chetlers around here

185. That ski is pretty easy to toss around. I actually bet the Jeff 181 is more demanding at 125 lbs than the BC.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

In between sizes

Quote Originally Posted by jckstein View Post
    There doesn't seem to be much love for the Bent Chetlers around here
    There's not much love for any "major ski brand" around here. That being said I think the Bent Chetler is a great ski for the right person. Do you have anything else in your quiver or would the bent be your one ski for everything?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    185. That ski is pretty easy to toss around. I actually bet the Jeff 181 is more demanding at 125 lbs than the BC.
    I had a friend try them out today. He traditionally rides a 194, and tried that out in the BC. He told me the ski feels long and heavy and even he was having a hard time moving them around. Other than that he really enjoyed them, but thought it would have been better if he was on the 185. This leads me to think 178 would be best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianskis View Post
    There's not much love for any "major ski brand" around here. That being said I think the Bent Chetler is a great ski for the right person. Do you have anything else in your quiver or would the bent be your one ski for everything?
    Typical. Right now the only other thing in my quiver is my daily driver 176 Sir Francis Bacon. Its been a fun ski, but but ive definitely reached the speed limit at times, and im tired of seeing the friendly neighborhood jerrys rockin them everywhere.