Police shooting of homeless man in Los Angeles

I've looked over this vid a bunch of times now, and I have to reserve judgment because I STILL can't tell what happened. The bystander/cameraman sure says 'fuck' a lot, tho.

The situation could perhaps have been handled differently...but hindsight is great, ain't it?

"The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

It's too bad none of these videos show what happened leading up to this moment.

But, it sounded like he was trying to get one of the officer's guns. And you can also hear a Taser going off during that time.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Remember when Batman would just throw a big net over the bad guy ? Now the cops just stand around you in a semi circle and take turns tazing you while shouting "stop moving" and then tazing you again causing you to involuntarily move. Then they kill you for not obeying their orders.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    But, it sounded like he was trying to get one of the officer's guns.
    Part of the routine.

I posted a video in one of the multiple other Cop Shooting threads of a dash cam showing a guy (black, of course) with his hands up and the cop a good 10-15 feet away yelling "stop trying to take my gun !".

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Part of the routine.

I posted a video in one of the multiple other Cop Shooting threads of a dash cam showing a guy (black, of course) with his hands up and the cop a good 10-15 feet away yelling "stop trying to take my gun !".
    Whoa....seriously???
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Whoa....seriously???
    Yeah, cop knew the video was off on his dash cam, but knew the audio was still working. So he was falsifying the evidence against the guy. However a cop from another jurisdiction rolled up with a functioning dash cam. When the defense sync'd the 2 dash cams together you see what a lying piece of shit the cop is.

Like I said, I already posted it somewhere here on TGR, too lazy to search for it now.