Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    spook Guest

say it ain't so, coach k! say it ain't so!

upon further consideration the dook legal department advises you to say nothing further and perhaps consider retaining private counsel which of course dook donors will provide pro bono.

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article...l#.VPR58puttJ8

go doooooook!

spook Guest
    unrefined, athletic, urban youth just don't always grasp the privilege being bestowed upon them by the more refined, intellectual, white dook community. grant hill understood. what a fine boy he is.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    unrefined, athletic, urban youth just don't always grasp the privilege being bestowed upon them by the more refined, intellectual, white dook community. grant hill understood. what a fine boy he is.
    I've never quite understood the duke haterz (fans of acc opponents aside). It looks like they punted this guy off the team because of serious sexual assault allegations. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

I thought you were a ball-washer for the student-athletes in Eugene? Why waste your energy on hating on duke? Surely Arizona and Utah should have been causing you more angst this year?

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I don't understand
    it's good for a person to know her limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    it's good for a person to know her limitations.
    Kansas and uconn have both won plenty, too. Do you get your panties in a twist over those programs?

Care to explain your thinking?

How is this any kind of a surprise ? If anyone believes in student-athlete fairly tale stop by my house and buy all my kick ass racing skis circa 1993 so you too can ski like Tomba. If you can help a program win they put up with a lot until stuff starts leaking out.

I've never quite understood the duke haterz (fans of acc opponents aside). It looks like they punted this guy off the team because of serious sexual assault allegations. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?
    I take it you don't know too many that went there? If you did, you would understand, If you do, I can't help you. Im in the underlined category, but it translates.

Caveat - Bilas is a tolerable and genuine nice guy
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

Go Duuuuuuuuuuckkkkkks... they managed to one-up Doooook.

Quote Originally Posted by givethepigeye View Post
    Fuck Jay Bilas and his anti-Terps commentary spouting Blue Devil ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Fuck Jay Bilas and his anti-Terps commentary spouting Blue Devil ass...

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Go Duuuuuuuuuuckkkkkks... they managed to one-up Doooook.
    spook doesn't usually bother me and I tend to agree with him a lot of the time, but YEP! They certainly did. Fucking lawyers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by givethepigeye View Post
    I take it you don't know too many that went there? If you did, you would understand, If you do, I can't help you. Im in the underlined category, but it translates.

I'm an Irish-catholic Bostonian by upbringing, so the only folks I know who went there were jocks recruited to flesh out the lax and track and field programs. But I'm familiar with the rep of the student body: it's a bunch of pseudo-wealthy preppie debutante-ball kind of popped-collar southerners, right? From 2000 miles away that's not very different from Uva, chapel hill or ole miss. It's an image, culture, and attitude that I don't like: I just don't see a lot to differentiate those institutions.

Maybe there is a tangible difference if you've got more experience with that part of the world. I have a strong dislike for the southern cal douchebags. Maybe that's analagous?

spook Guest
    pshaw. nobody thinks of anybody at oregon as the moral equivalent of one of our greatest college and Olympic coaches ever.

coach k knew for 9 months. how could you coach k? this is like Riley and the beibers burying the gangbang of a student (OK and a sheep to be fair). will coach k flee for Nebraska next?

spook Guest
    god nuts and slaveowners, can't live them, can't qualify for their rich whitey schools.

I'm an Irish-catholic Bostonian by upbringing, so the only folks I know who went there were jocks recruited to flesh out the lax and track and field programs. But I'm familiar with the rep of the student body: it's a bunch of pseudo-wealthy preppie debutante-ball kind of popped-collar southerners, right? From 2000 miles away that's not very different from Uva, chapel hill or ole miss. It's an image, culture, and attitude that I don't like: I just don't see a lot to differentiate those institutions.

Maybe there is a tangible difference if you've got more experience with that part of the world.
    Yeah - the tangible difference is that Duke, UVA, and UNC are among the top schools in the country. Ole Miss (and pretty much any non-Ivy school in the NE) not so much.

Yeah - the tangible difference is that Duke, UVA, and UNC are among the top schools in the country. Ole Miss (and pretty much any non-Ivy school in the NE) not so much.
    Wait, what? "Pretty much any non-ivy in the NE"? Not MIT, Williams, Amherst, Bowdoin, Middlebury, Tufts, Boston College, Holy Cross, etc. etc etc.?

Not sure what you're saying.
    Last edited by iceman; 03-03-2015 at 10:31 PM.

MIT might as well be Ivy. But, yeah, Tipp's off on that one.

Yeah ok - MIT certainly. But anyhoo:

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...l-universities

Duke (Ranked 8th) is a true University, not a Liberal Arts college like Williams, Amherst, Bowdoin, Holy Cross, and Middlebury. National Universitiy rankings (link above) are: Tufts (27), Boston College (31) ... and those are the private schools.

As far as Public schools go UVA (23) and UNC (30) are in a different class than UMass, UNH, URI, Maine, etc. The only one that's even somewhat close is UConn, and ... not really (58.)

For Public school only rankings UVA is #3 and UNC #5, whereas UConn is 19th (one spot ahead of my Terps. (Wisconsin is 13th.... )

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    MIT might as well be Ivy. But, yeah, Tipp's off on that one.
    In D1 sports Schools - I think not.

BU's football program is undefeated since 1997.

Basically: Fuck you - I wish we were still in the ACC, the best Scholastic + Sports Conference in the country (fuck you PAC10.)

...but I guess the B1G is OK.

Basically: Fuck you - I wish we were still in the ACC, the best Scholastic + Sports Conference in the country (fuck you PAC10.) ...
    pshhh,

how can you even compare the academic standing of ACC with powerhouses like WSU, and of course the AZ and OR schools???

now add the Buffs and the Utes for a slam dunk of middle 50%ile SAT scores bitches!!!

WA (I'm biased)
    Stanford
    Cal

these 3 I'd put up against most of the best of the rest of the country as far as overall academics/sports...

UCLA???
    University for Spoiled Children???

I'd put these 2 as the tops for whiny rich kids...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

School rankings... who gives a shit?

(and I'm saying this as someone who attended the #1 ranked public university in the country - whoopdy doo).

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    BU's football program is undefeated since 1997.

True...ever since Flutie threw that miracle...oh wait...never mind.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.