Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm heading there tomorrow from Summit where they are predicting another foot by Wednesday, but, I doubt that one, the way these forecasts have been skunked.
    Wrong way Benny!

Hi caconcklin! May I suggest that instead of the overrated, overhyped and overpriced Tetons that you "think outside the box" and instead bring your posse to the mountains of the northeast, home of the gnarliest snowriding in the USA? I would proffer that all things considered, it is the clear choice. There is a plethora of cheap lodging options available, unlike in Colorado. The riding is quite challenging partly due to the variable conditions, and you will find that the conditions are actually more dependable and consistent to anything you will find out west due to the superior snowmaking. Also, the culture is superior, the history is rich and the "Norman Rockwell" factor is prevalent everywhere you turn. The terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere!(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") When you score your first Killington powder day in "Bearclaw Woods", you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you!. You also will have fun pursuing the plethora of hot NYC/NJ and Boston "chicas" in their stretch pants, but I must warn you they are quite feisty and outspoken, unlike the laid-back western gals.
    I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots , TTip-ers, NewSchoolers, Epicureans, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Maybe just grow a pair?

Killing it with the 3-5 year old crowd!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I'm heading there tomorrow from Summit where they are predicting another foot by Wednesday, but, I doubt that one, the way these forecasts have been skunked.
    hahahaha, you've been in the land of no love from SW storms.. keep crying.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    This. The no love from SW storms has created some of the most heinous icy crusts I've ever skied at the village. That being said I'm pretty sure that the black diamonds at Vail wouldn't be considered a blue square by JH standards.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi caconcklin! May I suggest that instead of the overrated, overhyped and overpriced Tetons that you "think outside the box" and instead bring your posse to the mountains of the northeast, home of the gnarliest snowriding in the USA? I would proffer that all things considered, it is the clear choice. There is a plethora of cheap lodging options available, unlike in Colorado. The riding is quite challenging partly due to the variable conditions, and you will find that the conditions are actually more dependable and consistent to anything you will find out west due to the superior snowmaking. Also, the culture is superior, the history is rich and the "Norman Rockwell" factor is prevalent everywhere you turn. The terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere!(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") When you score your first Killington powder day in "Bearclaw Woods", you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you!. You also will have fun pursuing the plethora of hot NYC/NJ and Boston "chicas" in their stretch pants, but I must warn you they are quite feisty and outspoken, unlike the laid-back western gals.
    I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots , TTip-ers, NewSchoolers, Epicureans, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    ^ dude's posts are worse dan dem hackers from Mumbai

This doesn't convince them?

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

hookers and blow

This should be in the best gaper quoted thread
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Benny leaves the east coast and we have the best year in decades...

Benny arrives out west and it's the worst year in decades. Coincidence?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

What more needs to be said...

If they still don't want to go they are pussies.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post

Not anymore...

We probably won't 'catch up' but we're not that far off.. not as bad as some other recent years at least.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    What more needs to be said...

Tell them it's just like Chamonix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Jackson is real dope, probably the dopest in the lower 48

shit isnt that much steeper or more burly than lots of other places. sure the ABC chutes are very steep...but almost nobody skis them

crystal mountain is very steep and has some scary lines, it is even bigger than JHMR

whistler has way steeper and way scarier shit than JHMR

the tree skiing in tahoe is way better

all that being true (inbounds), if you dont go to jackson hole you are a chump
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

The West is a big place. It's merely been mediocre in Colorado, nowhere near the worst year in decades.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah, I know.

Was just taking creative liberty. Please play along with the Benny bashing...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    Lift tickets are only like $120 instead of $160 and i'm pretty sure the parking is free.
    Nope, 10 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Nope, 10 bucks
    Yea, if you ski 176 days this year and you have a season pass.
    Student pass pay maybe?

You have greater intel?

Unless you know something extra ordinary, getting a seriously discounted JHMR day pass is almost as tough a discounted Steamboat pass.
    ​I am not in your hurry

I think he was saying $10 fot parking.

However, there is free parking at JHMR if you have 3 in your car.

Dude, really. Get real. Four inches of dust on crust out here is way better than your scrubby little mountains back there.

And it's actually been a pretty good year in this part of Colorado. Not epic, but not bad. And March has just begun.

Btw, it's snowing here at Jackson. Few hundred feet from the tram. Nana nana.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Jackson is real dope, probably the dopest in the lower 48

shit isnt that much steeper or more burly than lots of other places. sure the ABC chutes are very steep...but almost nobody skis them

crystal mountain is very steep and has some scary lines, it is even bigger than JHMR

whistler has way steeper and way scarier shit than JHMR

the tree skiing in tahoe is way better

all that being true (inbounds), if you dont go to jackson hole you are a chump
    I heart you

Dude, really. Get real. Four inches of dust on crust out here is way better than your scrubby little mountains back there.

And it's actually been a pretty good year in this part of Colorado. Not epic, but not bad. And March has just begun.

Btw, it's snowing here at Jackson. Few hundred feet from the tram. Nana nana.
    Unfortunately, probably gonna be a variation on dust on crust.

Quote Originally Posted by Coño Frío View Post
    ^ dude's posts are worse dan dem hackers from Mumbai

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi caconcklin! May I suggest that instead of the overrated, overhyped and overpriced Tetons that you "think outside the box" and instead bring your posse to the mountains of the northeast, home of the gnarliest snowriding in the USA? I would proffer that all things considered, it is the clear choice.
    His post is right up there with male enhancer spam.

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    4K feet of spectacular dust on crust right now without having to spend an hour getting to the Back Bowls.

Distance from Metro Denver & associated crowds.

Cowboys 'n shit.

Vail doesn't have a corbets: http://www.tetongravity.com/story/sk...orbets-couloir

TGR doesn't film at Vail.

Confusing handshake prerogatives.

Better place to GoPro.
    Corb's is a joke lol. Of all the out-of-control lines on JH Corb's is one worth skipping., More often than not its a 20' drop into some beginner from Vails hot tub hole who just accomplished his dream of being an extreme skiier.
    Last edited by Deebased; 03-03-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Corb's is a joke lol. Of all the out-of-control lines on JH Corb's is one worth skipping., More often than not its a 20' drop into some beginner's hot tub hole.
    tell us more... you must ski S&S all dee time, huh?

how is it a joke if its a 20' drop (which it never is)
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000