Scarpa TX PRO TLT TECH BINDING PERFORMANCE?

Hi Folks

Has anyone skied the Scarpa TX PRO in a TLT/Dynafit binding (or similar type bellowed boot)? How does the boot perform? Are lighter skies preferable? Thinking of buying a TLT setup to match my tech fittings on the Scarpa... the boot is crazy comfortable (and fun in NTN mode) but I was wondering how these things perform in backcountry conditions with the heel fixed.

Many thanks!!!

Andres

1. Skies is the plural form of plural of sky. The plural form of ski is skis.

2. Install a block on your skis under the boot belows to prevent the bellows from collapsing while skiing (or, in your case, skying)

3. TX Pro should ski fine with said block but it is a clunky limited ROM boot in tour/walk mode compared to modern lightweight AT boots.

What Steve said. I do it all the time. It works fine as long as you have a puck under the bellows to prevent them from flexing in the downhill mode. If you like the TX Pro for NTN you'll like it in a tech binding.

Thanks! Look forward to"skying" this year on a pair of Dynafit Grand Tetons...

I used it for a bit- with the scarpa puck- and found that once I started flexing the boot, the bellows would start collapsing. That made it a VERY soft boot for me- softer than and older Scarpa Denali. And softer than it felt in an NTN binding.

But, I really like the boot as an overall backcountry boot. I prefer skinning, booting, and using ski crampons with a bellowed boot. If I had stuck with NTN, I probably would have kept it as a tech boot and lived with the actual downhill compromises because I like a lot of the other aspects of the boot.

Don't ski anything consequential without a shim unless you are a waif. A lot of people make their own shim. Everything I tried other than the Scarpa puck caused me to launch headfirst out of the binding.

Did it for about five years. Glad I went back to a traditional AT boot for AT skiing. It's not ideal but it can get you by. I didn't think the boot felt as stiff as softer traditional AT boots even with the puck. My toes would pinch on the high climbing post after the bellows broke in. If I could only have one boot for both, I'd do it again but I don't only have to have one pair of boots.