Marker Griffon Heel Plate adjustment

I'm hoping to pick up a set of skis off craigslist this evening that are mounted with Griffons for a 335 BSL. I have a 315 BSL so I'm 99% sure they aren't going to adjust for me unless they were actually mounted for a BSL smaller than 335 in the first place. I was looking at pics of the plate the heel piece adjusts on and was wondering if it's possible to flip it 180 degrees to accommodate a significantly smaller BSL than the mount was intended for?

FWIW I took a binding freedom template and measured the hole spacing and at least from that perspective flipping the plate shouldn't cause any issues, but I didn't know if the heel adjustment would function properly if the plate was flipped. I know I can remount the track if necessary but I was hoping to avoid putting an extra set of holes in the skis if possible.

Pic of heel plate for reference:

Sorry no. The heel piece slides on the track only from one side. The front as I remember.

No, you can't flip the heel plate that way. The heel piece could then only be backwards. Just remount the heel piece 20mm forward. You could also remount the toe pieces back 2cm or so, and reuse the back 2 holes for each toe piece (will now be the front two holes. Basically you would then only have to drill 4 holes total for both skis

Gotcha, thanks. I don't have anything in hand at the moment so I couldn't confirm what sounds like an obvious problem. Hopefully it'll adjust but remounting just the toe or heel should be pretty quick.

Or buy a demo heel plate..... Same hole pattern

Even better, whatever BSL the bindings were actually mounted for, they were able to adjust down to 315 no problem.

Make sure you have at least two of the 3 worm screw sections fully "seated" on the heel track. I wouldn't ski on them if it's only 1. How many clicks forward does the heel have before it is free to slide forward off the track?

Thanks, I'll double check that. Visually it doesn't look like its near the end of adjustment but I don't usually ski griffons so what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
    Or buy a demo heel plate..... Same hole pattern
    Oh yeah, good luck with that. Tried 3 shops, no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Oh yeah, good luck with that. Tried 3 shops, no dice.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARKER-SQUIR...item3cde8bbdb6

Good find

Nice! Now find me some toes for demos.

How does the on snow feel of the demos compare to regular jesters? Were there issues with pre-releasing and slop (more so than the normal bindings)?

Indistinguishable. Heel is essentially identical, the only difference is a longer track plate. The toe is then on a similar plate. The interface between the binding and these plates can have a tiny bit of slop, but this is the same as the regular jester/griffon heel on the same plate.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Nice! Now find me some toes for demos.
    If that's what you want, just go buy a whole pair of demos.

The advantage of swapping the heel tracks is that you don't have to remount.

Ha! I have 5 pairs. If I could find the plates I could have 2 pairs.......