Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Perfect Pow Jibber Ski Thoughts

Thoughts on your favorite fun powder ski?

Something more playful, like Richard Parmin in the resort segment in Days of My Youth, Nick Mcnut in his segment from Almost Ablaze, Markus Eder in Days of My Youth, or Pep Fujas in his miniclip where Sage follows him at Alta.

mid-waisted Fatties:
    K2 Shreditor - 112cm
    ON3P Jeffrey - 114cm
    ON3P Billygoat - 116cm
    Volkl One - 116cm

Fatty-Fatties:
    Line Mr. Pollard's Opus - 118cm
    Atomic Bent Chetler - 120cm
    Volkl Two - 124cm

In these sizes, I've previously had the Armada JJ (loved it - super playful) and the Line Prophet 115 (loved it - not as playful).

Thoughts?

^lol

Not super fat but I would say the Icelantic Nomad RKR, is for sure a fun powder freestyle ski

Fatty: ON3P Pillowfight
    Mid: Kästle XX110

They are the highlights of my quiver. The XX is versatile enough to enjoyably daily ski. The Pillowfight is versatile enough for resort powder use, but isnt ideal for days without snow.

Quote Originally Posted by fantorama View Post
    Thoughts on your favorite fun powder ski?

Something more playful, like Richard Permin in the resort segment in Days of My Youth, Nick Mcnut in his segment from Almost Ablaze, Markus Eder in Days of My Youth, or Pep Fujas in his miniclip where Sage follows him at Alta.

mid-waisted Fatties:
    K2 Shreditor - 112cm
    ON3P Jeffrey - 114cm
    ON3P Billygoat - 116cm -Not a jib ski whatsoever
    Volkl One - 116cm

Fatty-Fatties:
    ON3P Jeffrey - 122cm
    Line Mr. Pollard's Opus - 118cm
    Atomic Bent Chetler - 120cm
    Volkl Two - 124cm

In these sizes, I've previously had the Armada JJ (loved it - super playful) and the Line Prophet 115 (loved it - not as playful).

Thoughts?
    My edits in red.

And don't listen to TexasGortex. He can't choose a proper ski for what he wants to save his life. Not to mention his suggestion is no longer in production
    Training for Alpental

K2 Shredditor 112 - soft, easy to over power, still the best ski that K2 makes.
    ON3P Jeffrey 114 - stable through crap, still quick and smeary, with plenty of pop; the magic of bamboo - you should probably get this one, plus super durable
    ON3P BG - great if you don't care about going switch. Skied more forward than any of the others you mention.
    Volkl One - really crappy ski, would not even consider.
    Blizzard Gunsmoke - locked in, very precise ski, still able to smear and pop. Again, bamboo magic, plus blizzard magic.

Volkl two is a great ski but it is more like a tank than jibby. All the others I thought would not work as well for what you want compared to the ones above.

Opus for sure. rode them bluebird groomers to deep japow. Can feel a lil fat at times buttering around, but never in the air. very versatile. killer deals to be had right now too. Might consider waiting for the new mordecai

Moment Ghost Train or Night Train. Check out the 3 Blister reviews on the Night Trains, they are extremely thorough and insightful.

I'd second ON3P jeffrey- 114 or 122 depending on how wide you want. Old caylor would fit the bill too

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    My edits in red.

And don't listen to TexasGortex. He can't choose a proper ski for what he wants to save his life. Not to mention his suggestion is no longer in production
    Dude you fucking rip! seriously sick skiing.

Perfect Pow Jibber Ski Thoughts

Caylor or Jeff 122. BG is incredible, but it's not jibby.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

4FRNT YLE is hands down my favorite fatty jib ski ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    Dude you fucking rip! seriously sick skiing.
    Oh. That's not me...sorry I meant I edited his post with my comments. The skier in that edit is Sander Hadley. Look him up because he's a fucking boss.
    Training for Alpental

Gypsy??
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Thanks for the replies. I'm surprised to hear negative feedback on the volkl ones. Any specific comments on the Atomic Bent Chetlers?

Fyi. I rediscovered Nick McNutt's co-lab edit.... Drool...

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Oh. That's not me...sorry I meant I edited his post with my comments. The skier in that edit is Sander Hadley. Look him up because he's a fucking boss.
    I KNEW! Booger couldn't ski that well.
    You had me going though.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

bent chetler is awesome...original and new one, what else is there to say, it's a great jibby pow ski, as fun of a ski as there is, the 192 from last year was one of my favs, i just went to a spur because i wanted something different. spur, kuro, bc, some of my favorites ever
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

If you enjoyed the JJ, maybe consider the Magic J or Norwalk... Or even Bubba/ARG for super deep.

I have been and will be a stiff chargy kind of ski profile fan... One day I was bored and there was a demo day and for shits and grins I took out a handful of skis I thought I would never be caught dead on... The short of it is I absolutely fell in love with Mr Pollards Opus and ordered a 192 that day... The ski was fun as hell on soft groomers, POW and let's me ski trees all day with ease... The Atomic BC was also great, but I will never part with my Opus's...

Would love to hear some more on new Atomic BC vs Jeffrey 122. Maybe throw the Opus in there too? Really interested in picking up one of these three soon.

I just bought the Opus 185 cm. Excited to get them soon, thanks for feedback...

Expect some Blizzard Cochise 185 cm for sale sometime soon

Quote Originally Posted by fantorama View Post
    I just bought the Opus 185 cm. Excited to get them soon, thanks for feedback...

Expect some Blizzard Cochise 185 cm for sale sometime soon
    What year Cochise?
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Hands down, the Pollard Opus.

I've owned them for a few years now and absolutely love them. I wanted to get a new ski this year and after hearing all the positive reviews about the Bent Chetler, I decided to buy a pair in 192 and give 'em a try. Finally got 'em out yesterday, we finally got some snow in Ut! Instantly I was not a fan. I didn't hate them but I found that they take a lot more effort than the Opus. I also did not find them playful at all.

I skied the Opus again today, mostly sidecountry, so still fresh, and it was an instant confirmation. They are so effortless to ski and so playful but can still charge when needed. Personally I would consider the Bents as more of a 'charger' ski.

Now I'm thinking of selling the Bents and trying the Magnum Opus.

I'd definitely leave the billy goat off of the jibby list. After skiing my kartel 106 for a couple of months I now want a Jeff 122 to complement them in pow. I can imagine them being super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by factive View Post
    Hands down, the Pollard Opus.

I've owned them for a few years now and absolutely love them. I wanted to get a new ski this year and after hearing all the positive reviews about the Bent Chetler, I decided to buy a pair in 192 and give 'em a try. Finally got 'em out yesterday, we finally got some snow in Ut! Instantly I was not a fan. I didn't hate them but I found that they take a lot more effort than the Opus. I also did not find them playful at all.

I skied the Opus again today, mostly sidecountry, so still fresh, and it was an instant confirmation. They are so effortless to ski and so playful but can still charge when needed. Personally I would consider the Bents as more of a 'charger' ski.

Now I'm thinking of selling the Bents and trying the Magnum Opus.
    perhaps the 185 Bents would have been a better comparison to the Opus? I hear they ski long cuz of their weight and what not.

the 192 bents for me, were like skiing 184s, those things ski so short, which is not bad, and while they're not noodles by any means never heard them called chargers, literally ever.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.