Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Just finishing up a great week here. We had tough conditions this week with the big wind storm but we flew 4 days this week and snow conditions we trying to say the least but we still found good riding. Currently dumping here at base with a solid 6 inches over night and still coming down. The zone needed the reset big time after the winds that we had here. Here is a couple photos from Mr. Parks and his family this week. Its always a lot of fun taking folks in a sit ski into the mountains and proving to them that they are just another group in the field.

^^^ That's fucking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Goin big in AK nice
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    ^^^ That's fucking awesome.
    agreed.

the rest of it looks awesome too.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

End of week 3 here today. It was a great week with new snow on the ground this AM. Inbound guests should be fired up as we have a foot or more of new snow and a full reset in the zone. Here are a few more photos from this past week.

Good shot of Toon Town and Pontoon from yesterday

One word for the conditions yesterday....BLOWER!!! Currently snowing in the zone this AM.

St. Patrick's Day delivered in the Chugach. Thanks to Kevin Quinn and Alz for the perfect day. It may not be winter in Anchorage but it is winter in the zone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_N_DxFLlTQ
    live the life.

What an epic St Patty's day here at PNH....The Chugach does not get any better!

Quote Originally Posted by maskinut View Post
    St. Patrick's Day delivered in the Chugach. Thanks to Kevin Quinn and Alz for the perfect day. It may not be winter in Anchorage but it is winter in the zone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_N_DxFLlTQ
    so deep put her ass to sleep

Looks good.

But it blows my mind that people travel all that way and drop that kind of cash just to ski back and forth across others' tracks.

All I know is you've got several of the best guides. Few people I would trust my life to but Jason and Nate are Golden. Hear your new cook isn't bad either. He might be too tall for normal countertops though. Hope everyone has a kickass & safe season.

signed,
    PNH'er from very first season and lucky return visitor.

Please continue kicking ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'm the most extreme skier in my office. I'll see your III and raise you one level of radness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Looks good.

But it blows my mind that people travel all that way and drop that kind of cash just to ski back and forth across others' tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by PointsNorth View Post

^^^ nice farming there though.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Hard to think that we are almost half way through the season. Conditions continue to be superb as we start into our 5th week today. Big blue forecast for the week ahead. Here are a couple photos from yesterday and this past week...

I think Helicopters are really the only way to get that kind of quality skiing this year. Flying into ANC the other day it looked like early November or late April, but with light. Although zones above 3000' looked pretty stacked. Good year to be injured I guess.

Has Eyak been able to run the lift at all this year? Saw they were running the rope tow for a little bit...
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Eyak has only had the rope tow this year unfortunately for the locals here. True bummer on the snow pack down low statewide. Above 2500' however the mountains are stacked. Its a very normal to above normal year for coverage depending on what micro climate your operating in...

The epic season continues with the stoke meter blowing all gaskets. Last night after the big day with all 53 guests in the zone we took our entire guide team to the top of Pontoon for a mandatory guide meeting and team building session. You could say conditions were all time (seriously) and the stoke here is beyond high. The idea of having 16 people on top of that mighty beast was not something we encourage but given it was our entire guide staff, it was pretty damn cool having all of us stand on top of the Chugach together. All time is an understatement!!! Here are some photos from yesterday and last nights mayhem…Will go out on a limb and claim that this had to be a first ever with 14 guides from the same op on top of Pontoon!

Quote Originally Posted by PointsNorth View Post
    The epic season continues with the stoke meter blowing all gaskets. Last night after the big day with all 53 guests in the zone we took our entire guide team to the top of Pontoon for a mandatory guide meeting and team building session. You could say conditions were all time (seriously) and the stoke here is beyond high. The idea of having 16 people on top of that mighty beast was not something we encourage but given it was our entire guide staff, it was pretty damn cool having all of us stand on top of the Chugach together. All time is an understatement!!! Here are some photos from yesterday and last nights mayhem…Will go out on a limb and claim that this had to be a first ever with 14 guides from the same op on top of Pontoon! [/URL]
    I'm pretty sure that you are safe with your claim. It looks like the snow on Pontoon was quite good. Do you know if anyone has skied Meteorite yet this season?
    "I just want to thank everyone who made this day necessary." -Yogi Berra

nope

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    I think Helicopters are really the only way to get that kind of quality skiing this year. Flying into ANC the other day it looked like early November or late April, but with light. Although zones above 3000' looked pretty stacked. Good year to be injured I guess.
    Or sleds or feet. Like Quinn said, its thin down low. But, that's not where the good terrain is anyways.

That being said, with the high snowline I'm very glad I don't live in Cordova anymore. If I had a plane I'd feel differently.

Dumping here yesterday and today. Report from our tour camp base at 4000' is over 2 plus feet of new snow! Looks like weather should start to break over the weekend. Should be real good!

A few pics from this week…

End of week 5, starting week 6 today…Its been a very good run, …so far… Here are a few more photos and a cool video using a drone in the zone

Cool day at the glacier yesterday. Report from our tour camp is about 3 1/2 feet of new snow over the past couple days. Today the weather is breaking up. No lie here, this weeks forecast is a tough one. Launching groups into the field now as it looks to be clearing…Photos from the glacier yesterday…