Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    Phil, what was your take on 14 vs 15 shell? I need the instep size and yet was able to size down to a 25.5 in the 13/14. Liking a bunch so far.
    Instep volume?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Phil is in an LV I believe. The LV is comparable to the r9.8 from the last few years. The new MV is comparable to the 14/15 Mach.

The LV and MV are two completely different molds.

Wasatchback. Can only 1 or can both of the back "bolts" be removed from the back spine of the boot to adjust (soften) forward flex? Thanks.

^^^^^yes, i had only the top one removed to increase flex by approx 10%.....the lower one they told me would be about 5%. filled in with a plug. i have the LV 130 FWIW

I would never remove both bolts. You're then simply relying on the binding of the plastic to manage the flex. You can remove one or the other no problem. The cuffs are easily removable on the 130-100 flex models in both volumes.

For any of those who have ridden in the Tecnica R9.8/Inferno 130, the Technica Mach1 130 LV and by chance the Nordica Patron Pro (wasatchback?/phil flexon?), I have a question. I am currently using some used Inferno 130s and am looking to get an updated version of my current boot. I tried on the Patron Pro and realize it is almost the identical boot to all the aforementioned boots (same liner as inferno/R9.8), minus a few tweaks here in there. I am looking for some guidance/advice as to whether to wait and get the Mach1 130, or to just jump on the Patron Pro. I know the Patron pro has more cushioning for off piste skiing which is attractive for me and my skiing tendencies, I am wondering if the Mach1 is worth it to wait for the rubber boot soles and CAS liner, and would it provide the same or better cushioning as the Patron Pro.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    For any of those who have ridden in the Tecnica R9.8/Inferno 130, the Technica Mach1 130 LV and by chance the Nordica Patron Pro (wasatchback?/phil flexon?), I have a question. I am currently using some used Inferno 130s and am looking to get an updated version of my current boot. I tried on the Patron Pro and realize it is almost the identical boot to all the aforementioned boots (same liner as inferno/R9.8), minus a few tweaks here in there. I am looking for some guidance/advice as to whether to wait and get the Mach1 130, or to just jump on the Patron Pro. I know the Patron pro has more cushioning for off piste skiing which is attractive for me and my skiing tendencies, I am wondering if the Mach1 is worth it to wait for the rubber boot soles and CAS liner, and would it provide the same or better cushioning as the Patron Pro.

Thanks!
    Well, the two boots I skied before the Mach 1 130 LV were the Patron Pro and the R9.8 130 so i do have a solid point of reference. I will qualify that I was skiing both boots with a (Head) lace up liner but I did start skiing the boots with the stock liners. The liner is where I see Tecnica has made huge strides, the C.A.S. liner is exceptional and I will say is very well one of the best stock liners that will be offered for next season. With about 15 days in these the have not packed out one bit and holding their shape well with solid heel hold for my very narrow foot.
    The shell shape does offer a but more toe room with it's squarer toe box than the other two boots. I did have to flatten the zipper to reduce room over the instep and to accommodate my custom footbed. The stance feels a bit more upright than previous 9.8. The ability to change toe and heel strikes is huge along with the ability to cant in between the soles and the shell with cantology strips a la Lange should be an industry standard.

I cannot say if the Mach1 will be a better fit for your foot but will say the design and construction is far better than the pervious generations of these boots.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Thanks for the response, that helps a ton. Now if only I can find this boot in my area before september!

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Phil is in an LV I believe. The LV is comparable to the r9.8 from the last few years. The new MV is comparable to the 14/15 Mach.

The LV and MV are two completely different molds.
    Does the 15/16 MV have a pre-installed shim on the bootboard for instep adjustment like the 14/15? I have a high-instep so I was going to get the 14/15 and remove the shim for my instep and run a superfeet insole instead of the stock insole. Only the 130 has a revised/improved CAS liner but the 100 and 120 is the same as last year, correct? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ABBF
    The Mach1 has a bootboard shim pre-installed; it can be removed to increase shell volume and accommodate a very thick or high-arched foot.

Quote Originally Posted by syadasti View Post
    Does the 15/16 MV have a pre-installed shim on the bootboard for instep adjustment like the 14/15? I have a high-instep so I was going to get the 14/15 and remove the shim for my instep and run a superfeet insole instead of the stock insole. Only the 130 has a revised/improved CAS liner but the 100 and 120 is the same as last year, correct? Thanks!
    The MV is a completely new boot from the current Mach1. I don't remeber seeing a shim in it, you can grind the boot board though.

The new 100 and 120 will be totally new boots as well, and thus new liners. I have not seen the 100 or 120 in the flesh however, so I can't give any details to the amount of CAS foam in them.

I'm looking for a 26.5 LV - anyone know where I might get a pair? Our season (southern hemisphere) starting soon.

Does anyone know if the lower shell has recommended cut lines to soften the flex. I know the top bolt can be removed, I'm a light weight, but wanted the upgraded linear and the cam locking power strap and the 110' & 120's for what ever reason did not fit like the LV130's. I'm in the LV130's.

Quote Originally Posted by blur View Post
    Does anyone know if the lower shell has recommended cut lines to soften the flex. I know the top bolt can be removed, I'm a light weight, but wanted the upgraded linear and the cam locking power strap and the 110' & 120's for what ever reason did not fit like the LV130's. I'm in the LV130's.
    The Mach does not have any "scribed" lines but that does not mean you cannot cut the saddles. One of the beauties of this design is how easy the boot was designed to work on, all the parts are on with screw and not rivets so taking the cuff off and cut the saddles is very easy and a better way to soften the boot verse taking the screws out of the back which can compromise lateral integrity and performance.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Thanks for the info.

Tecnica Mach1 130 LV 2016

Managed to locate a set at SkiMonster in Boston.

I need to call them out for great service and delivery and I'm now set to kick off the Australian winter. Substantially narrower than my previous Icon Carbons, an excellent slim fit and considerably lighter at 4.57kg vs 5.18kg per pair.

Liner cooking happening tomorrow

I've got a pair too. Nice that the BSL drops to 305 in a 26.5 this season. Instep a little taller than my RS 130 or LV Pinnacles, similar to X Max. New polyether plastic punches really well and doesn't get tacky when hot like the Triax boots. I'm able to squeeze my 103mm foot into the LV with all the buckles maxed out. Heel and midfoot seem a little snugger than the 98mm Cochise (and old Mach) lasts.

Anyone see the catalog and see the Mach1 R 130 boot in the Race section? Comparing the two they seem to be the exact same boot, with the race having a murdered out black, would definitely get those over the orange lowers if they are. Anyone know otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    Anyone see the catalog and see the Mach1 R 130 boot in the Race section? Comparing the two they seem to be the exact same boot, with the race having a murdered out black, would definitely get those over the orange lowers if they are. Anyone know otherwise?
    I could be wrong but pretty sure the Mach 1 r130 is the same as the regular Mach 1 130 just in a euro graphic. The Mach 1 r130 boot does not appear in the U.S. Catalog.

Right, I was on the Canada site, it must be the international catalog.

Got a week of skiing on my 15/16 Mach 1 130 MV a few weeks ago in NZ...

My initial impression was that the last felt quite larger than my 100mm last Demon 130. However, they could have just needed their first exposure to cold air to tightened up. I'm not going for the race room fit however, I'm trying to ski in boots that perform well but keep my feet happy...

I love the new cuff strap....its pretty easy to tighten and keep a tight fit. At first I was a bit hesitant on it but that went away after day one.

Overall, the boot feels a tad lighter (which is a good thing) than all my other 'just below race boot' Tecnicas. From the Demon 130 to Dragon Slayer 120 to Icon series to the Explosion 8's...hot damn I'm dating myself. The boot feels extremely responsive and holds an edge just as expected. Stoked for sure. Long live the orange.

Anyone know if the swappable din and dynafit soles of the coshise series will bolt onto the Mach 1 130's?

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhucker View Post
    Anyone know if the swappable din and dynafit soles of the coshise series will bolt onto the Mach 1 130's?
    They won't.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    They won't.
    I am talking about the 2015-2016 model referred to in this thread . . .

Proof as the soles won't swap...(I'm a bit bummed about the new Mach 1 having these little toe and heel pads...I liked the bulky yet durable soles of the the Demon 130/Cochise line

14/15 Cochise Alpine Light

15/16 Mach 1 130 MV

Sure the replaceable blocks are nice, but the tread on the new ones is still replaceable and the improvement in snow feel and lateral transfer is pretty drastic.