Audiobook recco?

I finished the Odd Thomas series, the Dark Tower series and the Aubrey-Maturin series (the best). I have no idea what to listen to now! What say the maggots?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Have you read (or listened to, I guess) Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell? That's probably the best book I've read in the past couple years.

Audiobook recco?

Negative, I'll check it out. Usually I listen to books bike riding and skiing and pretty much everything else but I ran out of good books so I've been riding the bike listening to dharma talks, I'm faster uphill but on some level I'm too engaged.

It's pretty long, too, so will keep you occupied for a while.

Good for really long roadtrips: Life by Keith Richards. I've only made it through about 7 hours so far but it has been entertaining and educational up to this point.

Yes, Life is awesome.

I just listened to two Philip Roth novels, The Plot Against America and American Pastoral. Both read by Ron Silver, who does the Jewish dialog very well. Both a fantastic look into American culture and history mid to late century as told from a secular Jewish POV.

Thanks. I started Darkly Dreaming Dexter. It's pretty good but having seen the show might have ruined it, not sure yet.