Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Continental was very good? Have to disagree there. Old planes, battle axes for flight attendants, average service, etc. plus their hub was Cleveland. All the domestic carriers are more or less equal IMO.

Personally I don't dig SW. No seat assignments just encourages a complete shitshow. With status on delta and Alaska the free bag thing on SW is worthless to me, and even if not I'd avoid SW due to the no assigned seat sheeit.

Low expectations is key and also keep things in perspective, you're travelling a great distance pretty quickly, often relatively cheaply. That said sitting mid in econ on a red eye is tough to sign up for.
    They had food in last class on even <3 hour flights, and reasonable legroom. By themselves, those are huge plusses. Now, holy shit, no legroom (but Untied did give me Comp sliver for some reason) so I get the slightly better seats.

Nothing, but nothing compares to USScare / American though. Even the "economy comfort" seats have yopur knees in your chin. What a shit airline that is.

The Southwest seating thing isn't bad if you're on their "A-list" frequent flyer deal but if you're back with the B's and C's, yeah fuck that.

I just pay the extra $25 for early check-in.

I fly Delta a bunch and have yet to have an issue. Southwest too but to a lesser extent.

Granted having direct flights everywhere and the worlds busiest airport as my home port help a lot. Door to door ATL-EGE in under 4 hours rocks.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I fly Delta a bunch and have yet to have an issue. Southwest too but to a lesser extent.

Granted having direct flights everywhere and the worlds busiest airport as my home port help a lot. Door to door ATL-EGE in under 4 hours rocks.
    I've never had a bad experience with delta other than on super hairy landing at LAX, but, that wasn't the airlines fault, the airport closed due to really high winds after we landed. Delta first class is the best thing I've flown short of private.

Honestly never had a bad frontier flight, though I have heard and read a lot of bad things and the Airbus they use is not the best plane in the world.
    Sent via care package with protective strafe run

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    non revin sucks now
    QFT, brother. Q F T

Quote Originally Posted by kingsskier View Post
    I've never had a bad experience with delta other than on super hairy landing at LAX, but, that wasn't the airlines fault, the airport closed due to really high winds after we landed. Delta first class is the best thing I've flown short of private.

Honestly never had a bad frontier flight, though I have heard and read a lot of bad things and the Airbus they use is not the best plane in the world.
    See I think Delta first class is sorta bullshit...at least domestically...sure bigger seat, more legroom, but getting rawktails is like pulling teeth.

Frontier was ok...until they became ultra low fare...unless you're into that shit. I don't want to deal with it personally so I avoid those sorts of airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by bite me View Post
    They had food in last class on even <3 hour flights, and reasonable legroom. By themselves, those are huge plusses. Now, holy shit, no legroom (but Untied did give me Comp sliver for some reason) so I get the slightly better seats.

Nothing, but nothing compares to USScare / American though. Even the "economy comfort" seats have yopur knees in your chin. What a shit airline that is.
    I forgot about the free airline food on Continental...I guess that is a plus...although generally I'd pass on that anyhow. I echo your opinion of AA/USAir...so bad.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Has anyone ever taken a decent flight on any airline?

See I think Delta first class is sorta bullshit...at least domestically...sure bigger seat, more legroom, but getting rawktails is like pulling teeth.
    I am really tall so the leg room matters to me. But, priority security and boarding is a plus. The free meal options have all been good and free drinks. It's nothing like an international first class, but the fares arent either and you don't need that sort of luxury flying 4 hours imo.
    Last edited by kingsskier; 02-12-2015 at 11:43 AM.
    Sent via care package with protective strafe run

I can't remember the last time I ate on a plane. Food in the airports is so much better. Flying back from Iceland on Tuesday I had an amazing sandwich just before boarding - Smoked Dill-cured Salmon, Egg, melted Baby Swiss, and Cottage cheese on a rye sourdough roll. Delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    And I avoid Jersey like the plague.
    FIFY, although last Dec they did have the longest and yet fastest security line I have ever been in, I kinda felt like I could have brought a sword through and they wouldn't have blinked.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    So long as TSA acts as though they are the Gestapo, every flight will start off sucking.

That said, I travel an obscene amount and have had pretty good luck with Alaska and Southwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Food in the airports is so much better.
    Airports are reinventing themselves as shopping malls. The list of amenities at the first airport I worked at began and ended with a cafeteria - the slide your tray down variety. Now they have Apple stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani_UT View Post
    I'd rather be miserable for 12 hours (which I am not thanks to being short)
    Every time I board a plane I am so fucking happy to be 5-6.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsskier View Post
    I am really tall so the leg room matters to me. But, priority security and boarding is a plus. The free meal options have all been good and free drinks. It's nothing like an international first class, but the fares are either and you don't need that sort of luxury flying 4 hours imo.
    Dude, that does make a difference then. I'm only 6'0" so not a big deal if I'm stuck in econ...saw a 7'er crammed in economy while a kid was in 1st class...felt for the dude...just spilling out in the isle and looked like he was in serious pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kied View Post
    So long as TSA acts as though they are the Gestapo, every flight will start off sucking.

Truth. Lets give a bunch of underqualified GED dropouts a little sphere of power and let them wield it depending upon how low their blood sugar level is that day.

FUCK the TSA, what a bunch of false security doled out by dopes.

On a trip to Chicago last year I was bringing back a Christmas present that was wrapped in my bag. My bad, I know. So I said lets open it carefully so I can re-wrap it. Nope, Tanisha tore into that shit like it was her present and her friend even stopped screening passengers so she could see what was in it. It was a 3oz Hermes perfume my sister wanted and upon seeing it they nearly tripped over themselves saying, "YOU CAN'T TAKE THIS ON, IT'S TOO LATE TO CHECK IT!" As the second TSA agent says out loud "dibs"!

I told these two hacks that it was 3oz and sealed. They tossed it into a bin along with the shredded wrapping paper and moved onto the next mark.

I wonder how much shit agents like this enjoy taking home as their own each year.

Truth. Lets give a bunch of underqualified GED dropouts a little sphere of power and let them wield it depending upon how low their blood sugar level is that day.
    Sounds like the description of most local police forces.

Sounds like the description of most local police forces.
    Except I'm not forced to have an interaction with every small town Rambo cop as I pass through their burg.

Except I'm not forced to have an interaction with every small town Rambo cop as I pass through their burg.
    True dat.

Only because you don't fit the profile.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    The security line should just be designated like ski runs. Green Circle for first time flyers or foreigners who don't speak the language. Blue square for seasoned travelers w/ kids or who wear a lot of jewelry. Black diamond for weekly commuters who know the changing routines. Double black for the people wearing pajamas, slippers, and no carry on.
    It is at bigger airports. Or it was.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

No one is staring at her ass.

back in the day IBM would give you cash advances for travel SO taking the lead from HST I would put all expenses on visa and buy as much dope as I could in Toronto where it was cheaper than Vancover, planes never had smoke detectors in the washroom so it was possible to blast a reefer and suck the smoke out by hitting the flush button

if the flight was > 3 times zones you could fly business class and get loaded on good booze, the best flight I had was getting drunk with Laurie Skreslet the 1st canadian to summit everest, a few drinks into the flight buddies take on the politics of the climb was entertainment
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

FUCK the TSA, what a bunch of false security doled out by dopes.

On a trip to Chicago last year I was bringing back a Christmas present that was wrapped in my bag. My bad, I know. So I said lets open it carefully so I can re-wrap it. Nope, Tanisha tore into that shit like it was her present and her friend even stopped screening passengers so she could see what was in it. It was a 3oz Hermes perfume my sister wanted and upon seeing it they nearly tripped over themselves saying, "YOU CAN'T TAKE THIS ON, IT'S TOO LATE TO CHECK IT!" As the second TSA agent says out loud "dibs"!

I told these two hacks that it was 3oz and sealed. They tossed it into a bin along with the shredded wrapping paper and moved onto the next mark.

I wonder how much shit agents like this enjoy taking home as their own each year.
    Should of stomped that bottle right then and there. "Oops!"

Same story for me with a can of red bull that was in a carry on. "You don't mind if I drink it do you?"

I wanted to say "Well, its up to you, its dangerous according to your boss. Could be Sarin."
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

I've had three seats to myself the last couple times on southwest. Who wants to touch me?