Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    They were not clipping tickets...they clipped a corner as a 1-time warning. The Inspectors were there. If you realize that Magic has no money to bribe those guys, you can understand why they were being such dicks.

Question for the lawyers...is it really a VT law that you have to lower the bar? If so, what authority does ski patrol have to enforce said law?

http://labor.vermont.gov/tramway/pas...-safety-rules/

1007.2 Chairs
    Each chair shall be equipped with a restraint bar, which shall not yield to forward pressure applied by passenger(s).
    The passenger(s) must have the restraint bar fully closed except when they are embarking or disembarking the lift.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

That makes sense MNIAW. Definitely cannot afford fines, although how is that the ski resorts problem? It's not like they can close the bar for you. I also realize they don't need any neg attention drawn to their 1 operating lift.

I was around on Sunday, but spend most of the day with makimono, madam radam, and radam when he got off work. It was a blast. Also how I spend many of my days, so not really too affected by the Summit, but still, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    Yup, that was lame. What else is? Somehow in all those years you never learned the right of way? This man managed to crash into me right in front of the bunny hill. What a dick. Seriously, unreal humiliationz. Honestly surprised nobody saw it from inside.
    This aggression will not stand.

You fell. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    This aggression will not stand.

You fell. Haha.
    I did & it's crystal clear to me now. Morning lapz, you leave early after clippin' me. Followed by "Black Tiez" & champagne i'm sure. On the Timber payroll I see. No wonder he was so happy when we met.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Great fun was had on Saturday skiing with you all. Magic as fun as it could be, groomers are better than the bush right now possibly due to their natural snow makeup. Anyone who has never skied there should give it a spin soon.
    Skied with Timberidge who is a real person and not an MMP alias. We got some good runs with various local Mags leading the way. Red Line had a rope across it but I asked patrol and they said it was open so we took a few runs down it, good time for sure.
    Woke up late on Sunday and missed Peruvians call, dropped Ml off as they were leaving the drive and made it home safely. Looking forward to the next adventure.

Empty your pm box JONG... and maybe get the pic of the gs suited and naked legs/underwear guys up for visual accentuation of the happenings that was the summit/mini?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The only mishaps of the day? I ran afoul of Dave a couple of times...
    Saturday's coral building and constant re-alignment was epic by any lift-line standard.
    Dave, the master that he is, managed to keep his cool but stern demeanor.
    His stalwart minions scurrying around doing his bidding with a substantial amount of non-verbal communication.
    "The Stare" "The After-Thought" (hand to chin) the "what the fuk were you thinking" head tilt and of course, "The Over-Burden". Using his tallness to it's best advantage.

I caught his holiness the General in the waning moments of Sunday afternoon and maybe not at his most attentive.
    We couldn't decide who was in charge of the chair and a firm calf thwacking was properly delivered by the general himself on my closeout run
    ​I am not in your hurry

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Run#2: Coming off an adrenaline rush from blasting down Talisman on Run #1, I got into the non-single line as a single. Yellow card.

Run #3: Managed to get into the right line this time. Did not manage to get the bar down in time before crossing the "line." To quote the John Goodman, "over the line Smokey."

Run #4: Right line, determined to get the bar down in time. Dave told me "come out, wait there, don't move." Was not sure what I did this time, but thought for sure he was coming w/ the wire cutters. I would be publicly shamed in front of the largest lift line of the year. I contemplated making a break for the lodge. But I just stood there shaking, paralyzed for 5 mins until he told me to pair up with another single. I thanked him and continued on the rest of the day w/out incident.

Edit: But I was w/ GetAmped after that.
    The best strategy for dealing with Dave is the same as for any crazy person. DO NOT USE REASON. Instead you must approach the world as if their world view is the only world view. If Dave says that's the way to line works, do not question it, that is how it works.

Or you can just buy him a White Russian. Actually buying him a White Russian is the best strategy. After buying him a drink revert back to not using reason.

Super fun to meet all of you in person. VTFreeheal thanks for organizing!

VTFREE thanks for organizing everything. Was really good to see old faces that I haven't seen in a while and meet new mags as well. Magic is magic and no better place to ski party and meet great people in SVT.
    Want to thank Numberdays and JGB for keeping me medicated and safe to ski with my back issue.
    Dowork and Gepeto for back advice.
    Timberidge was good to meet you and ski.
    Peruvian..."it's all about the bus"
    Dinner was inorder after cocktail hours and what a dinner it was. Good dinner crew (u know who u are) American grill has an awesome menu and the food was excellent to say the least. It Was worth the wait. Snowed all day at Platty on Sunday with the hell drive home down 87 and 287!

Dowork thanks again for organizing the "LIST" inorder to receive the TGR discount.
    always forward but never straight

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

As much as I want to stand with you guys in some sort of we'll-put-the-safety-bar-down-if-we-want-to act of solidarity... why the fuck wouldn't you just put the bar down? It has a frickin footrest attached to it!

Not disputing the bar should go down if its the law of the land, or the hill. My comment was more directed at the speed at which it needed to go down on Sat. It was a bit unusual.

And now I understand why; an "inspector" was there. I'm guessing things are a bit more lassaiz faire on a 6" weekday.

If I had to rank the safety hazards that may have caused an insurance claim on Sat, slipping on the deck would have ranked higher than falling from red.
    Last edited by Timberridge; 03-03-2015 at 07:37 AM.

jgb@etree Guest
    Not disputing the bar should go down if its the law of the land, or the hill. The speed at which it needed to go down on Sat was a bit unusual.

If I had to rank the safety hazards that may have caused an insurance claim on Sat, slipping on the deck would have ranked higher than falling from red.
    Slipping on the deck should be the least of your concerns. I'm amazed it hasn't collapsed yet.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    As much as I want to stand with you guys in some sort of we'll-put-the-safety-bar-down-if-we-want-to act of solidarity... why the fuck wouldn't you just put the bar down? It has a frickin footrest attached to it!
    I'm a fan of the bar, but my only complaint about the red chair is that the footrests are too high which prevents me from being able to rest my feet

Pretty sure that qualifies as a 'first world' problem.

EAST COAST SUMMIT 2015 FEBRUARY 28/29 AT MAGIC MOUNTAIN

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    I'm a fan of the bar, but my only complaint about the red chair is that the footrests are too high which prevents me from being able to rest my feet

Red chair was built during pre colonial period when the human frame was much smaller and is actually named for it's initial Native American users.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

For me it's an act of defiance, it's a small thing I can do....you're going to leave the rope up across Witch all day?? Well I'm gonna ride with the bar up! And if I catch you hiding in the woods with a radio again I may even turn sideways and hang my feet off the side of the chair! Ha!
    DUMB N DANGEROUS

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post

Dear jgb@etree,
    The Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea recognizes that proper chairlift ergonomics are important for an enjoyable day on the ski hill. If the footrests are too high, or your local area is always pairing you up with a snowboarder (who insists on banging his board into your shins and taking away the enjoyment of a nice ride up the mountain) I cordially invite you ski our world class ski hill in Masikyrong where you will find you have an entire chair to yourself with ergonomically correct footrests.

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is guided in its activities by the Juche idea authored by President Kim Il Sung. The Juche idea means, in a nutshell, that the masters of the revolution and construction are the masses of the people and that they are also the motive force of the revolution and construction.

Sincerely,
    Kim Jong-un
    Supreme Leader, DPRK

hey man, i was just commenting on the lecture, man. you know, standing right in front of the people he's talking to, but everyone within 30 feet could hear loud and clear.

while replaying the crash with RG in the beginner area in my mind, it was totally my fault.

it was good to catch up with Eug in the lift line. I'm not sure he knew there was a minisummit going on, but our paths have been crossing for years on both coasts and it's a blast watching his kids progress. Great skiers.

Does anyone really know what the fuck gepeto is talking about? i dont really.

EAST COAST SUMMIT 2015 FEBRUARY 28/29 AT MAGIC MOUNTAIN

Gepeto slays me most times, but sometimes he goes too deep. Even Brady has a few incompletions. (And as if you make sense all the time...)

Can anyone tell me where the suggestion box is?
    Ha ha... you can't start making suggestions until you've been here 30 years, spent seven years in Tibet and been through at least two personal bankruptcies.

Only then can you make suggestions and you best accompany it with a work plan to resolve it by the end of the weekend. This isn't Stratton... no grooming on or off the slopes.

And PowBumps (and all mags), I know it seems weird, but seriously, you need to speak up in the lift line. You don't have to yell change for a nickle, but just a friendly, "Anyone post on TGR?" will work. Nobody's going to laugh and chances are you'll end up getting a great personal tour of the goods. Nothing ventured, nothing gained... and you'll make some good new friends.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Magic needs to market to Canadians. World record holders in ass to chair bar off you helmet transition... commence ignore loud donk and yabbering French to buddy.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Magic needs
    Is this the new "Magic Should"?

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    Is this the new "Magic Should"?
    Magic suggestion box
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425405773.419848.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	164751

Hmmm...

If you make a suggestion for a suggestion box, where do you put it?

If tomatoes are fruits, would ketchup be a jam?

If sailboats have the right of way over powerboats, should telemarkers have the right of way over skiers on alpine bindings?

--Tuesday musings

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Gepeto slays me most times, but sometimes he goes too deep. Even Brady has a few incompletions. (And as if you make sense all the time...)
    Oh contraire my friend - this ball is headed for the end zone

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Does anyone really know what the fuck gepeto is talking about? i dont really.
    "The Over-Burden". Using his tallness to it's best advantage.

ensnared with a single line... honey to a bee you are.

If yur looking for controversy, you've found the end of the rainbow.
    I will recommend that you use the fresh line skiers left before you try and poach this one though... just sayin
    ​I am not in your hurry