Salomon 14/15 Quest Max BC 120, noisy?

Hey

Recently purchased a Salomon Quest Max BC 120 ( the orange and white one ), I had tried it once, so felt good purchase online, then, issues often show up when in real life.

so there I was, trying the boot at home, walking around, getting use to it, then I realized these boots are extremely noisy, squeaky sound perhaps rubbing from surface of the liner and shell, I took it apart, no noise of course, put it back, noise came back. I love everything about the boots, but I do not think I can tolerate the squeakiness.

Anyone has the same boots? do they have this problem? or just me?
    If they are also noisy, does the noise go away once the boots is worn? special tips?

Does anyone has Salomon Quest Pro TR 110? They have a different liner, are they too the same noisy? or no problem?
    I do not mind down a 10 flex for a 110 if it's not noisy.

My Falcon 10 (110 flex alpine, made by Sally) were also noisy. Great boots though, and lasted forever, probably along the lines of 500 days. I would expect the noise to be the upper and lower shell rubbing and creaking, the liner wears faster than the shells, and the noise never changed for me so I'd expect it to be a more robust part of the boot.

On a different note, if you want to have boots to try on in the future then buy em where you try em. Wasting a bootfitters time and giving the money to some big online company is weak.

Angrysasquatch, thanks for the input, I am pretty confident that this boot will get me through some toughest winter days to come, but I have had other ski boots that were noisy and some quiet one, I am just so much happier when I was in the quiet one.

I understand sometimes that everyone of us gets pissed and want to let our inner voice of justice out just because we think we are the one who with noble and the most ethical mind and everyone else is just plain idiot.

So I am located in Van, BC, I was in Fernie for couple of weeks in Dec and tried on the 120 at the local shop, I couldn't afford it as I had to pay extra attention on my travel budget. I did not have $700 that I can just drop on a boot I just tried on for 5 or 10 mins, I wish I had, but no, if you have, attaboy/girl.

Back in Van, MEC are the one who does have 120, but my size are available at MEC Montréal, so I ordered and have them shipped to me.

There, are you happy? When I was working in retail, people would just come and try, sometime tells me that they are not buying anything but still try on bunch of things, and I was ok with that, it's their money, they are entitled to do whatever that they feel ok to do with it. Are you gonna force them to buy it just because they try a $600 coat that they only spent 5 mins with it? I don't think so. I will not do business with you it you expect me to do that.

Anyway, thank you for taking your time to share with me you boots experiences, if you are some sorts of salesman and doing well the way you do it, I am truly happy for you. And go out and shred some more, cause winter is about to done.

My inner voice of justice tells me : "Tech Talk" !
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    My inner voice of justice tells me : "Tech Talk Salope!!!" !
    FIFY
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I've never worked in sales, I'm just some asshole on the internet

While this should be a tech talk thread since it's not Avalanche related, I too have these boots provided to me as a warrenty replacement from last years model. They are much more "squeaky" than my last pair; however the issue I had was the buckle shell interface was so ridged that it cracked the boot. So perhaps this flexing is a good thing.

If the noise is too loud on your go pro just ski faster, the wind noise will take care of it </sarcasm>

new here...