Height Adjustment on Tour F12s

I have Marker Tour F12s that I do a fair amount of east coast touring on.

On one of the bindings (only one) the height adjustment constantly backs off creating a gap between the boot (Scarpa Freedom) and the AFD. It only happens on one of the pair and it happens pretty consistently. I have a friend that has Tour F10s and he has one that does the same.

Since I only use a single pair of boots, is there any reason why I can't just throw some Loctite on the spindle and see if that stops the slide?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    is there any reason why I can't just throw some Loctite on the spindle and see if that stops the slide?
    Loctite destroys plastic. So do not use loctite.

I don't have a great solution for you, but I can tell you don't use loctite.

This was happening on my tours as well. It can be dangerous. Send them back to Marker (will probably have to do this through a shop) and they will warranty them. They sent me a brand new pair.

Get some Vibra-tite VC-3 on the threads that contact the nut when the AFD is adjusted to your boot, to create resistance to turning during use. Move the AFD out of position, then add Vibra-Tite to the threads in that area (you'll probably have to scoot the rubber bellows out of the way), and let it dry overnight. Then adjust AFD to fit your boot sole (the rod will be harder to turn due to the plastic in the threads) and it'll probably never be an issue again.

Or just use a lot of vibratite? Would think that should do the trick

Edit: ^ Beat me to the punch
    Last edited by Muggydude; 02-08-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    Loctite destroys plastic. So do not use loctite.

I don't have a great solution for you, but I can tell you don't use loctite.
    Yeah, know about basic Loc-tite's tendency to turn plastic into pudding. Loc-tite makes a plastic-friendly version (so says a car mechanic friend) now.

Quote Originally Posted by Powdurr View Post
    This was happening on my tours as well. It can be dangerous. Send them back to Marker (will probably have to do this through a shop) and they will warranty them. They sent me a brand new pair.
    Local shop sucks donkey balls...I bought these online at either Camp-saver or SAC or EVO or ... cannot remember. In any case, can't do it mid-season. Will try in May.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Get some Vibra-tite VC-3 on the threads that contact the nut when the AFD is adjusted to your boot, to create resistance to turning during use. Move the AFD out of position, then add Vibra-Tite to the threads in that area (you'll probably have to scoot the rubber bellows out of the way), and let it dry overnight. Then adjust AFD to fit your boot sole (the rod will be harder to turn due to the plastic in the threads) and it'll probably never be an issue again.
    I'll try this...any thoughts on Marker's likelihood of denying my warranty claim due to implementing this solution?

I use clear nail polish on the threads for screws when I'm mounting gun scopes. I've never had a screw back out, and they're always easy to remove when you want to

Vibra-tite isn't as hard as nail polish (it stays a bit soft), so it still works even after running the screw in & out several times.

Thanks to all for the advice.

you could try teflon pipe thread sealing tape form the plumbing section of the HW store
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    ^^^ THIS ^^^
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!