Page 221 of 271 FirstFirst ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 6775
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I think it’s the garbage they’re after, not the boxes.
    Yeah I was kidding. Garbage and people who leave boxes on the ground when the dumpster is full.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B90590D2-2BBE-4BFE-BD90-DAAF9DF185FB.jpeg 
Views:	278 
Size:	450.9 KB 
ID:	449708

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B90590D2-2BBE-4BFE-BD90-DAAF9DF185FB.jpeg 
Views:	278 
Size:	450.9 KB 
ID:	449708
    What about the partner who just stacks dishes in the sink directly next to the MFing dishwasher!?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    What about the partner who just stacks dishes in the sink directly next to the MFing dishwasher!?
    That’s a raccoon on fentanyl

My wife using my good bread knife to cut cheesecake on a metal pan.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    just get even with them

under cook the pasta just to fuck up their digestive system

its being pasta aggressive
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    just get even with them

under cook the pasta just to fuck up their digestive system

its being pasta aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    My wife using my good bread knife to cut cheesecake on a metal pan.
    My wife has no clue which knife to use for which task.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    My wife has no clue which knife to use for which task.
    Same.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Why not use all of them? Last night I counted 4 - 2 chefs knives, a paring knife and a steak knife. The only prep work was dicing an onion and cubing a chicken breast.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Why not use all of them? Last night I counted 4 - 2 chefs knives, a paring knife and a steak knife. The only prep work was dicing an onion and cubing a chicken breast.

This. And every mixing bowl and pan for making eggs.

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    This. And every mixing bowl and pan for making eggs.
    We had a couple of friends over for dinner yesterday. Ms Boissal went all out with cooking, hosting is one of her favorite things and she uses the opportunity to test out new dishes. It's really awesome until we get to the cleaning phase. Since she does all the cooking and can't tolerate me being anywhere near the kitchen, I get to clean everything. Very fair deal but on rare occasions (yesterday being one) the damage control post-dinner takes as much time as the prep and cooking put together. I think she used every pot and pan we own, at least 3 different baking sheets, the vast majority of the silverware, all the stuff that lives in the weird drawer (you know the one, it has potato peelers, measuring cups, basters, tongues, all the random shit), the Instapot, the immersion blender with 2 attachments, the food processor, and more I can't remember. There were also cocktails, beers, and wine so we used 17 different types of glasses. A meal for 4 required a full dishwasher load and a whole lot of time fighting with large pots in the sink. Not enough room to air dry everything so I had to go through several rounds of manual drying and putting the stuff away to make room.

When I got done I ironed a bunch of shirts to get that good domestic vibe going.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    We had a couple of friends over for dinner yesterday. Ms Boissal went all out with cooking, hosting is one of her favorite things and she uses the opportunity to test out new dishes. It's really awesome until we get to the cleaning phase. Since she does all the cooking and can't tolerate me being anywhere near the kitchen, I get to clean everything. Very fair deal but on rare occasions (yesterday being one) the damage control post-dinner takes as much time as the prep and cooking put together. I think she used every pot and pan we own, at least 3 different baking sheets, the vast majority of the silverware, all the stuff that lives in the weird drawer (you know the one, it has potato peelers, measuring cups, basters, tongues, all the random shit), the Instapot, the immersion blender with 2 attachments, the food processor, and more I can't remember. There were also cocktails, beers, and wine so we used 17 different types of glasses. A meal for 4 required a full dishwasher load and a whole lot of time fighting with large pots in the sink. Not enough room to air dry everything so I had to go through several rounds of manual drying and putting the stuff away to make room.

When I got done I ironed a bunch of shirts to get that good domestic vibe going.
    You're a good man... I'd have waited until the morning and received The Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

Holy shit bro- a last minute submission and clear winner of “husband of the month award”.

my girlfriend snores like a camel
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Same.
    Right? My girl uses a steak knife to cut everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    my girlfriend snores like a camel
    Welcome to the club. Solid ear plugs and gummies to knock you the fuck out or a separate room is required.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Well, since there has been much dishwasher discussion, I thought I'd add to it. My wife has recently started scolding me for not running the kitchen sink till the water is hot before starting the dishwasher is started. She claims this is the reason dishes come out not dirty. (It does actually take about 30 seconds to get it hot as it's a long way from the instant hot water heater in the garage) Personally, I always thought the dishwasher heated the water on it's own and the temperature of the incoming water had little to do with it. I may be wrong, but I have DEFINITELY been biting my tongue on mentioning that putting a bowl of what used to be the morning granola after it's dried straight hard into the washer has a bunch more to do with it then the water temp...but I know that's not a winning argument. (She just does not rinse well before the dishwasher much less stuck on foods...)

I never preheat the water supply like that ^^ but I usedta ski with an appliance repair guy who told me me the water has to be hot enough for good cleaning

I thot that element in the bottom was just for drying

My family knows I will lose my shit if dirty/food caked on dishes are put in the dishwasher. Consequently they come out sparkling clean on the Econo Cycle. Maybe stop biting your tongue?

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Well, since there has been much dishwasher discussion, I thought I'd add to it. My wife has recently started scolding me for not running the kitchen sink till the water is hot before starting the dishwasher is started. She claims this is the reason dishes come out not dirty. (It does actually take about 30 seconds to get it hot as it's a long way from the instant hot water heater in the garage) Personally, I always thought the dishwasher heated the water on it's own and the temperature of the incoming water had little to do with it. I may be wrong, but I have DEFINITELY been biting my tongue on mentioning that putting a bowl of what used to be the morning granola after it's dried straight hard into the washer has a bunch more to do with it then the water temp...but I know that's not a winning argument. (She just does not rinse well before the dishwasher much less stuck on foods...)
    She's right - at least for some dishwashers. Check your owner's manual for confirmation.

Mine has this specific section:

Water Temperature
    Hot water is needed for best dishwashing and
    drying results. Water entering dishwasher should
    be at least 120°F (49°C) to give satisfactory results.

To check water temperature entering dishwasher:

Turn on hot water faucet nearest dishwasher
    for several minutes to clear cool water from
    pipes.

Hold a candy or meat thermometer in the water
    stream to check the temperature.

If temperature is below 120°F (49°C), have
    a qualified person raise the hot water heater
    thermostat setting.

I hope she never sees this. I am good at admitting I was wrong, but I still think the ZERO prewash before putting those dried on painfully dirty dishes in the dishwasher is more to blame!

I seriously doubt it's necessary to have hot water entering the dishwasher from the very start. Most faucets need to run a little bit to get hot water. If it takes 30 seconds to heat up that's probably fine (and probably better than most). Even those instructions ^^ say to run the water for a couple minutes before checking the temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I hope she never sees this. I am good at admitting I was wrong, but I still think the ZERO prewash before putting those dried on painfully dirty dishes in the dishwasher is more to blame!
    They both contribute, for sure. Also - check your water temp *late* in the cycle some time - if it's under 120F there may *also* be a problem with the heating element/inline heater (depending on what your unit has) - this will ALSO result in shitty cleaning results.

Ask me how I know.

you know that you can just put a dish back in the DW for the next cycle if its not perfect right ?