Page 265 of 265 FirstFirst ... 260 261 262 263 264 265
Results 6,601 to 6,620 of 6620
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    My wife doesn't like driving at night... she also won't use the brights for whatever reason.

Anybody know of a gentle way to remind her of the brights that won't piss her off?
    I suggest you just reach right across her while she is driving and turn them on yourself

This worked excellently with my ex-wife. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think if a cop wants to mess with you he just pulls you over, smashes the tail light and writes you the broken tailight ticket and if you happen to be DUI even better
    Yeah maybe in 1988... now every cop has a body cam that gets switched on at the initiation of any public interaction and/or traffic stop, every cruiser has a dash camera that would be on for the whole traffic stop, and many citizens are also rocking dash cams and/or other cameras. No way any cop gets away with that in 2024

Except in the cases where they don't turn it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Yeah maybe in 1988... now every cop has a body cam that gets switched on at the initiation of any public interaction and/or traffic stop, every cruiser has a dash camera that would be on for the whole traffic stop, and many citizens are also rocking dash cams and/or other cameras. No way any cop gets away with that in 2024
    In my dad's town the cops started driving around with their brights on all the time. Apparently, flashing your lights at assholes with their brights on is considered "aggressive driving," so they'd wait to get flashed and then go fishing. At some point they did it to someone with pull and got told to knock that shit off.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Except in the cases where they don't turn it on.
    Lawyer would have a field day with that - PD protocol says body camera must be turned on for any traffic stop, and said cop did so for all his other stops that week EXCEPT for the one where the motorist is alleging that the cop broke his taillight?? Also, there's the tiny fact that in most places those dash cams are ALWAYS on if the cruiser is running (and recording if the emergency lights are on) and cops are blatantly not allowed to turn them off under any circumstance.. So yeah No

Lawyer would have a field day with that - PD protocol says body camera must be turned on for any traffic stop, and said cop did so for all his other stops that week EXCEPT for the one where the motorist is alleging that the cop broke his taillight?? Also, there's the tiny fact that in most places those dash cams are ALWAYS on if the cruiser is running (and recording if the emergency lights are on) and cops are blatantly not allowed to turn them off under any circumstance.. So yeah No
    https://www.aclu.org/news/criminal-l...cameras-courts

Whats that got to do with the dash cam - that almost every department has nowadays - that is automatically recording the entire stop from the time the blue lights go on to the time when the cruiser pulls away? It ain't happening man

Whats that got to do with the dash cam - that almost every department has nowadays - that is automatically recording the entire stop from the time the blue lights go on to the time when the cruiser pulls away? It ain't happening man
    You're the one that mentioned body cams. Look at your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    My wife doesn't like driving at night... she also won't use the brights for whatever reason.

Anybody know of a gentle way to remind her of the brights that won't piss her off?
    New car with auto high beams?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Yeah - I'm not buying a new car. She eventually started *sorta* using them, and fortunately we were only in the dark for about 2 hours.

I'll just plan to have her drive during the day...

I may have been joking ^^

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ngoing%20basis.

In Saskatchewan they are gona just test everbody they pull over, so how long before there is a court challenge ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

In other news, was out working in the yard this past weekend (replacing parts of the drip system the fucking dog chewed up), when I start hearing “bang, bang, bang “ and our wooden gate moving. I ask Mrs. Seano what she is doing. The hinges on the gate are loose is the response. Bang, bang, bang. This goes on for WAY longer than it should, and now she’s dropping random F- bombs, so I walk over to see what the deal is. Which led to this exchange:
    Me: Honey, what are you doing?
    MS (Hammer in Hand): I told you, trying to tighten the fucking hinges!
    Me: Those are screws. You don’t hammer screws.
    MS:……
    Me: lemme go get the drill
    MS: Why didn’t you say something earlier?!?!?
    Me: CAUSE I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE SPENDING THE LAST TEN MINUTES TRYING TO HAMMER IN FUCKING WOOD SCREWS!

Dinner was quiet.

Well you were a little negligent - as soon as she initially said the hinges are loose after you noticed the BANGING, yet you dithered ....
    Of course, the initial choice of a hammer to fix hinges is indeed ..... noteworthy.

Should have told her she is unhinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Should have told her she is unhinged.
    lol she had a hammer in her hand and is full blooded Latina….

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Love the story about pounding wood screws seano.

My wife’s father is a semi-retired jack-of-all trades contractor. Designed and did about half the build of her cabin (that we’ve since sold). I’ve had to bite my tongue on more than one occasion when my wife would critique my handyman skills. Granted I’m no tradesman, but can complete most 7 monkey-level jobs with a bit of research and one or two do-overs. Wife has demonstrated she has trouble hanging a picture-frame. It’s taken a few years, but she rarely comments on my handyman skills anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    In other news, was out working in the yard this past weekend (replacing parts of the drip system the fucking dog chewed up), when I start hearing “bang, bang, bang “ and our wooden gate moving. I ask Mrs. Seano what she is doing. The hinges on the gate are loose is the response. Bang, bang, bang. This goes on for WAY longer than it should, and now she’s dropping random F- bombs, so I walk over to see what the deal is. Which led to this exchange:
    Me: Honey, what are you doing?
    MS (Hammer in Hand): I told you, trying to tighten the fucking hinges!
    Me: Those are screws. You don’t hammer screws.
    MS:……
    Me: lemme go get the drill
    MS: Why didn’t you say something earlier?!?!?
    Me: CAUSE I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE SPENDING THE LAST TEN MINUTES TRYING TO HAMMER IN FUCKING WOOD SCREWS!

Dinner was quiet.
    How's my man, Crash?

Ask her if she would rather get banged or screwed tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    How's my man, Crash?
    lol he’s good man, turns three on Saturday…. It’s a miracle.

Any love for our mother-in-laws?

Mine will straight up buy furniture without asking us. Then I'm an asshole for rejecting it.

She once ordered study desks for my elementary school kids to be placed by the kitchen island "Because the lighting is better here and then you guys can help with homework while you cook." While those are both legit reasons, the monstrous desks just showed up one day and my wife... "Didn't I tell you?"

So I had to return them, and then build a proper desk to satisfy both of these women while maintaining some semblance of interior design.