B&D Ski Gear: longer shim screw compatibility?

I have some B&D ski gear shims and screws on their way (2 sets actually) and was wondering about the packaged screws. One set will be on a fresh mount, so no issues there, but one set will be a remount--I need the longer screws for the shim. Is the pitch/thread the same as regular dynafit screws, or will I run into some threading/stripping issues. I'll likely run a test mount on a 2x4 like I usually do, but just wondering if someone has worked this out.
    Thanks.

Me be interested in this as well.

As far as the 19mm screws go that I got from B&D (Silver, torx head), they match up pretty well with the OE Dynafit Vertical screws. Thread pitch and diameter are the same, but the root diameter is about 1/64" wider on the B&D ones. Can't speak for the 28mm (which is probably what you got, because the 19mm is about the same as the stock length for the Verticals) because they're in my skis and I'm not about to remove them to measure.

All the B&D screws have standard binding threads so there's no issue installing them in to an existing mount.

Thanks! Super helpful info, lads.

28mm have significantly larger thread diameter than stock. I had to grind mine both for length, and diameter for the 5th toe hole on Verts. I re-mounted 2 pairs of skis with homemade shims with no spinners. Should be more resistant to tear-out than stock.

just got mine in today (right in time or the weekend, props to jon!)

to clear any confusion, here are some comparo-pics:

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    28mm have significantly larger thread diameter than stock. I had to grind mine both for length, and diameter for the 5th toe hole on Verts. I re-mounted 2 pairs of skis with homemade shims with no spinners. Should be more resistant to tear-out than stock.
    Had to grind length and the head diameter on mine, but nothing with the thread diameter. Was also a fresh mount instead of a remount.

I had the same question as you last year when mounting some Speed Radicals. I ultimately decided to find some of the radical ft toe shims that come with the FTs and the associated screws. The shim gets you to a pretty neutral ramp and then you have an easy screw to use that you know fits perfect.

I'll be mounting one or two setups with B&D screws shortly (thanks Spyderjon too) - one remount, one new mount. For the remount, the larger thread diameter increase compared to standard binding screws doesn't concern me (6.2mm vs 5.5mm) but the larger thread pitch does (confirmed by smooth operator's photos above, but I measure 2.1mm vs 1.8mm pitch measuring to the thread peaks). Surely this won't mesh at all with existing threads cut into old holes, no?

North said he had no spinners in his remount with B&D screws. Anyone else have reports of remounting with B&D screws? I tested one solo screw into an old hole and it seemed OK. Once I cut the screws down for length I'll try torquing it hard it on a test mount with a binding into old holes to really test it.