Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SIA 2015

SIA 2015

Hey mags,

Will be uploading as much of the content from the SIA show as I can here while i"m in Denver and afterwards. Enjoy!

Line Skis - Mordecai, Sick Day Tourist, park ski:

Ride Snowboards - Bezerker, split tail board, assymetrical park board:

K2 Snowboards - Carveair, Cool Bean, and Joyrider boards:

MTN Approach - foldable b/c skis for ascent for snowboarders:

DPS Skis - Tour 1 layup, new metal skis, new women's sizes in 158:

Moment Skis - old Bibby Pro returns, new Tallac and Exit World touring shapes:
    Last edited by WaistDeepGroomers; 02-02-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Nice, Dunfee! If you get a chance check out the 30k stuff from Orage. Cheers duder.
    Edit- just saw your grocery list of "visits" in the rumor thread. Hope you're wearing comfortable shoes!
    Last edited by SkiJunky05; 01-30-2015 at 09:13 AM.

TGR media player sucks a metric fuckton of dick.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    heh. +1.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Should be better once the new fan arrives.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Dunfee got to go to Denver ?

Who is answering the phones and making the office coffee in Jackson ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Good coverage, but you may as well put this in the 2015/2016 gear thread. And TGR media player is balls!

SIA 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Should be better once Lonely Planet overlord arrives.
    FIFY

+5

Seriously, did they steal some player code from 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

I hope no one closes the server room door while he's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Media player doesn't work for me at all

Internal Player Error
    Problem downloading the third-party module google-ima-ads-manager

We know the player doesn't play nice with Tapatalk right now, but should work fine with any desktop browser. Lemme know specific problems if you have 'em. I'll see if we can't create some time to put together a Youtube playlist as well.

In the meantime....

Burton 15/16. New splitboards including a first-ever Custom splitboard, cool Hitchhiker split building done with Spark that eliminates pins, plus some other cool freeride shapes. Was really cool to get the tour from Dave Downing himself!

Dakine 15/16. New outerwear designed by Peter Line, bib pant designed intentionally to roll spliffs on the chairlift, and a new womens-specific pack line:

Armada 15/16. Broadened Invictus line, more Kufo touring skis. JJ is unchanged from last year's mods:

Black Diamond outerwear by your request! Quick run through the whole new lineup, all of which has pants with padded, dedicated pocket for avi beacons:
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Dunfee got to go to Denver ?

Lonely Planet probably got them a Keurig. Those things are great.
    An Invictus 114 would be sweet.
    Dunfee, please edit out the parts where you're just walking around the booth. The Atomic booth one is the worst, Armada wasn't great either.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    how about footy of some hot girls prancing around the show, being chased by splat of course.
    This isn't freeskier.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    how about footy of some hot girls prancing around the show, being chased by splat of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    This isn't freeskier.
    Maybe not but the prancing hotties sprinkled about the hall were the highlight of the show, IMHO.
    The Sheriff is near!

Scarpa w/new Freedom boot w/130 flex:

Helly Hansen:

Faction skis:

Marker Apparel:

ON3P skis:

Surface skis:

Salomon MTN Lab boot w/Greg Hill:

could you make a stop at arcteryx as well. would like to see if something new is coming for alpine and skiing

Quote Originally Posted by çayzi View Post
    could you make a stop at arcteryx as well. would like to see if something new is coming for alpine and skiing
    Wanted to but didn't have time to since there booth was outside the venue.

did you see anything new from BD about the jetforce packs? whatched the video but only talks about the outerwear...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Wanted to but didn't have time to since there booth was outside the venue.
    $600 jackets and they couldn't get a booth inside? Did Amersports not want them competing with Atomic and Salomon (who makes lots of clothes)?
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

$600 jackets and they couldn't get a booth inside? Did Amersports not want them competing with Atomic and Salomon (who makes lots of clothes)?
    There were a couple brands that had bailed from the convention center (I assume due to cost) and were running their "booths" from hotel rooms across the street (Arc'Teryx/Lib Tech, for example), or in Burton's case, a whole building 10 minutes across town with their own shuttle service. Nobody at Salomon/Atomic even mentioned outerwear to me, so I'm doubtful on that Amersports front...

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    did you see anything new from BD about the jetforce packs? whatched the video but only talks about the outerwear...
    Didn't even see one in the booth. Only news I got is that there will be more units coming into North America next year; something like 3,000 to the current 1,300. Opposing airbag PR reps were mumbling about BD "testing their product on consumers" and whatnot, etc.

Also here's a photo gallery I got up this am with freeride/bc snowboard stuff from Burton, Never Summer, Spark, Voile, Volcom, Franco, G3, K2, MTN Approach, Ride, and Rome:

https://www.tetongravity.com/photo/sn...a-supergallery

Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post
    Salomon MTN Lab boot w/Greg Hill:
    Anyone here try these yet?

SALOMON MTN LAB REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by neonorchid View Post
    Anyone here try these yet?
    I have skied the MTN LAB, and Im a changed man. I ski Stowe, and do everything from lapping the sidecountry to lapping the park and my ski ability level is G.N.A.R. The boots that normally fit my gargoyle hoof are 100mm lasted 130 flex freeride boots with a hike mode. What that boils down to is a consumer friendly fit that my high instep demands and a 130 flex that feels much softer. I work in the industry as a shop manager/buyer and also test skis and boots for Powder (Im only going through my background check so you can understand where Im coming from and that I have tested and tried a fair amount of boots). I usually spend a season of less in my personal boots and after about 60 days the consumer friendly 100mm fit seems to lose some of its hold. Being a fitter I have tried jamming into a narrower last but my instep wont let me which is one of the saving graces of the MTN LAB from Salomon. The boot is a 98mm last (narrow) and is a bit of a combination between and overlap and a 3 piece style boot (not sure which one they are calling it). Its an overlap style near the toe buckle but quickly opens up the center channel of the boot and a tongue is placed over it and buckled (much like a 3 piece). Its that open channel on the top of my mid foot that allows my instep to breath and be happy. The fit is very accommodating for a 98mm and once I heat molded the Full Thermo liner I was feeling real good. I could tell instantly that the upper cuff and ankle area were locked solid but my instep and forefoot had the room they demanded. The flex was all there and was stiffer than most 130 flex (walk mode boots). Once the walk function was engaged I had about 45 degrees of effortless motion, no need to unbuckle. The boot is AT norm and has a rockered rubber sole that combined with the walk mode actually increased my willingness to go on extended hikes into and out of terrain because it was less taxing on my body. The reason why I have switched from Freeride resort boots to the MTN LAB is because it skis more powerfully, locks in my ankle in shin area better, walks better, hikes better, skins better, apres better, fits Tech and MultiNorm bindings, is warmer, and just all around is the answer to my skiing needs. I will be skiing this in the park, at the resort, in the back country, and at the bar from here on out and Im not looking back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubino View Post
    .........The boots that normally fit my gargoyle hoof are 100mm lasted 130 flex freeride boots with a hike mode. What that boils down to is a consumer friendly fit that my high instep demands and a 130 flex that feels much softer...........The fit is very accommodating for a 98mm and once I heat molded the Full Thermo liner I was feeling real good. I could tell instantly that the upper cuff and ankle area were locked solid but my instep and forefoot had the room they demanded......
    I don't know what your "gargoyle hoof" looks like but apparently its very different from mine.
    I am currently in a rx 130
    I thought the mtn lab had a tiny narrow horribly shaped toebox and a crushing instep.
    Caveat: I was not able to thermoform liner but it sure seemed like Liner molding would not be sufficient and i would need a crap ton of shell work to make it fit acceptably.

I can see the appeal of the mtn lab and its performance greatly interests me but I guess thats why different boot manufacturers make many different shaped and sized boots!