TR: Sorcerer Lodge

Well, I thought I better post some stoke up from this trip since I got a wicked deal on it from TGR (thanks Lee). Our trip turned out to be timed perfect, with the tail end of a big storm just as we arrived and another storm for the last day of the trip, and the start of a nasty warming trend as we flew out. I'll probably go light on the words. Hopefully other maggots on the trip will post some of their stoke.

Tunage

M-ruta finds a diving board

Skian doubles the same feature

Hocus Pocus couloir, the base is literally a 10 min skin from the hut

On Nordic skiers summit

Looking down at Nordic Glacier and Escargot peak. Wedding Bells is the ramp run in profile

Nice ice face down the skiers summit

Then a short skin up Escargot for Wedding bells. Looks OK

Wedding Bells

Nordic peaks. L-R: White Russian col, Merlin Peak, Black Russian col, Nordic east, center, west peaks, skiers summit.

Ski with me, skin in the dark (pre-dawn on Nordic)

Sunrise on the Nordic Glacier

Looking back to Iconoclast Mtn S face

Climbing to Nordic center peak

And looking back to Nordic W peak. The meter-odd of unconsolidated was hard to come to terms with regardless of pit results so we passed on this sick peak

Looking south to the Dawson group

Climbing to Nordic East peak from the col

Looking down the face on the East peak

Playing in the ice

Coming down to the Black Russian col run

Curious critter

M-ruta sendin

Sorcerer lodge is super sweet. Our little group spent most of our time in the alpine, but other groups just skied the trees and endless N-E facing pillow fields below the lodge most of the week. The pillow bang-for-the-buck is seriously ridiculous. Tons of other treeline runs around, and I barely scratched the surface of alpine features around Iconoclast (limited weather days). I tried my utmost to ski most everything I'd want to ski, but I'd definitely go back, there's so much left to do.
    Last edited by angrysasquatch; 01-28-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Looking back to Iconoclast Mtn S face"

I;ve been wanting to ski that forever. Thanks for the reminder

There's probably a line from the summit on this side too... Use your imagination a bit.. well a lot

Looks amazing, thanks. This must be the wicked deal I learned about AFTER I sat around waiting for a mission like Captain Willard and then got bored and went out to Tahoe and gambled and skied slush and hardpack for 2 weeks.

Not that I am envious or anything.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

very nice. a friend was there the week after or maybe it was before. also had great pics

The "after" crew is still up there. Sounds like the before had awesome alpine conditions (somebody tagged Iconoclast) and pretty good in trees, but not super deep like us.

Nice TR. I was there with the "before" crew for the friend's week trip. Conditions in the alpine were great for travel, but the snow was all kinds of terrible above 2100m. A party of two did Iconoclast as an overnight, not because the route is long, but because they wanted to field test some gear. Very thin on the Nordic glaciers, but looks like you guys had some great runs up there on your week with the new snow. Compared to other lodges and huts, the skiing right out the door is unrivaled as far as easy all-weather options. Kokanee is still my favorite of all the lodges I've been to, but Sorcerer has it dominated in terms of front-yard run quality.

Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    There's probably a line from the summit on this side too... Use your imagination a bit.. well a lot
    Yup. Scotch down from the peak and about 100m E. Tannis would have a cow

Man that looks so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Looks amazing, Angry! Some great terrain there. I want in on that line on Iconoclast...

That looks like fun.

Nice slot roulette!

Sorcerer rocks.

why didn't eye get an invite ???

BHAAAHAHAAAHAAA ...

we all know why ...

BRAAAaaAAAAAPPP !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Looks like a sweet trip!

RIP bump
    watch out for snakes