Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The West has been getting fucked for years now. Sucks. Been wanting to ski Tahoe for years. Nother season written off.

In Colorado it has not been so bad but we been getting nickel and dimed a lot and for every time it snows good we get 2 weeks or more of no snow and warm weather.

Quote Originally Posted by MuchosPixels View Post
    The West has been getting fucked for years now. Sucks. Been wanting to ski Tahoe for years. Nother season written off.

In Colorado it has not been so bad but we been getting nickel and dimed a lot and for every time it snows good we get 2 weeks or more of no snow and warm weather.
    10/11 was epic, so was the season prior. It'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by GShep View Post
    10/11 was epic, so was the season prior. It'll be back.
    Yeah, the memories of 10/11 are getting me through these rough times. Not that there hasnt been amazing days after that but it has not been consistent been more of a roller coaster ride with highs and lows.

Quote Originally Posted by MuchosPixels View Post
    Yeah, the memories of 10/11 are getting me through these rough times. Not that there hasnt been amazing days after that but it has not been consistent been more of a roller coaster ride with highs and lows.
    last year was pretty solid after the thaw.

almost 70 in SLC by the end of the week.... but maybe a pattern change after that???

Is anyone besides Jackson Hole having an awesome season?

Jacksons having a so so season, weird weather. Very warm with long dry periods

10 day forecast calls for pure dog shit.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Heading to Steamboat this weekend and every other resort in Colorado -- with the exception of Steamboat -- is currently slated to get 1-2 feet. Steamboat 2-4". I mean, even Keystone is slated for a foot.

Exactly how does that happen?

"It's not the snow that sucks"

-quote of the year this year.

I'm about to throttle the next touron who tells me, "you guys need snow!" Sunshine and Mid 40s to 50s temps, no wind, it really can't get any better for a touron. They are just too much of gapers to realize this. So Hard for me to not counter with the above quote.. or the facts that, you guys hate storm skiing and can't ski powder!!! Gah!!!! Shut up and enjoy your epic gaper conditions!![/rant]

...damn service industry
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Short & Mid-tern climate forecast released. Remaining months of season in the west is hot (not warm) and dry. Seeya next year.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...nal.php?lead=1

interesting winter for sure, our take - http://mtnweekly.com/sports/snowboar...ter-never-came 50 degrees in Jackson yesterday..

It seems to me that this year has been systematically different than any other I can remember. Being here on the coast we have really felt the brunt of the shift in the jet stream, either being stuck under the ridge, or being on the "back end" of it resulting in lots of SW flow and pineapples rather than the NW that bring us precip in the right form.

I'm a bit of a weather geek, and I understand the dynamics of the jet stream and how it relates to our weather. What I don't get is how we can have been stuck in this weather pattern for so many months in a row. Can anyone explain what's going on with the jet? Can anyone remember a season with so little action from the Alaskan Low, so many long dry spells, punctuated by SO many pineapple expresses? I mean if this keeps up, we won't be calling them pineapples anymore, we will just be calling them "rain"!

Thanks for any input. And for allowing me to vent out some of my pent up weather frustration. FUCK THIS WEATHER!!!!

It was a good couple weeks. Now back to drought and record highs. 10 day calls for pure dog shit.

I agree, FUCK THIS WEATHER!!!!!
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.