Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Name this beer

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Don't see any reason I wouldn't drink a beer if the shit water is treated first.
    You are right. I am sure the wastewater is treated for chemicals that have been identified to be harmful and thus regulated but what about all those unknowns yet to be identified? Although the concentrations were very low, pharmaceuticals were found in drinking water supplies in 25 major metro areas investigated - probably higher concentration in cities like Phoenix and LA where water supply is limited. If these chemicals were found in drinking water that has been diluted many times with other bodies of water and rain, I reckon the wastewater treatment plant’s effluent has much higher concentration of these pharmaceuticals.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Willamette revenge
    I like it …since I believe CWS plants discharge to Tualatin River, which eventually connects to Willamette and into Columbia.

I often drive by one of their treatment plants located in Hillsboro, home of Intel and populated by our friends from down south. Since you are getting regional, how about Hoppy Hillsbrew, a seasonal brew spiced with habanero?

Hey, if the most expensive coffee in the world has been shit out by civets, perhaps there's hope for this beer.

"Dare Ya! Pale"

proper filtration of water is not hard, just spend the money, every brewery does

The main issue is the chemical make up of the water, certain chemistry is very important to specific brews. If you used an RO system then added back what you needed for any particular brew it should be fine but in reality there will be a stigma the ignorant masses will attach to anything that has come from waste water source.
    watch out for snakes

Blatz. Oh, damn, already taken. What about Schitts?

Oswego's chunky brew.
    You nailed it again!

For those not familiar with the region, Lake Oswego is a man-made lake and draws its water from Tualatin River, a narrow and shallow body of water that CWS discharges into. Incidentally the lake often has to deal with algae bloom during the summer and the city has installed aerators and spent millions trying to alleviate the algae problem. There are beautiful and very expensive homes surrounding the lake that are occupied by some rich and famous folks of Portland.

Those first generation immigrants living in Hillsboro that maintain those picturesque backyards can now proclaim – You have been wallowing in my shit for years and now you get to drink it too you - “[insert]”!

Cans of piss
    Brown trout ale
    Trot's Trippel
    Lou's Lager
    Strain'd Stout
    Dumper Dopplebock (or Dunkle)
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

btw all water is recycled
    holy fucking shitballs

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    "Coors."
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    nice!
    I was gonna go with "Corona."

Quote Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
    Shhh....

i prefer mine to have traveled further than the suburbs.
    No shit. Figuratively and literally.

Quote Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
    Shhh....

Not ALL. Water is created when you burn fuel or when you are driving your car. The most visible evidence is the steam (water vapor) coming out of the tailpipe.

Ok, I don’t want to get too nerdy here, but when you light a match to your fart, methane (CH4) reacts with oxygen (O2) in air to form carbon dioxide (CO2) and water (H2O). The same basic chemical reaction occurs in the internal combustion engine. So next time when someone gives you flak about driving your big ass SUV up the mountain, you can retort – I am making water, biatch!

Trademark the "Your #2 is our #1" ( Stick in on the labels just above the Ingredients listing poop water)

Bill Gates through his Foundation is into recycled Poop water...

Waste DisposALE

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Thanks for thinking of me. I see what you were thinking with this post, but I don't think Full Blown AIDS was exclusively a Jer thing.

See ya Splat.

JERANTULAS!
    JERANTULAS!
    JERANTULAS!
    JERANTULAS!
    JERANTULAS!
    JERANTULAS!