Ski building factories

Can you help make a list of what brands are made in what factory?
    I'm interested where Faction and Black Crows are made. Are they made in the same factory as Elan and 4FRNT? (In Poland or Czech republic)
    How does that work with the technical side of ski building and new technologies, core materials, carbon options, topsheet materials etc?
    Do we get somewhat the same kind of skis just with different shapes and they all do their own marketing? Do they develop and test new things on their own and let the big factory make their skis without sharing the tech with the other brands made in the same factory?

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    Can you help make a list of what brands are made in what factory?
    I'm interested where Faction and Black Crows are made. Are they made in the same factory as Elan and 4FRNT? (In Poland or Czech republic)
    How does that work with the technical side of ski building and new technologies, core materials, carbon options, topsheet materials etc?
    Do we get somewhat the same kind of skis just with different shapes and they all do their own marketing? Do they develop and test new things on their own and let the big factory make their skis without sharing the tech with the other brands made in the same factory?
    Faction are built here: http://www.nblsport.com

Not sure about black crows. Elan builds 4frnt.

No, not necessarily. Some shapes and cavities are oem, so open to anyone building in that specific factory. The lower end of the ecosystem generally builds on oem shapes and cavities.

Materials-wise, you can build with pretty much whatever you want as long as you or the factory can source it.

Some tech originates in the factory, and if it's good, can be spread around like any other oem thing. Other tech originates with each company and is managed with exclusivity deals, nda's or any other type of private agreement.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    Are they made in the same factory as Elan and 4FRNT? (In Poland or Czech republic)
    SLOVENIA

Slovenia kicks ass.

From what i've read blackcrows are made in Romania in the same factory as whitedot skis. However i've also seen someone say that whitedot skis are made in southern Poland so i'm not 100% sure on any of this...

Quote Originally Posted by littlelawson06 View Post
    From what i've read blackcrows are made in Romania in the same factory as whitedot skis. However i've also seen someone say that whitedot skis are made in southern Poland so i'm not 100% sure on any of this...
    Whitedot are made in Poland.

Have a look at the bottom of the page in the link in my first post.
    Last edited by SiSt; 01-29-2015 at 03:56 AM.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Thanks Simen!

Mine say say

Made in the US of FKNA
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead