Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2015 Denver Skiers

Anyone want to ski with me? All my ski buddies are injured (rideski), didn't buy a pass (brother-in-law), have kids (Lurch), or have moved (thommy21).

Me:
    1. Epic Pass (10 vail days)
    2. BC gear and know how to use it
    3. 420 friendly
    4. Married professional with a 4 month old.
    5. Weekend warrior
    Last edited by Below Zero; 01-27-2015 at 03:03 PM.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero View Post
    Anyone want to ski with me? All my ski buddies are injured (rideski), didn't buy a pass (brother-in-law), have kids (Lurch), or have moved (thommy21).

Me:
    1. Colorado Pass
    2. BC gear and know how to use it
    3. 420 friendly
    4. Married professional with a 4 month old.
    5. Weekend warrior
    Zero- Mrs. S is due to pop, but post baby, I'm good to get into the bc again (RMSP+ inbounds), even as a snowshoe toting knuckledragger.

Cool CS. Congrats on the baby. I assume you meant RMNP. You live in Denver? Let's get after it after the bambino pops.

Edit: Oh, got it, Rocky Mountain Super Pass.
    Last edited by Below Zero; 01-27-2015 at 03:02 PM.

RMSP+ for inbounds riding, no Epic pass. Based in Arvada.

I only know the Bear Lake terrain park at Rocky, but looking to explore more. I'll shoot you a PM later with my cell.

Possible. I'm near downtown. Epic pass holder. No BC gear but with 3 kids at home, those days are behind me. Weekend warrior as well this season and it's bugging the hell out of me.

Cool smslavin. I'm going to ski on Saturday if you'd like to join.

No BC because you have kids? Why? My level of risk in the BC is pretty low, so if you want to make some "safe" turns, I'd be up for it.

I am often in Denver but I violently avoid weekends. And also Colorado. But I am good for a day here and there if I'm around and it ever snows again. I am very much weight conscious when touring so usually I carry the shovel handle and my partner carries the blade. I dont care for 420 but am totally NDF.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Cool smslavin. I'm going to ski on Saturday if you'd like to join.

No BC because you have kids? Why? My level of risk in the BC is pretty low, so if you want to make some "safe" turns, I'd be up for it.
    I'd love to join as I haven't been out in a few weeks. I'll have to check kid schedules. I'll PM you some contact details.

I'm another RMSP+ guy, but add me to your weekend touring partner list.

In Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    I'm another RMSP+ guy, but add me to your weekend touring partner list.
    ditto.... westminster

can get out powder weekdays if in town

2015 Denver Skiers

also RMSP+ in Longmont. 1.5yr old at home... Down to tour IPW/rmnp whatever's clever

Do maggots no longer purchase Epic passes?

^^^ heh... I was thinking the same. use to run the epic with loveland for a few years and add in a couple 4 paks to eldora. spent more time at loveland / eldora than anything else so was not getting value. so.... buddy buys a condo in WP and eldora ends up on the RMSP+ done deal

Are the crowds at WP and Copper on a weekend substantially less than say a Breck or Keystone? I skied Keystone with rideski a few weeks ago, had third chair on RiverRun for the fresh cord. Came down the frontside towards the base and it was packed; massive line outside the corral. So we left.

^^ I dont think so but the drive is hell of alot better when you can get off at hwy 40. only did cooper a couple times this year but weekday only when fresh... to avoid the drive

mostly been at the jane on weekdays as that is when the snow fell, no new fresh or very little on weekend I end up at Eldora as very easy drive for me (and I like eldora once trees fill in). was at wp last sat, crowds SUCKED bigtime so bailed before noon. was the last day of a 5 day ski bender so thought cold beers and putting the feet up was a better idea

WP gets pretty busy and the advanced terrain gets hit hard at the Jane, but it’s convenient for early laps and you avoid the tunnel. The tree terrain is some of the best around too. Copper always seems less crowded, and the masses concentrate on Eagle, Flyer and Timberline, leaving the rest of the mountain pretty manageable.

I'll throw my name onto this thread. I have a RMSP+ but focus most my time on bc. I have a level one cert. I am down to check out some new zones. I have a new born at home, so I am shut down for a couple weeks. I am a professional as well as a weekend warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by dabaier View Post
    I'll throw my name onto this thread. I have a RMSP+ but focus most my time on bc. I have a level one cert. I am down to check out some new zones. I have a new born at home, so I am shut down for a couple weeks. I am a professional as well as a weekend warrior.
    Sounds like we have a lot in common.

Pm me some time. Will be touring on western slope for the next few days but probably back Thursday. BC only and prefer to stay off I-70 on weekends if possible. I'm very familiar with RMNP, IPW, JPW, and Cameron. Usually have good, like-minded partners but always looking for more. I'm pretty flexible on risk tolerance and ambition. I'm in east Boulder area.

Hey Fritz. Would love to check out some zones with you. I got this new book called "Making Turns in the Ten Mile Mosquito Range". We should check out some zone there.

Lakewood - Green Mt. Based
    Epic Local Pass
    Always looking to go tour.
    Family weekend warrior.

Let me know if you want to grab a drink sometime and hook up

If anyone wants to venture south my backcountry partner had to go back east to settle an estate. I'm in Salida and ski mainly around the Monarch zone weekdays.

Hey Fritz or others on this thread, if you want to ski RMNP or Indian Peaks, let me know. I have a lot of bc ski experience, just new to the area and trying to find good partners. I live in Longmont.

Hey, I still ski. It is just only at Eldora and only during Trek sessions... Also only greens with a 3yr old on a leash... Next year they will both be in Trek. We could tour out the gate to Lost Lake...

Hey Fritz. Would love to check out some zones with you. I got this new book called "Making Turns in the Ten Mile Mosquito Range". We should check out some zone there.
    Heh. You might be thinking of killingcokes. I'm a different Fritz, but you might be able to find me in one of his other guide books.... Might be some corn harvesting going on this weekend on the front range if the weather holds. Would be nice to find some high alpine lines in February (safely).