Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    The qualifier at Hochfügen

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post

That winning run is sick.

^^^ yep, no doubt why that dude won.

Good lord the camera work was awful though. STOP ZOOMING IN AND OUT!

that was sweet, and seemed like a much better venue than chamonix.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    it's inconceivable to me they make it so fucking hard to watch it. or maybe I'm just a maroon.
    Nope. They are the morons. I used to watch it too, it was always difficult to find and watch. Who uses DailyMotion anyway?

Considering trying to enter the Crystal Mtn four star FWQ in March. You have to pay $160 to be put on the wait list. Anyone know if they refund that money if you don't get in?

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    That winning run is sick.
    no kidding, that was awesome

I would like to see more small, pretty casual Freeride events, you could have something at almost every decent mountain, doesn't even need to be a qualifier just something for fun and to get more people into it. Juniors are great but no options for adults. Subaru is too hard to get into and as much as I would like to try all of the venues, I am not trying to get onto the fwt so what's the point? There isn't even a single event in Canada, didn't see castle putting on anything this year. I think they should definitely encourage more stylish smooth runs instead of rewarding risk, it sucks seeing people get hurt trying to chase a dream. I would love to push myself at a comp but I really don't want to fuck myself up so what's the point of going in one? And obviously the pros have nothing to prove so why would they want to enter? It was sick watching sage last year, a great way to encourage pros is to promote stylish runs on their home turf.

anyone find a link for the god damn replay today? all I can find is single run videos.

Only the women skied. The men will ski some other time. Apparently the venue was good enough for the women to bushwhack down but "the judges panel believe there are too many small bushes which can induce falls" (from the FWT facebook) to have the men ski it.

Lotten Rapp's winning run:
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2..._sport?start=1
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

yeah, saw that.... runs posted individually completely out of order or context. they don't even post the runs in proper running order.

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    Only the women skied. The men will ski some other time. Apparently the venue was good enough for the women to bushwhack down but "the judges panel believe there are too many small bushes which can induce falls" (from the FWT facebook) to have the men ski it.
    Poor form FWT, really poor form.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I guess Ashley Maxfield was the last woman to ski and crashed badly, got airlifted out. 3 top women runs not really spectacular imo, all three of them are badass skiers, goes to show how shit conditions were. I was at an event with Lotten a couple of years ago where she skied with a broken arm in a cast and got a podium finish. Nice seeing her on the big show. Hoping to see Ariana Tricomi move up from the FWQ next year, afaik first and so far only girl to successfully pull off tricks in comps.

No vid of Maxfield, no vid of Jacki Paseo, and there must be others that didn't get posted since there were supposedly 13 women on the start list and only 9 vids posted. The announcers should really figure out how to pronounce competitor's names. Sheesh. If they want this sport to succeed as a spectator sport they seriously need to get their shit together. Seems like broadcasts were better last year.
    Last edited by oftpiste; 01-31-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Conditions looked really thin; they should have just called off the whole thing.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

that too.

Last year they moved the Fieberbrunn stop to Kappl because Fieberbrunn wasn't skiable. Odd that they didn't do something similar this time. The Hochfügen venue from the FWQ4* was nice enough today. I guess Fieberbrunn resort would have been pissed.

edit: There is this on the FWT page as well. Very helpful

"GoPro course preview" from the Marokka Face of the 2nd event in Fieberbrunn Kitzbueheler Alpen by Martin 'McFly' Winkler.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152761644615958
    Last edited by klar; 01-31-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Any updates on Ashley Maxfield's condition?
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

FWT facebook says she is fine and on the way back to her hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Any updates on Ashley Maxfield's condition?
    From her Facebook:

Well no broken bones but my comp season is done, I left a massive piece of my leg on the venue, but I'm alive!! Feeling like ‪#‎FlyinRyanHawks‬ was looking out for me today, it could have been totally different! Feeling ‪#‎blessed‬

She is an old friend of mine from VT, sending vibes for a speedy recovery!!

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    No vid of Maxfield, no vid of Jacki Paseo, and there must be others that didn't get posted since there were supposedly 13 women on the start list and only 9 vids posted. The announcers should really figure out how to pronounce competitor's names. Sheesh. If they want this sport to succeed as a spectator sport they seriously need to get their shit together. Seems like broadcasts were better last year.
    With the merging of the tours we lost the one announcer who brought everything this far and who knew the histories of the athletes more than anyone. I cannot believe Frankie is not on that mic. I don't know why, but if was FWT's decision, they sure fucked that one up.

Totally agree. I miss Frankie's commentary.

gates could add something for the audience. another subjectively judged sport may be hard to relate to for many viewers. this only relevant if a bigger audience and budget is a goal at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    I don't understand this statement.
    Last edited by dvlr; 01-31-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Have to figure Frankie will be announcing the Subaru series, he has always worked MSI events so when FWT had MSI on board they had Frankie and Max.

FWT going downhill fast
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime