Thread: Vinyl Ain't Dead Yet...

Vinyl Ain't Dead Yet...

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

No, it certainly isn't. In fact, amongst the audiophiles and just plain weird, vinyl is making a comeback.

I've got a friend who although he has the money, has eshewed all things digital regarding music and has gone fully analog and retro...using an old vintage Macintosh tuner, preamp, amp and hi-grade vintage record player (the kind that can nearly play upside down) and a whole shitload of LPs. Nothing else...no iPods, etc. Oh, and he's got the thing hooked up to a professional set of amped 24" stage woofers that practically lift the roof off!!! Rest of the speakers are vintage Klipsch tweeters and mid-ranges in a 360 degree surround. The dude likes his music loud and fine.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Apparently we're in one of the cycles where stuff I never stopped doing is cool...again. Vinyl, flannel and work jeans...but somehow I'm still not cool. Wait, is tele coming back?