Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Darn those folks at Smith Optics, where's my maul?

I mean come on. So sick of foggy goggles and glasses. Sucked it up and bought a new set of I/OX Elite Turbos. Basically the most expensive goggles on the planet. The fan worked for a day. I shipped them back 2 weeks ago and today they tell me they "hope" to have them back from the repair department "sometime next week". Awesome. Except I leave to go skiing Monday with no goggles. "The repair department is busy this time of year, sir." Hey it's fucking winter, no shit. I guess "lifetime guarantee" means it takes a lifetime to get your shit fixed.

[/rant]

sorry
    Last edited by iceman; 01-24-2015 at 06:29 PM.

That's some bullshit right there. Last problem I had with a pair of spy goggles they shipped me replacements the same day I called without any foolishness.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Cue the contact lens or LASIK or maul suggestions.

FWIW, all outdoor companies are super slow with warranty/repairs in January. They have to dedicate a huge percentage of their staff to tradeshows, and shit gets backed up.

Not apologizing for Smith, but you'll have the same problem with almost any other company this time of year too. Which sucks.

Where are you going skiing? If CO, I'll lend you some goggles.

No shit. I missed the bit about foggy glasses. Why in the hell haven't you had your peepers lazered yet? Glasses are so 20th century man.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    damn dude they used to be rock solid lightning quick one of the best in the business
    ski ya tues i'll be your skiing eye dawg and white room guide
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I'm waiting on warranty returns from Salomon and Scarpa. Both of which were returned in mid-December. Seems to be par for the course this time of year.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Pretty sure Zeal makes the most expensive goggles in the world. http://www.backcountry.com/zeal-z3-l...ANTBLAU-ONESIZ $600 jesus
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Haven't had any fogging issues with my plain old IO goggles. You need a backup pair anyway. Smith has an Amazon store. Go overnight yourself a pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I have some crowbars I never wear I could send ya
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I've warrantied a few pairs of sunnies during the summer and have gotten really nice, really quick service. Sounds like you just hit it at a rough time.

Problem with Lasik is my close vision is perfect and they tell me it won't be after lasik, don't really want to make a trade. I tried contacts, I'm a pussy at putting things in my eyes.

Don't these people at Smith know who I am???? I'm a famous internet skier, man!!

yeah see ya Tues dibs

Maybe you can buy some at wherever you rent your skis from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

PM if interested
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Oh no need for that Ryan I can use my kids goggles, I'll be fine but thanks.

I get that it's their busy season and shit doesn't fix itself, I guess I was pissed because I called before I sent them back and the csr assured me they would just send a new pair right out. No dice on that apparently. Oh well.

PNW, good idea. They rent snowlerblades too, you should come with me.

Great. I just got a pair of those too. Only worn them once so far and no problems other than the connector popping out. Hopefully they hold up.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Having worked in the warranty dept of a goggle & sunglass co., I can attest to the slowness - it sucks. Generally, they're hugely understaffed and plagued with hundreds of sunglass returns from people that ran over their glasses and thought it was a "factory defect." 90% of those returns included lame, ranting messages and did not constitute a warranty, which ate up a lot of processing time.

Not that it's required or necessary, but every once in a while someone would send along something that was clearly their fault, but they wrote a cool note and included cookies or some small gift. For $5 worth of cookies, I would send them back two pairs of googles, a set or replacement lenses and a t-shirt via second day air. Now that I am on the consumer side, I always try to stoke out warranty guys and I almost always get taken care of. Just my $.02.

...granted, you should have been taken care of quicker than this on a brand new pair.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Great. I just got a pair of those too. Only worn them once so far and no problems other than the connector popping out. Hopefully they hold up.
    That happened about 10 times the first day, I think it's something with that plug that's the problem with mine. Good luck mang.

i like to buy my goggles at rest stops on the NY Thruway

always quality
    "up in the ski resorts, up in hills they move ki's and had skis making drops on snowmobiles"- GZA

Fuck Smith Optics

Quote Originally Posted by Kied View Post
    Having worked in the warranty dept of a goggle & sunglass co., I can attest to the slowness - it sucks. Generally, they're hugely understaffed and plagued with hundreds of sunglass returns from people that ran over their glasses and thought it was a "factory defect." 90% of those returns included lame, ranting messages and did not constitute a warranty, which ate up a lot of processing time.

Not that it's required or necessary, but every once in a while someone would send along something that was clearly their fault, but they wrote a cool note and included cookies or some small gift. For $5 worth of cookies, I would send them back two pairs of googles, a set or replacement lenses and a t-shirt via second day air. Now that I am on the consumer side, I always try to stoke out warranty guys and I always get taken care of. Just my $.02.
    Note to self - stuff a nug in the package with my next warranty claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Pretty sure Zeal makes the most expensive goggles in the world. http://www.backcountry.com/zeal-z3-l...ANTBLAU-ONESIZ $600 jesus
    HUD
    GPS
    Smartphone integration
    photochromatic
    polarized

That's a lot of shit to cram into a goggle... Imagine how pissed you'd be if you left those on the bar apres and they were gone when you went to get them back.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Note to self - stuff a nug in the package with my next warranty claim.
    Haha... yep, occasionally nugs were in there. Riskier, but appreciated.

I love my Turbo Phenoms with the ODS2 insert, fog free even while hiking in 32 degree snowfall the other day. A lot cheaper than Lasik, I paid $75(nearly new from gear swap) for the goggs and $71 for the insert.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    HUD
    Hammer Unrestrained Deer.

Sounds perfect.

Do they come with a denim strap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

No no it's Horrible Ugly Dentition.

Any Brit should've gotten that one first try.