Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RUSH R40!

RUSH R40!

The boys are back! Maybe the last one. San Jose 7/23 for me. Kinda sucks, much prefer Shoreline or even Concord, but hey, it's RUSH!

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like its a Tuesday night for me

I luv me sum RUSH!

Looks like jiffy lube again
    Last edited by scottyb; 01-22-2015 at 01:50 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Scored my tix for the Shark Tank. Only 6 more months. Might even snow before then.

Alex Lifeson was a guest on Toronto radio station Q107's Derringer in the Morning earlier today to chat about the upcoming R40 Live tour. When asked about the format and setlist for the R40 Live tour Alex had the following to say:

... That's always a tough one. We've already gone through a couple of different setlist scenarios. We've been doing some editing. Dropping some stuff. We have an idea about how we want to approach it in terms of the whole show from front to back. We're working on these production ideas. It's gonna be really, really cool. We're gonna have a lot of fun with it, and I think our fans are gonna really, really like this little musical trip that we're planning. ...
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

salesmen!

Got lawn tickees for Jiffy Lube, gonna hook a buddy up who is light on cash for a ride there and back.

Hold the red star proudly high in hand!
    watch out for snakes

I'm still looking. I want to take my 16 yo, but holy shit! For decent seats that'd be about 5-6 hundo. Fuck. That.

/rant
    What's really annoying is knowing that 2/3's of the good floor seats will be filled by rich techies who's knowledge of Rush is "Tom Sawyer and that Peart dude." What happened to ticketing? A buddy told me last night a guy was advertising 12 seats in a row up close at $3,000 per. How does an individual get his hands on 12 prime seats? I used to wait in line at the record store and score seats up front all the time. Now there's no chance.
    /end rant

Thats the ticketing world we live in today. Its all done with computers beating the system and the system lets it happen. It's truly criminal. One of the biggest abusers is TicketsNow.com, funny(not) how they are owned by TicketMaster, no conflict there right? They really need to get cracked open but I guess the "authorities" got bigger fish to fry like arresting kids for skiing behind a car or murdering someone for allegedly selling loose cigarettes.

Foo Fighters decided for their up coming tour that if you wanted the best seats, true fans would be given a decent shot. You had to wait on line at the venue. There were still a lot of line sitters (I guess it's still worth it to the scammers to pay someone $20-$25 an hour to sit in line). My brother and about 600 people slept out over nite to get us good seats.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I'm still looking. I want to take my 16 yo, but holy shit! For decent seats that'd be about 5-6 hundo. Fuck. That.
    I did pretty good at the pre-sale but my cost was still close to $350/pair and that's just regular face value.
    TM now also sells the VIP packages, which guarantees seats close to the stage and cost I think $300 for Silver & $400 for Gold.
    What a racket.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Yeah, I been close before, its pricey. I am happy to be there with my buddies and party on the lawn. My tickets still cost $50 a pop, $35 + 15 scalpers fee.
    watch out for snakes

This sounds exciting!

Neil Peart was Jim Ladd's guest on his Sirius XM Deep Tracks radio show this past Tuesday night for an extensive interview. Near the beginning, Neil talks about putting together the setlist for the upcoming tour, and says the following:

... As we started to plan this tour it was remarkable how in sync that we were about what we wanted to accomplish and express and present for people and how to go about it and working on the setlist and so on. Of course there were way too many songs, and so we said, "well, we'll play this song one night and we'll play this other song the other night", accommodating everybody's preferences and tastes. It's more than personal. You're thinking of the presentation of the band to an audience who have been around for decades also. So that they will have - not necessarily expectations - but you want to deliver something worthwhile as a statement that kind of encapsulates and punctuates that time together. I think we might call it "Jammin' to the Oldies" [laughs]. ... We want to do a complete chronological presentation of all that time too. It was just nice how easily those decisions were arrived at, and any time there was "too much", there was nobody saying, "I won't play that". There were too many songs that we all wanted to play and possibly resurrect as we've done and so we said, "well ok, we can do all those songs, just not all on the same night." ...

Tickets in hand, count down commences.
    watch out for snakes

i'm going to the tampa show!!! most i've ever paid for a ticket but what the hell.

its a RUSH kind of day

watch out for snakes

can not wait to see Alex do his slug solo
    watch out for snakes

Seriously! NOBODY plays a meaner slug (That I have seen).

GEFILTER!
    watch out for snakes

Austin,TX May 18. fuck yeah

Tour starts FRIDAY! WOOT!
    watch out for snakes

RUSH R40!

Long time rush fan.
    Went and saw them on the last tour Clockwork Angels I guess.
    Most disappointing show I'd seen from them.
    Probably mainly because I'm old school and they played the entire new album, which I didn't dig so much.

Snakes and Arrows was a much better tour. That said I'd probably go if they came CLT but they aren't this time for some reason. Actually kicking it off up in Greensboro, but I ain't making the drive.

Opening night setlist started a bit slow but sure picked up steam in the 2nd set.

http://www.rushisaband.com/rush/tour...enter-Tulsa-OK

^^not bad! is there anyone opening for rush?

I have not seen them have an opener for many years. Back in the day they always had one.
    watch out for snakes

yeah, i think the last opening band i saw with rush was jon butcher axis.

that pretty much dates me.

Sounds like they are hinting that this is the last tour.
    watch out for snakes