Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: dead50.com

Well shit. 2 of the three on my team, including, me got shut out again. The third guy hasn't heard. Looks like in watching from my couch unless one of you guys or someone else I know has an extra. Oh well. I'll win Wife points for not going back on "Dead" tour.

I got some extras for SC. Not good seats but I can sell at cost if anyone needs. I think I have 6 extra for each night

dead50.com

Quote Originally Posted by christoweber View Post
    I got some extras for SC. Not good seats but I can sell at cost if anyone needs. I think I have 6 extra for each night
    I'll take two for each! Thanks for helping out!

Pm sent
    Last edited by schwerty; 04-15-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Nicely done Chris, props for sharing with other mag heads...wish I could take you up on the offer.

They are side and rear stage so it's not like I'm ponying up great stuff. I'll be there but am angling for some better seats through friends so I may sell all 6. Comes out to 78 a ticket. Schwerty has dibs on 2 per night if he wants em.
    Sadly, Jerry won't be making an appearance. Should be interesting.

I'm in for both nights. STOKED. Rooms filled fast in SC, damn. Staying in Milpitas, prolly still cheaper to share a cab in with friends than pay $60 for parking each day. Bonus is the work meeting I have in Fremont on Friday; the travel is already a write off!

In for both nights.

Between The Phish from Vermont and The Grateful Dead-minus one, that's going to be a lot of shows this summer.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

I know SF pretty well but haven't spent much time around SC. I see rooms are mostly book in SC. So, for those of you familiar...where is the best are to stay?

Milpitas west side and Sunnyvale, or San Jose north-ish. All 'Silicon Valley', easy access to Levi's, 5-8 miles tops from airport. Some offer free shuttle service from SJC to hotel and back. Those rooms are booking quick, too. Best get on it. Just checked Expedia again, currently 1500 people online shopping for rooms in that area.

Don't book Executive Inn Milpitas, though, unless you like the cucarachas.

Ended up in SJ middle-western part of town. Rooms are booking quickly. Doesn't seem to be the price gouge that chitown saw tho.

Nice work.

Cupertino is another option very close to SC, for those who are still looking there are some decent rooms still left.

Dead-1 is a generous billing. I'd call it dead-65% + weird guitar - overall aging of everyone else, but I'm old.
    It'll be great to see old friends, do some riding, and visit the bay for the first time in a while.
    Booked the Marriott across the way there a while back, so I'm psyched. Came through w some floor ga as well. Probably still have 4 obstructed view seats for each night for sale at cost. Pm if interested

PS--YouTube voodoonola's set 2 of 3-22-85 for some 20th anniversary fun. Smokin'

Trey will not disappoint, but admittedly, I'm a fan. I'm early 40s, was too poor in college to pay/travel to see GD like some of my friends with student loans coming out of my ass and two jobs... Saw them once on a whim in Vegas while visiting family mid-90s and regretted not trying harder to make it work back then to see them more, but that's the way it goes. Next thing you know JG was dead. But I'm thankful for all the tapes I got from friends back then, fueled the fire...

I'm very much looking forward to the SC shows regardless if it's in a stadium. Reserved P1 sec 109 on Sat and P2 sec 205 on Sun. The sound should be good from there despite the far out view. I've only been to a few other stadium shows and the sound was always best from the back end rather than the side, not sure why but depends on acoustics I guess.

I *may* try to trade both Sun P2s for GA pit tix if my friend backs out (his dad died on June 26 last year so he may have to go back east to spend with fam, they were really close). Might as well try to make some friends to dance with if I'm going solo.

I got shut out for Chi but I'm perfectly content not heading to the midwest mid-summer during a holiday. I'm still pulling for a streaming service (fingers crossed) for those three days. Fuck spending that time in a theater, that's ridic.

dead50.com

movie theater--Not sure they would undercut that with home streaming? Kids were spinning in the aisles and lighting up for the gd movie re release. Lame

I heard they were going to offer both theater and home streaming for Chicago. Supposedly, the Pink Garter will have the shows here in JH. Ok spot. Doubtful there will be many young spinners clogging the aisles there. Might give it a shot one night unless I end up in Chicago. My couch is pretty damn comfy though.

Any word on the SB shows webcast?

Looks like pay per view announced for all those Sc and chi shows

Quote Originally Posted by christoweber View Post
    Looks like pay per view announced for all those Sc and chi shows
    good deal!
    like $80 for all five shows on the pre-sale which begins on May 1st.
    stoke!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    good deal!
    like $80 for all five shows on the pre-sale which begins on May 1st.
    stoke!
    That's reasonable.

I'm on the fence with CA. Four friends are in and they have a hotel room for me. They all live about 2k+ miles closer than me though. Maybe...

Gd shows with John Mayer announced today. No dates, but that's the plan. Haters will hate, but he can play.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Gd shows with John Mayer announced today. No dates, but that's the plan. Haters will hate, but he can play.
    He can rip on guitar. Announced with no dates is interesting.

Interesting addition. He can definitely shred on the bluesy folky dead but it'll be interesting to see how he plays in a deep darkstar or eyes of the world

^

He certainly can play but that is an addition that does absolutely nothing to interest me. Of all the players out there this one reeks of "who can we get after Trey is done to sell the most tiks."

Just printing the $$$ if that's the case and all 4 are on board, which would surprise the hell out me.
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 04-24-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Big $. At least Jill will write the set lists--that'll make it authentic.

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/122477