Interviews with those who have skied the Fourteeners

OK, right off the bat, I know the whole "ski the 14ers" thing is easy for some to hate on, so don't read this if you're one of those.

Otherwise, the better half (mtnbikerskierchick) spent a lot of time interviewing everyone that we know of who have skied or boarded the 14ers(except Dav, too busy I guess). I thought it was really interesting, it was surprising how often the answers were similar, or even exactly the same. I loved it, and a lot of it pertains to setting any goal. Hope you enjoy reading it, too- links below:

PART 1

PART 2

Jordan is also the youngest to have completed it, in addition to being the 5th person overall. Might wanna mention that, seems pretty important/relevant...

Cool write-up. Not sure why Dav wouldn't reply, I can ask him next time I see him.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Cool write-up. Not sure why Dav wouldn't reply, I can ask him next time I see him.
    I think he did reply and say he was interested, but never answered the questions. Like I said, I'm sure he just didn't have time. We could always add him in

Excellent, thanks for posting. Easy to hate on? Maybe if you haven't done it. Even most of the "easy" objectives are fairly big days out.

Cool post yo!

Thanks for posting. Very interesting read, and cool to get the different perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Jordan is also the youngest to have completed it, in addition to being the 5th person overall. Might wanna mention that, seems pretty important/relevant...
    Yes, Jordan is the youngest person, and while relevant, I'm not sure of its importance. If I were to go there, then I'd start saying that Matt Kamper was the oldest to do it. I was the youngest woman, and Christy was the oldest (actually, I don't know how old Christy is, so it's possible it could be reversed). No need to turn this into an Everest-style sort of thing, looking for the latest records (We all did the 14ers w/o oxygen. Maybe someone can do it with? ). The fact is, Jordan did them. I watched him transform from a clumsy kid into a man of self-confidence while skiing the fourteeners. He was essential to me being able to finish my fourteener goal, as is true in the case of others, like Joe Brannen. To me, that kind of recognition is more important than being dubbed the "youngest" - which undoubtedly will change as time goes on. He was 5th, and to paraphrase Jarrett, no one can take that away from him.

Related to other discussions - Just to clarify, I interacted with Chris Davenport a few different times. But, he was just too swamped. Answering the questions I desired the interviewees to answer certainly required both thought and time. Dav's schedule is pretty dang busy this time of year. It just didn't happen. But, I would have loved to hear what he had to say, as would others, I'm sure.
    Last edited by mtnbikerskierchick; 01-15-2015 at 12:40 AM.
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein