Thread: Jazz Fest 2015

Jazz Fest 2015

The artists are out:

Friday April 24:

Keith Urban, Wilco, Jimmy Cliff, Hozier, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Nicholas Payton, Butler, Bernstein & The Hot 9, Wayne Toups, Snarky Puppy, Lágbájá of Nigeria, La Santa Cecilia, Jimmie Vaughan & the Tilt A Whirl Band feat. Lou Ann Barton, Sunpie & the Louisiana Sunspots, Royal Teeth, Brass-A-Holics, Honey Island Swamp Band, ++

Saturday April 25

The Who, John Legend, Ryan Adams, Robert Cray, Juvenile and Mannie Fresh Together, Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk with special guest Art Neville, Shovels & Rope, Cassandra Wilson, John P. Kee & New Life, Kenny Garrett, The Revivalists, Vieux Farka Touré, Big Sam's Funky Nation, Sonny Landreth, ++

Sunday April 26

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band, Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, Pitbull, Allen Toussaint, Delbert McClinton, Irma Thomas, Angelique Kidjo, Irvin Mayfield and the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra, Shirley Caesar, BWB featuring Rick Braun, Kirk Whalum & Norman Brown, Rebirth Brass Band, Béla Fleck and Abigail Washburn, Tribute to Jelly Roll Morton featuring Henry Butler, BeauSoleil avec Michael Doucet: 40th Anniversary with special guests, Cowboy Mouth,++

Thursday April 30

Widespread Panic, Third World, Alison Krauss & Union Station, The Word, Lil' Ed and The Blues Imperials, Cyril Neville, Sturgill Simpson, Bonerama, Amanda Shaw & the Cute Guys, Kierra Sheard, Monty Alexander: Harlem-Kingston Express, Terrance Simien & the Zydeco Experience, Robert "Bilbo" Walker & the California Dolls, Rosie Ledet & the Zydeco Playboys, Shamarr Allen & the Underdawgs, Amanda Shires, Eric Lindell, Eagle & Hawk, Meschiya Lake & the Little Big Horns, Stephanie Jordan Big Band, The Iguanas,++

Friday May 1

No Doubt, Chicago, Anthony Hamilton, Galactic featuring Macy Gray, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Paloma Faith, Estelle, Cécile McLorin Salvant, Shooter Jennings with Waymore's Outlaws, Rockin' Dopsie, Jr. & the Zydeco Twisters, Voice of the Wetlands All-Stars, Christian Scott, Gurrumul, The Gospel Soul of Irma Thomas, Gal Holiday & the Honky Tonk Revue, Marc Broussard, Donald Harrison, Jr., Luther Kent & Trickbag, Charmaine Neville Band, PresHall Brass, Sasha Masakowski, Rev. John Wilkins, Delfeayo Marsalis & the Uptown Jazz Orchestra,++

Saturday May 2

Elton John, Ed Sheeran, T.I., Jerry Lee Lewis, Aaron Neville, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, The Taj Mahal Trio, Charles Lloyd Quartet, Kermit Ruffins & the BBQ Swingers, Big Freedia "Queen of Bounce", Marcia Ball, Vintage Trouble, Pastor Marvin Sapp, New Orleans Classic R&B Divas feat. The Dixie Cups, Wanda Rouzan, and Jean Knight, Dee-1, Davell Crawford presents "To Fats with Love", The Terence Blanchard E-Collective, The Soul Rebels,++

Sunday May 3!!

TBA, Steve Winwood, The O'Jays, Kacey Musgraves, Buddy Guy, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Maze featuring Frankie Beverly, The Meters feat. Art Neville, Leo Nocentelli, George Porter, Jr., and Joseph "Zigaboo" Modeliste, Spirit of Satch: Dr. John interprets Louis Armstrong, the Radiators, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Kermit Ruffins' Tribute to Louis Armstrong, Buckwheat Zydeco, John Boutté, Tab Benoit, Anders Osborne, Christian McBride Big Band with special guests Dianne Reeves and Jeffrey Osborne, Deacon John, Royal Southern Brotherhood, Walter "Wolfman" Washington & the Roadmasters, George Porter, Jr. & Runnin' Pardners, Pine Leaf Boys: Louisiana Music, Big Chief Bo Dollis & the Wild Magnolias, Glen David Andrews, Ironing Board Sam, Kim Carson & the Real Deal, Jeff Floyd, Jason Marsalis, Treme Brass Band,+++++

website

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

i'm thinking about hitting second weekend....Thursday and Sunday, FiyaFest assuming it happens on Friday, eat/drink around town Saturday...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Bought the damn plane ticket last night, Tuesday thru Tuesday. Staying at the same Motel 6 in Gentilly, for the same $50/night. They just announced Lenny Kravitz on the 2nd Sunday, i'll probably miss his and Trombone Shorty's closing set at Acura. If stages shake out like folks are guessing, i'll be going from Anders Osborne then Steve Winwood over to Radiators then the Meters to close..

Sturgill Simpson is awesome. Make an effort to see him play if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Sturgill Simpson is awesome. Make an effort to see him play if you can.
    I will, thanks for the rec-
    Only thing that will stop me is if it gets in the way of seeing Allison Krause. My fear is that she and Widespread will both be closing acts...tough choices!

Non-fairground shows are starting to align...

Wed- street party with Kung Fu, The Heard and Leftover Salmon; then St Paul and Broken Bones; or Kung Fu doing the Steely Dan album Royal Scam.
    Thurs- Terrance Blanchard leading a 2nd line to JF from the City Park, then back there after JF for Neville Jacobs and Royal Southern Brotherhood [check this],
    Saturday/Sun-Joe Russo's Almost Dead; and/or try for Voodoo Dead w/Kreutzman, Kimock, Keller, Schools and Chimenti- or other New Orleans song like ShamarrFest...
    Monday- Frenchman Street, finishing with The Nth Power at the Blue Nile...

woot!

Fucking crazy lineups. I need to get down there sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Fuk I should go. My buddy is also getting married there with festivities surrounding jazz fest. Plane tix look $$$$$$$ from the north east.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Fuk I should go. My buddy is also getting married there with festivities surrounding jazz fest. Plane tix look $$$$$$$ from the north east.
    If you have time a tuesday to tuesday ticket is cheapest. Some take the train down too i think...

starts tomorrow, anybody going? Y'all fkn should, if you haven't.
    Fly out Tuesday for a week. Only bought two night show tix so far, Anders Osborne and Alejandro Escovedo...still trying for a Voodoo Dead ticket for sunday...
    stoked is an understatement...

I'm down and out. Got nothing for you. Have fun!
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.