Question Dynafit Topsheet Anti Stick Spray

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Dynafit Topsheet Anti Stick Spray? (was not allowed to add link, google it )
    And did it actually work?

I have thought about it several times when I've been touring and snow has be sticking to my skis: "This snow adds a lot of weight!"
    Especially for long tours of 1500-2000m elevation gain, this weight on your skis can make it a lot more exhausting.

What is the point of lightweight boots, skis and bindings if you're dragging along 0,5 kg of snow on each ski?

Next time you wax your skis take a handful of the freshly scraped wax fluff... And rub it over your top sheet. Problem solved.

Haven't tried the Dfit spray, but Zardoz Notwax is by far the best thing I've found so far. Doesn't last long, needs to be reaplied every day or two on the snow.

Beater fix:

I've not found regular wax to make a difference, so if the Dynafit stuff works I'd be curious

wait a minute- just googled it and a little spray bottle costs 50 euros?? Is it liquid gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    I've not found regular wax to make a difference, so if the Dynafit stuff works I'd be curious

wait a minute- just googled it and a little spray bottle costs 50 euros?? Is it liquid gold?
    It's made from unicorn feathers. You've never seen a unicorn with snow stuck to it, have you?

I had some of this sailkote in my garage a few years ago so I tried it and it worked great. have been using ever since. ~$20 /can.

I once tried a comparo with rain-x on one ski and sailkote on the other and sailkote was the clear winner. lasts longer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    I had some of this sailkote in my garage a few years ago so I tried it and it worked great. have been using ever since. ~$20 /can.

I once tried a comparo with rain-x on one ski and sailkote on the other and sailkote was the clear winner. lasts longer too.
    What makes that product a "dry lubricant"?

I have a silicone lube spray I use for other things but it's delivered via a liquid... not sure if it's the same kind of thing or not.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

goes on as liquid spray then it dries pretty much instantly once it's applied, then stays lubricated.
    I'm sure there's a ton of similar stuff. I just know the marine world is keen on sailkote.

but mostly I just had some in my garage.

Most dry lubes are wax based.

Pam spray ftw.

Snow Shed Wax Co.

There is now a product specifically designed to reduce snow build up on your topsheets (and much more affordable than Dynafit's spray). Check out Snow Shed Wax Company.

Last winter I got sick of lugging around snow on my skis and started to research what products were available. Nothing really worked that well and so I looked into creating my own product. The result is Snow Shed's Anti-Stick Topsheet Spray, which is a water-based silicone lubricant.

I realize that I'm probably not supposed to "advertise" on this forum but thought that this group would want to know.

Given the propensity of ski makers to put black topsheets on touring skis, you'll probably sell some spray.

Anyone tried with car wax?
    The thick liquid sort that you apply, let dry and eventually polish with a cloth?

Quote Originally Posted by Double Daffy View Post
    There is now a product specifically designed to reduce snow build up on your topsheets (and much more affordable than Dynafit's spray). Check out Snow Shed Wax Company.

Last winter I got sick of lugging around snow on my skis and started to research what products were available. Nothing really worked that well and so I looked into creating my own product. The result is Snow Shed's Anti-Stick Topsheet Spray, which is a water-based silicone lubricant.

I realize that I'm probably not supposed to "advertise" on this forum but thought that this group would want to know.
    Please explain your product.

Quote Originally Posted by PNB View Post
    Anyone tried with car wax?
    The thick liquid sort that you apply, let dry and eventually polish with a cloth?
    Tried it, barely better than nothing. Zardoz Notwax works, probably the same silicone that Double Daffy is selling.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Given the propensity of ski makers to put black topsheets on touring skis, you'll probably sell some spray.
    I wonder if that is just some popular BC myth cuz last time I toured I noticed the guide had all white topsheets while I had all black AND we both had lots of snow on our topsheets

yeah i've tried Rain X , wax and silicone they all work to some degree, they require frequent reapplication and when you pick the skis up they will be more slippery than deer guts on a door knob
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I wonder if that is just some popular BC myth cuz last time I toured I noticed the guide had all white topsheets while I had all black AND we both had lots of snow on our topsheets

yeah i've tried Rain X , wax and silicone they all work to some degree, they require frequent reapplication and when you pick the skis up they will be more slippery than deer guts on a door knob
    The difference between white and black skis isn't apparent in all snow conditions. #blackskismatter

Yeah that was obvious and so what are those conditions?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Dynafit Topsheet Anti Stick Spray

Generally when the topsheet has time to heat up in the sun and you then encounter cold snow (ie in the shade). Depends on duration in sun and shade, outdoor air temps, etc

Had black MadenAKs back in the day, damn things would warm up on the lift and then once you get in the pow the topsheet would get a nice thick frozen layer of snow and then a few more inches would pile on. Usually had 3" of heavy snow on the entire length on days when the temp was just right (sunny and just below freezing), and trying to keep it scraped off was a futile exercise.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 10-20-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post

It's probablee that price because its likely a pure fluorocarbon liquid... and probably a really good idea to use as breath freshener too.