Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Brutal dood, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Shit dude that's a crazy story, you seem to have a good attitude about it though. Nothing you can do at this point except deal with it, which you seem to be doing. Good luck on your rehab.

I'm not a big fan of our litigious society, but they fucked up pretty bad and I'm guessing a lawyer might be able to get you some sort of settlement, at least enough to cover your deductible and costs etc. Maybe more. Rehabbing from an unnecessary hamstring surgery would fall under my definition of pain and suffering.
    Ya I'll post an update as I navigate this week.. I do have a good relationship with my surgeon who is also one of the top docs in Colorado so kind of a weird situation (pretty sure the MA wasn't his staff but part of the surgery center staff, still have to sort this all out) but also I think it's more than fair for me to pursue getting my deductible covered here in exchange for my wasted hamstring lol.

Week 12 is in full swing, feeling pretty good. PT is going great, no rollbacks so far.

Ripped up six miles of bike path over the weekend, FKNA!

It's fun to get out on the bike eh? I've developed a new appreciation for my mountain bike. But still, can't wait until I can hike to the top of Mt. Helena and back down again. Right now at 20 weeks I go about halfway. I'm sure I could hike to the top, but it's the downhill...a helicopter assist would be nice.

Still have a little minor swelling, what's up with that? Anybody else have persistent swelling 5-6 months out? Doc says it's the bit of meniscus that he trimmed, still healing. PT says it's the joints still taking pressure that should be going onto the muscles. Or could it be the bone bruising? I dunno. Doesn't really affect me much, just kind of wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    It's fun to get out on the bike eh?
    Totally fun, crushed another 12 on the path today. I don't have much in the way of swelling, no meniscus work tho.

My wife ran her first race post injury this weekend. A 2 day relay kinda deal. It's still the down that sucks. Good luck to everyone....downhill ride to snow now.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

cleared for "jump" training, and instructed to run. got a brace (BREG). Doc said my graft is rock solid.

going home, and running.

Six months out, back on top of Mt. Helena earlier this week (1,200 feet elevation gain/loss from the downtown trailhead). Went again today. Starting to think skiing by December isn't a pipe dream after all. Got a new pair of groomer skis all mounted and ready to go!

Good to read through this thread and see a lot of people getting back strong. I was in class of 2011 and class of 2013... good times.

If anyone of you are looking into get a BREG brace, I'm selling mine (switched to snowboarding, not wearing a brace)

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...e-brace-(Left)

Good luck on everyones recovery!

Hello fellow ACL classmates. I had full tear of ACL, partial MCL, partial LCL, R laterial meniscus tear, R medial meniscus tear, and a fracture of posterior medial tibial plateau on 3/24/15. 29 y/o M, ski patroller, active.

Surgery was 5/15/15- two simple meniscal suture repeairs and double hamstrings autograft ACL repair.

The tibial plateau fracture was missed by two surgeons and a radiologist on my first MRI, leading to some permanent collapse of my tibial plateau. I think this collapse is located directly under my medial meniscal repair- because the MMT did not heal correctly.

PT went fine, except for persistent swelling, lack of ROM, (0 to -2 ext. & 137 flexion, compared with -12 & 150 other leg.), and persistent pain descending stairs.

Second MRI 9/18/15 - cyclops lesion of arthrofibrosis on anterior knee- possibly ACL graft overgrowth. Tibial plateau collapse, medial meniscal repair failure.

Currently debating my options on surgery #2. Definitely getting the scar tissue removed- but am concerned my doctor is going to remove a significant portion of my medial meniscus. Feel as though the bone should be addressed first, and then explore stem cell therapies, as it was a simple linear tear.

Anyone else been in this boat?
    Last edited by yaadood; 10-31-2015 at 02:55 PM.

^^Sorry but I can't comment on your situation. Good luck.

In the past couple weeks I've put 60-plus miles of off-trail mountain hiking on my knee in pursuit of elk, and I have to say I'm amazed at how well it's doing. I've hiked some seriously gnarly jackstraw and steep rocky shit and as long as I'm careful I feel very confident. I wear the Don Love brace. At first I carried a trekking pole (with a rifle rest mounted on top) but I ditched that as unnecessary after my first hunt. It throws my balance off when carrying a rifle.

So...this is nine months out from surgery, but even two months ago I could not have imagined this level of activity. So I'm getting more and more psyched for ski season. I've worked damn hard on rehab but I also think time plays a big part too. This is my first major injury/surgery and it's been quite a journey.

@yaadood that sounds like no fun; your injury was much more severe than mine.

Today is my six month post-op anniversary and my cutter said: "You can do anything you want!"
    I said: " I already bought my ski pass!"

WOO-HOO!

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Today is my six month post-op anniversary and my cutter said: "You can do anything you want!"
    I said: " I already bought my ski pass!"

WOO-HOO!

Right on! Bought my pass too.

Nice work

Bought mine for this year a few weeks after I had surgery last March. It was tough but I had faith! Plus I needed to get the early-bird discount or couldn't afford it...Big Sky really jacks up the price if you don't commit early. But I am ready to roll now.

First day back on skis today!

Everything seems to work like it used to ... still a bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    First day back on skis today!

Everything seems to work like it used to ... still a bad ass.

Congrats man

Bad luck for me this year as I tore my ACL just three turns into the 15/16 season. I can share more but am wondering if I should kick off a new class of 2016 thread for this season's injuries. Thoughts?

New year....new thread. Vibes
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by snowgage View Post
    Bad luck for me this year as I tore my ACL just three turns into the 15/16 season. I can share more but am wondering if I should kick off a new class of 2016 thread for this season's injuries. Thoughts?
    Holy-bajinga.

Sorry man.