Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

who is the best female extreme skier?

who is the best female extreme skier? i am talking only about extreme skiing, it doesnt matter how good they are at terrain park

post your answer here and also in this poll http://strawpoll.me/3357172

i think angel is the best

Hugh Conway.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

spook

Please provide a definition of "extreme"
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Please provide a definition of "extreme"
    He did.....

Quote Originally Posted by gnarhuckerr View Post
    it doesnt matter how good they are at terrain park)
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Simple answer. Miss "gnarhuckerr." That being you, guy (or gal).

I competed a little bit in the 90s, coached my ex-wife around the women's free skiing circuit from 1998 through 2002, was involved in various capacities in 10 years of Red Mountain comps, and have watched pretty much everything that has ever been webcast, and the only time I can recall seeing a woman ski a line that would have cracked top 3 in the men's was Charlotte Moats in Whistler, in 2000.

That's like 10 kabillion gnar points to pull out Charlotte Moats' name.
    She slayed her way onto the scene for a year or two and then went home.
    Those were some wonderfully defining years in the freeride scene.

wot a crock of shit !!!

only 9 to choose from ???

Janina Kuzma !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

I think you guys are getting confused about what 'extreme skiing' is.

The answer to the question is obviously some French chick we have never, and will never, hear of.

Given that most of the ladies who rip don't get coverage like the guys do, peeps should forward this thread on to the girls that get mentioned.

I always feel like obscure pros need to know that people remember how hard they charged.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    I think you guys are getting confused about what 'extreme skiing' is.

The answer to the question is obviously some French chick we have never, and will never, hear of.
    Or any Swiss, Austrian or US ski teamer.

Anja basically dragged Charlotte down the 24 Hours of Aspen course.

^^^meaningless

While I'm reminiscing, my favourite women's free-skiing anecdote is the blaze of glory of Bridget Mead. Bridget grew up on 76,000 acre sheep farm in the southern alps (glaciers on the property where they had a plane, a jet boat and a helicopter) of New Zealand, and was a force of nature. This dreadlocked, constantly laughing, young drifter showed up in Rossland and in the early 90s, and fell in with our crew of dirt-bag ski bums at Red Mountain. Initially lacking in deep snow technique, but overflowing with enthusiasm, she cartwheeled her way around the mountain trying to keep up, and eventually charged as hard as any of us. In 1997 five of us squeezed into a beat up sedan and road tripped through Montana. The trip corresponded with an extreme skiing comp at Bridger Bowl, and at our encouraging Bridget spent the last of her meagre savings (from working illegally crewing a fishing boat in Alaska) to enter. She won convincingly, and stoked beyond belief, cashed her winnings, said her goodbyes, and joined the circus. She won Crested Butte by a huge margin (demolishing Wendy Fisher in the process), won Kirkwood, and headed for Valdez. No sponsors, no savings, just skiing cheque to cheque. I wasn't there, but in the video (search Bridget Mead Alaska) which did the rounds of everything from New Zealand's 60 Minutes to the Guinness Book of Records TV show, she loses control at the top of her run, and tumbles thousands of feet to the bottom. Head injuries took years to recover from, and she now runs the family farm.

Thee one skiing with me on any day.

That's a great story, thanks for sharing it!...Gnarfuckerr I think you might have to head down to New Zealand and unite with your ripper chick soulmate at last. And just think, if it doesn't work out there are plenty of sheep to keep you company! Bridget Mead, I salute you.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

The best female extreme skier? I agree, probably some random French chick we will never know the name of. But how can you ever pick a number one when there is so much talent and the only thing that sets them apart is their style?

Probably Ingrid.

Or some unknown French chick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

So I googled Charlotte Moats to get a good image, and look what pops up.....

Tough night Mr. Jones?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    While I'm reminiscing, my favourite women's free-skiing anecdote is the blaze of glory of Bridget Mead. Bridget grew up on 76,000 acre sheep farm in the southern alps (glaciers on the property where they had a plane, a jet boat and a helicopter) of New Zealand, and was a force of nature. This dreadlocked, constantly laughing, young drifter showed up in Rossland and in the early 90s, and fell in with our crew of dirt-bag ski bums at Red Mountain. Initially lacking in deep snow technique, but overflowing with enthusiasm, she cartwheeled her way around the mountain trying to keep up, and eventually charged as hard as any of us. In 1997 five of us squeezed into a beat up sedan and road tripped through Montana. The trip corresponded with an extreme skiing comp at Bridger Bowl, and at our encouraging Bridget spent the last of her meagre savings (from working illegally crewing a fishing boat in Alaska) to enter. She won convincingly, and stoked beyond belief, cashed her winnings, said her goodbyes, and joined the circus. She won Crested Butte by a huge margin (demolishing Wendy Fisher in the process), won Kirkwood, and headed for Valdez. No sponsors, no savings, just skiing cheque to cheque. I wasn't there, but in the video (search Bridget Mead Alaska) which did the rounds of everything from New Zealand's 60 Minutes to the Guinness Book of Records TV show, she loses control at the top of her run, and tumbles thousands of feet to the bottom. Head injuries took years to recover from, and she now runs the family farm.
    I just watched that video.... it's a bit sickening seeing her totally limp body flail down the mountain. Glad she eventually recovered.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Define what makes someone the best. Define extreme. Although actually it doesn't matter, define it any way you want. It's someone 99% of the ski world has never heard of.

By my definition, the most badass female skier I am aware of is Cornelia Zamernik.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Is "extreme" the same as "Xtreme!"

Where's that photo of SuPu in his NF Extreme fart bag?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

he has been skiing in a nice bogner recently. looks aspen extreme.

well, as pointed out in your other thread, to determine the best extreme skier, it should have noting to do with extremes. i mean, if she can't park ski, how will we ever know if she skids turns on the groomer.

Does tucking for matter?