Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Singapore Mtbr

Performing my Uncle duties visiting nieces and nephews, and the myriad other relatives on that side of the family. Every few years my wife and I go back, make the rounds, and try to get in some R&R.

It was either we visit SG or they all come to Vancouver and expect us to play tour guide to Whistler and take them to every Asian restaurant in Richmond!!

Currently doing 1,064 km/hr over the Philippines sea somewhere.

Proof that we arrived in Japan safely, Hello Kitty Airways
    Last edited by puregravity; 01-25-2015 at 01:02 PM.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Oh god those bike prices. That S-Works Demo Sam Hill edition was $10k USD when it launched in 2013.

Bumping this up because my wife and I took a last minute emergency trip to Singapore to see family. Headed out to Bukit Timah yesterday morning thinking we'd rent bikes and check out the trail. Unfortunately, they were closed with no reason why. So we hiked. Hiking is boring and sweaty.
    Did see these awesome signs though:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3319.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	202723

Name:	IMG_3323.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	202727
    Last edited by jm2e; 03-17-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

Name:	IMG_3319.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	202723
    o-face

now I need a cigarette
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Nice trip report. I go to SG a couple times a year on business and would never thought to rent a mtn.bike. I may now consider it if I can get everything in my carry on.

Yes, Singapore is great. When I realized that there was no progress and no growth, I decided to open a business. In your business, you have to be responsible for everything - from legal and financial issues to the domestic aspects. And if now, working in an office, you do not think about who pays for the coffee in the kitchen and the toilet paper, then, becoming an entrepreneur, you will find out how much it costs to maintain employees. There are quite a few ideas on how to start your own business. Incorporation in Singapore is what came to my mind. And I understand you very well, why help someone without benefiting from it.
    Last edited by Tolkien; 12-20-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Yes, Singapore is great.
    Still though? A lot can change in four and a half years…

I mean, it was a British colony. In theory Tolkien could have visited. Before The War.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Bumping thread as I might be moving to Singapore next August for 10 months.

I don't see any of these old photos. Where bike prices High or Low? Trying to figure out if I should ship my FS bike, or buy something used when I get there.