f**k off and go fish.....

so this summer im changing up my life priority and I am gonna ditch the rent and go fuck off and fish for the summer. I have a good idea where im gonna be in april, july, augs, and septemeber, but my june may-june and oct-nov months are still pretty up in the air. any 1 have suggestions for those months? I was hoping to get a small rv/bus to park use for the trip, but for now it looks like ill be living in my toyota, so im looking for areas with BLM/free camping and ofc good fishing. open to all sorts of speicies/water systems.

post here or pm me if the info is to top secert. my info will come as winter dies down, would be super cool to host/be hosted by some jongs along the way.

wanting to stay in WA OR ID MT, most WA and OR for reasons im sure u can imagine. I have never fished central oregon, how is it in may-june?

Your schedule gaps might work for East Idaho. The season's best big bug action comes on the heels of the runoff. Late June is usually peak stonefly season in east Idaho. Drake hatches begin around that time as well. If throwing big dry flies is the thing, then this must be the place. Of course, it's impossible to predict the runoff cycle in January. But, most El Nino winters bring average to well below average snowpack and tend to have an early spring so runoff will probably be winding down mid June to late June. I focus on picking morels while the streams are muddy. The Henry's has a short runoff cycle and lots of bugs during June but it also sees its largest crowds while the other regional streams finish runoff. Once the South Fork and the Montana rivers are fishable, the crowds spread out. Early July features multiple hatches with pmds and yellow sallies becoming the daily staple along with the drakes and stoneflies. You can join the "experts" on the Henry's but the watershed also has four tributary rivers and several major alpine creeks so there's always somewhere to go find solitude and easy trout. These are fertile waters so even the smaller creeks have some 14-16"ers lurking with the dinks. Variety? It runs from spring creek conditions, steep pocket water, high desert rivers, tail waters, meadows, alpine forest streams and there's low country and high country hatch timing. There's lots of places that rarely get fished, if bushwacking off trail through grizzly country appeals to you. I like October for waters that get too much pressure during the high season. When the weather cooperates with calm, sunny days, October features some of the year's finest small dry as well as sight fishing with streamers in the clearest water of the season plus its blissfully uncrowded, no skeeters or deer flies. Or it could be howling winds and freeze ass cold in October. Usually, it's both at some point. Maybe the best thing for the visiting angler is that Idaho has one of the nation's most generous stream access rules and 75% of the land is public anyways. $98 for non-resident license but free camping is plentiful.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 01-03-2015 at 10:40 AM.

I have some decent fishery job leads right now in Oregon and Idaho (on the research side). I'd definitely be interested in meeting up if I get out there (on the east coast now)!