Beta on Revelstoke/Micah Creek Area

Heading up in a month and heard the snow and snow pack is shit.
    Anyone have some concrete info?

Snow is good. Was shit, early pineapple express screwed things up for a bit, but you wouldn't know it now. Pack is complicated, as it is everywhere, every year. If there are real demons in that pineapple crust then it still hasn't shown itself, things step down to it now and then but nothing too crazy. Other than that, buried hoar layers, business as usual. Heard north of Golden (and by a lot of extension/reaching) possibly Mica too is more low tide than the Golden area, but I dunno. Mica gets retarded snow so I'm sure you wouldn't really know it.

Was at Chatter Creek north of Golden from 12/30 - 1/2. Low tide for sure, and Dec 18th surface hoar layer is big and spooky. Guides were kicking off class 2+ (would destroy a truck) avis with simple ski cuts. We didn't get on anything over 35 degrees i would guess.

The general consensus around the place is that surface hoar layer is in for the season.

Looking for an update on interior BC in general Kamloops->Golden (Sun Peaks, Revy, KH). Heading out to Vancouver Saturday and spending a week driving west to Golden before flying into Fairy Meadows. Is there any descent snow or should I stay in Squamish and ride bikes??? Mostly stoked to be in the mountains and find some decent touring and skiing (read: not ice crust T to B) as I have not been to the interior before. Not expecting epicness and I am aware of current snowpack issues. Some cold temps and snow in next week's forecast, fingers crossed...

Any beta or recommendations for trans BC excursion next week greatly appreciated...
    "Why do I always get more kisses on powder days?" -my wife

Ask leelue. He's in the pass now. Sounds "moist"

Stay in Squamish and ride bikes. It's shit right now. Mtnlion feel free to repost the FB video and photos. Thank Allah you're not stuck in FM right now

thanks for the reply, I think. keepittogetherkeepittogetherkeepittogether.
    "Why do I always get more kisses on powder days?" -my wife

Was just sled skiing in the Dogtooth Range and found good winter conditions after the meltdown anywhere between 7500 ft on north aspects and 8000 and up on east and west. So... limited vertical but upper bowls were nice. Some nice surface hoar forming the last few days as well... Heard it had gotten warmer on the Revelstoke side.

Should be getting some fresh stuff over the next few days. Mica Heli has some decent weather and snow information for that remote area ...http://www.micaheli.com/conditions

Coldsmoke, If we get a bit of snow and want to tour, i'll be heading out somewhere between Mica and Revelstoke on Monday/Tuesday...

Skiing RMR last weekend and the hill had all conditions each run. Powder at the very top, slush 1/2 way down, and everything else in between. Good coverage but losing snow below freezing.

Too hard to ski, better to tan.

Was at Rev two days ago on Monday. It was bluebird the entire day. The temp was just below freezing at mid gondola by mid day. The summit was one inch of barely skiable crust on heavy crappy pow. The bowl was mostly un skiable. There was a guy on the boot pack trail with a quad copter shooting God knows what?

Where can I find a detailed weather report like NOAA for revy? I'm thinking about making a trip up there

http://www.revelstokemountainresort....ather-forecast

It's a legit forecast, this is what all of the cat and heli ops use. alpinefx
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    http://www.revelstokemountainresort....ather-forecast

It's a legit forecast, this is what all of the cat and heli ops use. alpinefx
    Just saw this. Thank you.