Best shop in Summit county?

Near Dillon/Frisco

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Yeah, well, my buddy lives there and has a card. Gold, Jerry, gold. But, I need good ski techs.

I know racers edge in breck is pretty solid. I haven't had work done elsewhere so I can't compare. But if you need it, they can do it.

Precision ski or podium. Both in Frisco.

Depends on what you need. I've gotten boots at Podium in Frisco and had a good experience, I've gotten mounts at AMR in Breck, Christy's in Dillon, a Racer's Edge in Breck, and Wilderness in Dillon. They're all solid, just a little different.

Tunes: Monocera for tunes above all others,

Mounts and tunes: Wilderness in Dillon for BC kinda stuff. Podium or Racer's Edge for Alpine skiing stuff.

Christies isn't bad for retail stuff, but their shop goes through phases. Good prices usually though.

Mountain Sports, Sports Authority, Virgin Islands, are all decent options, but others are better.

Monocera, Ryan is the best at what he does!

Ryan has been tuning my families equipment for quit some time. He does my daughters race and all mntn skis my snowboards and the pow set ups as well. My wife's skis came back better than factory. Hell, he tunes many famous athletes skis and boards like Shawn White! I worked as a tech for years and understand the quality of his product. He fixes edges so you don't even know they were broke. Whatever you do. Don't go to precision ski and golf. Their robot is the worst tuning machine my board ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by vidgemaster View Post
    Ryan has been tuning my families equipment for quit some time. He does my daughters race and all mntn skis my snowboards and the pow set ups as well. My wife's skis came back better than factory. Hell, he tunes many famous athletes skis and boards like Shawn White! I worked as a tech for years and understand the quality of his product. He fixes edges so you don't even know they were broke. Whatever you do. Don't go to precision ski and golf. Their robot is the worst tuning machine my board ever had.
    Nice first post.

There are probably a few dozen national team skiers from a dozen different countries and a couple of "A" list freeride athletes not to mention just about every NA product manager and local sales rep for just about every major ski brand that would find your criticism of Precision amusing.

Ryan should stop hangin' out with you.

When Precision isn't busy I've gotten some of the best tunes ever there. On the other hand during crowded times I've gotten some pretty bad work. YMMV

Both are great shops, no need for mudslinging.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Both are great shops, no need for mudslinging.
    Precision sounds hit or miss, too big to admit a fail?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Precision sounds hit or miss, too big to admit a fail?
    Precision uses one of those big fancy new machines. They are great, but can have issues. But aren't they the ones with the slogan: "it's not the tune, you suck". Or maybe that was Racer's...

The owner of Precision is a consultant for Montana. The robot in their shop is one of best maintained and tricked-out Robots in the US second only to maybe the one at the Montana service center in Denver or at their US HQ in Massachusetts. Go in there and ask him to show you all the different patterns he can run then go anywhere else in CO and ask the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by rug wheelie View Post
    The owner of Precision is a consultant for Montana. The robot in their shop is one of best maintained and tricked-out Robots in the US second only to maybe the one at the Montana service center in Denver or at their US HQ in Massachusetts. Go in there and ask him to show you all the different patterns he can run then go anywhere else in CO and ask the same question.
    Ummm, Boulder Alpine Base and Edge has that shizzle....i saw at least 3 different patterns.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Venture Sports in Avon has that shizzle too. I've seen the pattern book (which is just the tip of the iceberg) and it has a ton of structures.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by rug wheelie View Post
    Cool, can he run a post pattern? Do they pronounce Montana with some cool Swiss/Francaise acent? You definitely don't want someone with that glazed over look with a hankering for the munchies operating the robot. You might end up with burger juice on your boards. Not good.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I've skied some stuff venture tuned as well, nice work.

FWIW, the big robotic machines were made for quantity, not quality. That said, you can still get a great tune on one, you just need to make sure the tech knows what they're doing and gives a shit about your particular gear. If you're one of the great unwashed who just drops off and picks up, don't expect much.
    The Sheriff is near!

Precision Ski for boot fitting, alpine mounts and fancy/race tunes, ski rejuivination with a base extruder.

Wilderness Sports for BC mounts, standard tunes, ski repair and base welds.

I used to go to Racers Edge, but they closed. I don't know anything about the "new" Racers. I know one of their best people went to Podium.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.