Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Not on a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, the rich white people are probably freaking out, but, there's going to be a dramatic drop in citations for walking while black.
    Yeah, I posted about this in PolyAss. Not really seeing a downside here.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    Aside from that, Where's he been? He should be kissing the asses of the people who keep him and the city safe, not fueling the fire.
    You're kidding, right? He's the boss -- your employees fuck up and you say "hey - they fucked up and need to do something about not fucking up in the future" isn't being hurtful to your employees. NYPD, more specifically the Union, is acting like a petulant teenager.

Out of all the public sector employees whose asses should be kissed I think cops are at or near the bottom thanks to their well documented historical abuse of authority. Sanitation and Fire Departments should be at the top.

Ok, now you've officially gone full retard.

Where the fuck do you live?
    Jeezus. You're now moonlighting as the voice of the young urban black male on TGR?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Isn't there something called location under join date?
    Holy shit, I just checked my IPad. Have you ever even been to NYC?

Holy shit, I just checked my IPad. Have you ever even been to NYC?
    that place with the big buildings? maybe once or twice

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    hilarious how many Nimrods can't stop referring to sharpton every chance they can. it's comparable to whitey saying "thug," which says more about whitey than the "thug."
    You've been spot on lately. Maybe it's just me. Finding myself becoming more and more progressive as time goes on.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Great editorial at the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/31/op...?smid=fb-share

When Sharpton is next to deBlasio 99% of the time it's easy to see He's no friend of the cops. Did everyone forget about Twana Brawley? His forgetting to pay taxes?
    I just love all the name calling from the experts on race relations on this site.

When Sharpton is next to deBlasio 99% of the time it's easy to see He's no friend of the cops. Did everyone forget about Twana Brawley? His forgetting to pay taxes?
    I just love all the name calling from the experts on race relations on this site.

I think I can speak for the majority of people here when I say I'm glad you live on a island. Stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I think I can speak for the majority of people here when I say I'm glad you live on a island. Stay there.
    fuck you to.
    Afraid of the truth? He's Sharptons puppet.
    Happy New Year

NYPD = whiny bunch of little bitches. Not to a man, but as an organization. So you're finally getting called on your bullshit. Deal with it.

I have friends who are cops in other cities and - much to my surprise - they're pretty much saying the same thing, although not publicly, of course.

fuck you to.
    Afraid of the truth? He's Sharptons puppet.
    Happy New Year

You're giving Sharpton a lot more credit than he deserves. He's a caricature to everyone except racists and pro-cop fuckwits who for some reason think he still matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    You're kidding, right? He's the boss -- your employees fuck up and you say "hey - they fucked up and need to do something about not fucking up in the future" isn't being hurtful to your employees. NYPD, more specifically the Union, is acting like a petulant teenager.

Out of all the public sector employees whose asses should be kissed I think cops are at or near the bottom thanks to their well documented historical abuse of authority. Sanitation and Fire Departments should be at the top.
    I think NYC police have finally exhausted the huge swell of post 9-11 goodwill toward them. How many "NYPD" hats do you see people proudly displaying anymore?

However, I don't think this is true for just NYC. Police in many areas of the country have been on a pretty loose leash for over a decade now and I think we are finally seeing some push back from a sizable portion of the populous.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Staten Island may as well be a city in the Midwest.

I do agree that Sharpton is a massive mistake. What the fuck was he thinking? But, I suspect the ex lesbian wife is pulling a lot of strings there. This is what a true, liberal, "progressive" eastern elite mayor's office looks like, and it ain't pretty. Most of these people are professional liberals that have never worked in the private sector. DeBlasio hasn't. Last job was "public advocate". What the fuck is that? And yet, he can afford to travel to Italy with his entire family for a ten day summer vacation, just six months into the job. Public service is lucrative for many.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I think NYC police have finally exhausted the huge swell of post 9-11 goodwill toward them. How many "NYPD" hats do you see people proudly displaying anymore?

However, I don't think this is true for just NYC. Police in many areas of the country have been on a pretty loose leash for over a decade now and I think we are finally seeing some push back from a sizable portion of the populous.

Agreed. Police and fire departments, the "first responders", have been milking 9/11 for billions in pay and benefits since. Woe to the politician who fucks with their saintly status. Walker in Wisconsin didn't include both in his pension assault a few years ago.

The sharpton thing is incredibly inflammatory, without question. Barry does this, too.

Why am I not surprised.

This is what the people who we should hold so high in esteem do when they are faced with the smallest amount of scrutiny? Fuck em.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    Barry does this, too.
    The old money Old Larry shows his face. You and the firm can afford private security so why do you even care? It's not like you pay New York taxes commuting from the quiet enclave.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The old money Old Larry shows his face. You and the firm can afford private security so why do you even care? It's not like you pay New York taxes commuting from the quiet enclave.
    If OL works in NYC he pays NYC taxes

If OL works in NYC he pays NYC taxes
    I also care about NYC-

Excellent summary. The Noerdlinger woman just set me off. What the fuck. The city is paying 170000 for a PR person for the mayor's wife??

This guy is gone after one term.

spook Guest
    I knew sept 11 was an inside job. I just didn't realize it was the first responders' unions! who said cops are stupid?