Liberty Origin - anyone skied?

Considering these for a powder compliment to my Cochise daily drivers as I can get for cheap. Worried they might be a little too soft for resort use in the PNW which even on deep days is mostly chop and crud. I tend to prefer a more damp charger but looking to mix it up a bit. Anyone demoed or skied?

No. But it sounds like you want a Caylor or Jeffrey 122.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Good input. Billy Goats have been on the list too plus I'd be supporting the PDX locals. Now if I could find some for cheap.

I just got a pair of Origins - I love them.

I previously had the old mantras (pre early rise tip) - in 184 cm. I also had 186 Gotamas, which felt a little too short. I sold my Gotamas because I tried to convince myself I could own one pair of skis. This led to me selling the Mantras and buying this years Bonafides (187). Everything has been factory recommended mount.

I skied the 190 CM origins for 3 days now and have found them to be a better version of the Gotamas, better edge hold on hard crustyness. We have recently gotten a lot of snow in VT, but it's all in the woods, so on the way back to the lift, it's still firm and I was shocked how good the Origins were on the firmness. What I like the absolute most overall was the maneuverability in relatively tight EC trees. I would absolutely recommend them. The best price I found anywhere was Outdoor Gear Exchange, in Burlington, Vt. which was suprisingly cheaper than Backcountry, or Evo, etc..., I wouldn't write off the Origins.

buy em

...that's all i got
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Best ski I've ever owned hands down. They float amazingly well, which is pretty obvious, but I was blown away by the hard snow performance. I have a lot of skis, and this is the only pair I've taken out this season. Not sure why they don't get more love on this site. I believe they did really well in the mag tests, even though that doesn't always mean anything. They are insanely quick edge to edge, but very stable at high speeds. Liberty nailed it on this model. If you can get them cheap, let me know where so I can grab another pair.

Demo'd these at Stratton yesterday.. Perfect ski for the surprise dump. I too was super impressed with the all-around ability of these skis. The only other ski I had as much fun on yesterday was the Patron.

Bump. Anyone else have feedback on these? Thinking of picking up a pair for a touring/ powder/ crud ski.

Bump. Looking for some additional feedback on these skis. Planning to take advantage of the end of season sales to pick up either the Origins or Bent Chetler. Thanks.

One patroller buddy has gone through 3 pairs of them this season, all have snapped in different places. Another friend broke a pair last season. Liberty has been pretty good about replacing them, but I wouldn't trust their durability in the long run.