Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wanted: Deer Valley guide for $200/day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419795938.906073.jpg 
Views:	875 
Size:	554.9 KB 
ID:	161953

This ad ran in the park record this week and dude included his email, just gonna leave this here...

Any park city locals gonna step up and post an epic TR?

based on his email, this is your date for the day....

Too bad Parvo moved.

A SkiFishBum TR of his guiding JONG dentist(?) at DV would be awesome.

i could actually do this, i live close enough... i dont ski dv because not any gnar there, but the ad doesnt say it has to be someone familiar with dv. should i do it?

Quote Originally Posted by gnarhucker View Post
    i could actually do this, i live close enough... i dont ski dv because not any gnar there, but the ad doesnt say it has to be someone familiar with dv. should i do it?
    Of course you should do it. $200 a day to ski with an old rich dude doesn't sound to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LJC View Post
    Of course you should do it. $200 a day to ski with an old rich dude doesn't sound to bad.
    Free lunch too

Quote Originally Posted by LJC View Post
    ski with an old rich dude doesn't sound to bad.
    I wonder what's the old dude's move gonna be during apres!

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    I wonder what's the old dude's move gonna be during apres!
    this is my concern... his idea of pole whacking might be completely different than mine...

he may also be looking for a girl. someone should reply from an email addy with a feminine touch.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Too bad Parvo moved.

A SkiFishBum TR of his guiding JONG dentist(?) at DV would be awesome.
    lifes to short to spend er on green circles and blue squares specially w/ a practictioner of dental arts
    but i'm sure there's someone in the psia clan who thinks getting paid to ski crap w/ dorks is worth it
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

If he wants company, he could get a half day lesson $170 and no waiting in line. Save him lift ticket and lunch costs even with a 20% tip.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    lifes to short to spend er on green circles and blue squares specially w/ a practictioner of dental arts
    but i'm sure there's someone in the psia clan who thinks getting paid to ski crap w/ dorks is worth it
    I wouldn't dismiss this so fast. Dude may have some friends who need bindings mounted and a tune, or perhaps some roofing work on the ski house you could do in the summer.
    They call it networking.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I wouldn't dismiss this so fast. Dude may have some friends who need bindings mounted and a tune, or perhaps some roofing work on the ski house you could do in the summer.
    They call it networking.

wow! someone who actually gets ski town logic, if your looking to survive for many years in a ski town this is how you need to think

all you other dooshbags making fun of this guy, yes it's funny in a way, it made me smirk this morning, but the reality is this is a great opportunity just because 90% of tgr posters are hardcore and can't ski a green or blue and only last a season or two before heading back to a warm safe cubicle in some shit hole city

spent a half day skiing with a billionaire in telluride, yes is was sort of boring and he wasn't that knar of a skier and we talked about ivy league schools, his five million dollar house, the stone imported from some thousand year old home in a shit hole town in china that was getting flooded by the three rivers dam, life is all about experiences and the people you meet

maybe that guy bitching about ski instructor wages should jump on this

At least he's not looking for someone to snowboard with. Then I'd question if it was legit.

Where is HoneyPie when you need her?

(Or whatever that chick that advertised to stay in someone's ski house in Tahoe's name was...)
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Fuck. SFB, you shock me. I sure could use $200 a day and free lunch. And I don't claim to be a bum. And Timber is pretty spot on.

Anyone who can't have fun skiing intermediate terrain might want to open up their eyes and get creative. Especially for $200 / day.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    he may also be looking for a girl. someone should reply from an email addy with a feminine touch.

This would be great - gorgeous lady applies, Slaag Master shows up.

Some of your guys are just plain whores.

Lunch would have to be at Stein's, with a free run of the wine list.

Not me I'm a slut ... I do it for free
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

For $800, 4 lunches, and 4 lift tickets, this sounds like a easy way to subsidize a trip to DV.

honestly, couldn't think of an easier resort to guide. all those endangered-species fur lined bogner mono suited 1 percenter ski hacks seem to never venture beyond flagstaff mountain leaving the rest of the resort vacant even on the busiest days of the season. no need to study the map. just avoid flagstaff mountain. for fusck sake, even if you spend the whole week lappin' mayflower and sultana, he'd almost think that eastside bald mtn was exclusively reserved for the two of you. the black and double-blues (whatever that means) over on sultan and mayflower are overrated just like every other run at that resort. some tight glades in the mayflower environs for the two of you to pull into for some polewhackin', might even score some face shots if it snows.
    style matters...

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    For $800, 4 lunches, and 4 lift tickets, this sounds like a easy way to subsidize a trip to DV.
    Especially from Sandy.

The real prize here could be the consulting fee you could charge Splat for pitching PM Gear to a potential investor.